A “Special” Concert Added
to TJ’s Summer Concert Series
to TJ’s Summer Concert Series
- All season we've been saying the Creedence Clearwater Revisited concert was our last planned concert of the season. We're not sure how we lucked-out, but 38 Special just "landed in our lap!" We finalized the arrangements a couple of days ago and 38 Special will be returning to Minden for a show in TJ's Corral on the last day of summer! We're confident if you were following music in the 1980s you’ll certainly remember some or all of their Southern Rock hits like Hold On Loosely, Caught Up In You, Second Chance, Wild Eyed Southern Boys, If I'd Been the One, Back Where You Belong, Somebody Like You . . . these and many more will fill the TJ's stage on Friday, September 21! Tickets will go on sale this Friday at 10AM with seats at $49 and $59 for what will (most likely) now be the wrap-up event of our 2018 Summer Concerts!
- Back to Creedence Clearwater Revisited: Their concert in TJ's Corral is coming up on Sunday, August 12. And speaking of hits that many will certainly recognize, we're sure you'll hear most if not all of these classics: Born on the Bayou, Green River, Who'll Stop the Rain, Susie Q. Hey Tonight, Long as I Can See the Light, Down on the Corner, Lookin' Out My Back Door, Bad Moon Rising, Proud Mary, Fortunate Son, Have You Ever Seen the Rain and more.
- Tickets: You can buy 'em on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
Big Money Paid Out, Big New Slots Inn
It was a wild week on our slot floor last week with a big winner and some new big slots. Let's run through some of the highlights.
- Big Money Paid Out: Sometimes the fishing is good, sometimes the fishing is . . . Well, you know the old saying, "that's why they call it fishing and not catching!" We can't remember that Andrew Swall (upper right in picture) ever did mention how good the fishing was when he was up in Mammoth. We do know Andrew and his dad and brother stopped here last weekend to stay in the hotel on the way back to Visalia after their fishing trip to Mammoth. As with most people who stop for a night or two, he gave it a shot at winning a fortune. Not sure what kind of bait he was using, but he caught a $444,648 Wheel of Fortune Quarter Progressive Jackpot! Some people are ecstatic and "make some noise!" Some are nonchalant. Andrew was simply shocked as were his brother and father. He remained calm throughout and eventually called his mom to give her the news! What would you do??
- The MEGATOWER™ Comes Inn: This latest addition (upper left in picture) to the IGT Wheel of Fortune Dollar Progressive features a large 27-inch spinning wheel, dual bash buttons, seating for two or lots of personal space for one, a mobile device charging port and over 11 feet of Jackpot fun!
- Big X4 Also Arrives: A large 4-machine carousel (lower left in picture) from Incredible Technologies Inc. features two Heat 'Em Up Power Wheel slots and two Fate of the 8 Power Wheel slots. Fired Up marries huge, classic symbols and a high frequency five-level Power Tower™ Wheel progressive! Fate of the 8 Power Wheel™ brings all of the tradition of Asian beauty with the luck of the number 8 in an exciting 30-line adventure.
- Thursday is India Pale Ale Day. We do mix things up a little once in a while, so keep in mind that this current lineup could change: Lagunitas IPA is on draft at the CVI and Slotworld Casino. Bodines Casino has Full Sail IPA and Sharkey's Casino offers Firestone Luponic!
- Friday is International Beer Day. Originally started in Santa Cruz, CA, International Beer Day began to celebrate the craft of brewing, and to show appreciation for those involved in the making of beer. This quickly expanded to include bartenders and other beer technicians. As the link will tell you it is now celebrated in 207 cities, 50 countries and on 6 continents. Bringing it back down to something manageable: come on in on Friday and enjoy any one of our many other refrigerator-cooled draft or iced-down bottled beers!
- Not a beer drinker? No problem because Friday is also White Wine Day. Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Gewurztraminer . . . We've got them all and we'll serve them to you at the CV Steak bar or in the CV Steak restaurant. Many are available by the glass and our bartenders will be glad to help you wander through the terminology and pairing maze (hint: go with what you like, not with what "they" say!). White Zinfandel? No, it’s not a white wine . . . it’s actually made from red grapes!
- Saturday is Disc Golf Day. Why could we have possibly brought this up? Turns out we (Carson Valley) have a blossoming Disc Golf Course (DGC) near the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Gardnerville. While not quite completed it is quite playable, has been garnering attention, and even has a page on Disc Golf Course Review! Not sure what the protocol is, but if it's anything like green-grass golf, enjoying a beer (see above) during or after play is certainly in order!!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Travel Mug for the first 150 ladies and Yankee Candle Baskets as
- CVI 34th Birthday Giveaway Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM for cash, FreePlay and the chance to win up to $15,000!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points all day Saturday on slot and video play . . . A great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Thursday’s NFL Hall of Fame Game (Bears & Ravens), Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR GoBowling at The Glen Race and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the PGA Championship (Aug. 9 – 12), World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Medallions of Wild Boar for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
|The Blues Monsters|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
The Denver Saunders Duo tonight, The Blues Monsters Thursday thru Saturday, Tyler Stafford Sunday and Monday and the Roem Baur Duo next Tuesday and Wednesday. Denver Saunders (vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) are known for inspiring dancing, laughing and sing-alongs wherever they play. The Blues Monsters is a popular red-hot rockin' blues band from the North Lake Tahoe and Reno area. The quartet performs a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. Whether paying respects to the masters of traditional blues, or rockin' out other tunes, The Blues Monsters get the whole house up and dancing! Tyler Stafford often draws comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon. Roem Baur is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer who ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!