|Wynonna Kicks Off the TJ's Corral Concert Season!|
And the First Outdoor Concert for 2017 Will Be . . . Wynonna Judd when she brings her Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour to TJ’s Corral on Saturday night, April 29! Check it out because tickets will be going on sale this Saturday morning. We’re also announcing one more of the concerts for the coming season – the Marshall Tucker Band will invade TJ’s Corral on Friday night, July 28. While we’re letting a few cats out of the bag, we’ll also be releasing details fairly soon about Mixed Martial Arts fights in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, July 1, 2017.
New Giveaways Started this Week: Our January casino promotions kicked in this week so we suggest you read through the In the Casino section below for the details on our Free Cash and Getaway Giveaways promotion, Cash Blast Giveaways on Wednesdays, a Coach grand prize for ladies night and more.
20 Years Ago – the Carson Valley Flood of 1997
It didn’t come without warning . . . the forecasters had one eye on the heavy snow-pack in the Sierra Range and the other on the Pineapple Express stretched out for over a thousand miles in the Pacific and heading right at us. There were emergency preparedness meetings and the TV weather reporters were not holding back in their prognostications . . . they talked not about what might come, but what would come. It all came down as predicted and the result . . . well the aerial video above – a 5 minute clip from a 75-minute video – tells it much better than the written word. Thanks to Jeff McBryde and the many others who made this video possible. Remember those were the VHS days and thus the quality isn’t what it would be today . . . and it was before drones so an actual aircraft was used! The Flood Tapes were for sale in the CVI Gift Shop back then with all proceeds going to Douglas County Search and Rescue and the American Red Cross. Sorry, we don’t have any more and haven’t for years!
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet the NFL Wild Card Games, the NCAA Championship Game, NBA, College Basketball and NHL. Also on the board: wager on who will win the Super Bowl, NBA Championship and NHL Stanley Cup.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive ended the regular NFL season at $4,493 so we conjured up a variety of 15 props on this weekend’s NFL Wild Card Games. Get ‘em all on the $5 card (play as many as you want) and the pot is yours!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike, Alan and Greg:
- Last Week, 4-2: Mike got ‘em both with Oklahoma State at +3 over Colorado and Clemson at +3 ½ over Ohio State. After two stellar weeks, Alan tanked losing both the Raiders to beat Denver and the Dolphins at +9 ½ over the Patriots. Greg squeaked in on the Giants at +8 over the Redskins and “called it” on the Falcons-Saints overs at 56!
- This Week: Mike likes the Giants at +5 over the Packers and the “Overs” at 44½ on the same game. Alan tabbed the “Unders” at 51½ on the Alabama- Clemson game and the Raiders at +3 ½ over the Texans. Greg is counting on two favorites, Clemson at +6 ½ over Alabama and the Dolphins at +10 over the Steelers.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: The Novelists Acoustic Duo performs tonight, Justin Lee entertains Thursday, Friday and Saturday and George Pickard appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. Justin Lee burst onto the country music scene in 2015. The up-and-coming musician has gone from playing in a cover band with his buddies to performing on the same stage as acts like The Band Perry, Parmalee and Jake Owen. Justin has performed at ShipKicker in Long Beach and Night in the Country, Nevada’s largest country music festival. George Pickard co-wrote What Did You Do with Your Old Forty Fives for Bobby Vinton and backed up many acts from the fifties and sixties including The Shirelles, The Diamonds and The Platters. He was also one of the Kingsmen (Louie, Louie).
In the Casino
- Win up to $1,000 in cash in our giveaway drawings at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. every Wednesday in January. Use your card while you play 'cause you get in via hot seat selection and virtual drawing tickets from your play each Wednesday!
- $1,000 Guaranteed Friday: our new Free Cash and Get Away Giveaways Promotion is underway and we’re guaranteeing to give away $1,000 of in some combination of Cash, Free Play and Trips this Friday and every Friday through February 24th in drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM.
- 5X Points Saturday: 5X Points every Saturday in January – five times the benefits of your play!
- Monthly Ladies' Poker Tournament Sunday: Brush up lessons at 3 p.m., play starts at 4 p.m.
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Sign up from 5-to 6 p.m., play starts at 6. $25 buy-in.
- Penny Progressive Almost $52,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Win squares in our $160 NCAA National Championship Football Grid by making a Full House or higher in live action Texas Hold’ em or any hand of Tens Full or higher in Pineapple or Omaha. Grid numbers will be drawn on Monday, January 9 when the board is full and the payout is $40 each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and for final score.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Good way to celebrate National Spaghetti Day which is today!! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is American Bison Game Tips with mushroom Cabernet demi and pepper pappardelle for $27. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!