Ladies’ Night Features
Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest Tonight
Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest Tonight
We know National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day isn’t until Friday, but we are marking the occasion tonight with our Ladies’ Night Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest! Ladies’ Night runs from 5:30 to 8:30 PM and we start with two free CVI ornaments for the first 150 ladies. You’ll see Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes and also enjoy the usual games, raffles, a weekly drink special and free bingo for ladies playing in the pit or at slots. Be sure to wear your Christmas sweater whether you consider it ugly or not ‘cause we're making it possible for everyone who remotely participates to win have a chance to win a prize:
- Everyone who wears a sweater with even the slightest hint of Christmas will have their name entered “into the drum” for drawings for prizes including Cash & FreePlay up to $500.
- Unless they change it on the fly, our Ladies’ Night hosts – Kim, Deanna and Julie – will pick the top five Ugly Christmas Sweaters and turn the voting over to the judges to determine the order of finish for prizes including Cash, FreePlay & Gift Baskets.
Penny Progressive Jackpot AlertWhat would you do with this bonus? We have a great idea which we'll share next week if some lucky winner hasn't "hit" it yet!
The 10th Annual Gardnerville Santa Crawl is this Saturday from 7 to 10 PM and Sharkey's Casino is part of the seven-property festivities all to foster holiday fun for the benefit of Austin’s House and the Carson Valley Community Food Closet.
- How to Register: Start by stopping by Battle Born Wine or DST Coffee any day before the Santa Crawl starts on Saturday evening. Purchase a wristband (one for each wrist if you're feeling generous) for $10.00 and all money collected will be split between Austin’s House and the Food Closet.
- How to Participate: Wear your wristband on Saturday and start making the rounds to the participating locations which are the JT Basque Bar & Dining Room, Battle Born Wine, DST Coffee, Overland Restaurant & Pub, The French Bar, Sharkey's Casino and Nevada Ugly. All are literally within "crawling" distance of each other so the "Santa Crawl" name is not a stretch!
- What to Expect: Each location will have one or more drink specials available at a special price to all wearing the official wristband. At Sharkey's Casino, our Silver Dollar Bar will be featuring $1 Red or Green Jello Vodka Shots, $2 Firestone Union Jack IPA draft, $2 Jager Spice shots and $3 Spiced Jager Cider.
- What to Wear: Dress warm to start. Wear anything Santa or Christmas related - use your imagination or go mainstream . . . it's all optional.
- Our Special Tip: You'll "crawl" better if you have a snack or two during the event. Sharkey's Bar Bites are perfect and you can enjoy them right at the Silver Dollar Bar!
- Above All: Please consume responsibly and have fun!
Christmas Week Reminders
- Family Christmas Pictures: Take as many as you’d like in front of the Christmas decorations in our hotel lobby or any of the other decorations throughout the property.
- Gift Cards: If you missed the details in last week’s blog here is a link to all the information on our Gift Cards including how and where our gift cards can be used, how you can buy or reload a gift card and other gift card related information.
- Christmas Day Dining at the Inn: Both CV Steak and Katie’s are serving their regular menus plus holiday specials on Christmas Day. Here’s a link to the Christmas Day Specials in both restaurants.
More of Those “Special” Days
- Today is Oatmeal Muffin Day. We have muffins of a few types, but none with oatmeal (we tried them all again just to be sure!) However . . . here are two alternatives produced in our bakery and available at the Katie’s Bakery Counter: Oatmeal/Raisin Cookies and Lemon and Oatmeal Squares. Oatmeal cravings solved!
- Thursday is Games Day. Games? Pick from any of the 500+ available on our casino floor!
- Friday is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day for those who didn’t celebrate it with us two days early.
- Friday is also Underdog Day. You could take the traditional approach and watch a famous underdog movie like the Karate Kid or Rocky. Or/and you could swing by the sports book and create your own parlay card of three or more underdogs from Friday’s college and pro sports games!!
- Sunday is Festivus. This was pretty much an unknown “holiday” until 21 years ago yesterday when “The Strike” episode of Seinfeld first aired. If you remember it, you know it’s time to dig out your aluminum pole!
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- A Dorothy Parlay Hits: The grinning customer walked up to the CVI Sports Book counter on Monday and handed his winning ticket to Mike as he said, "Lions And Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" Mike’s been in the sports book business for 15 years and he knew right away what had happened: the lucky customer had just won a 3-team parlay on which he picked the Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Bengals and Chicago Bears. The Dorothy Parlay is named for the song in the Wizard of Oz movie and, as with any 3-team parlay it paid 6 to 1!
- Our Guys Picks: The penultimate (next to last) week for picks. We’ll forgo last week’s unpleasantries and give the week 16 prognostications. Greg likes the two big dogs, Cardinals +14 against the Rams and the Bills +13 vs. the Patriots. Steve is taking the Steelers +6 at the Saints and Hawaii as a pick’em against LA Tech in the Hawaii Bowl. Mike will put his money on the Redskins +10 against the Titans and Army -4 ½ vs. the Houston Cougars. Finally, Alan loves his Eagles -1 vs the Texans and Toledo -6 against Florida International in the Coconut Bowl.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot is now $4268 for whoever picks this week’s 15 NFL winners or props straight up on a $5 Card. Play as many as you wish and any ties will be split.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: $160 is available for this coming Monday’s Broncos/Raiders game: $40 each for the first three quarters and the final score. You must be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- The NCAA Bowl Games Continue with eight more contests tonight thru Saturday. The Bowl Games Sheet in our sports book lists all the bowl games by date with information on the times, location, teams, television coverage and odds.
- Sports Book Special Christmas Hours: Check at the Sportsbook for special hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board This Week: NCAA Bowl Games, NFL Football, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
This Week in the Casino
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM and be sure to read the short article above for all the details.
- $75,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion Friday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for cash and FreePlay!
- $75,000 Giveaways Promotion Grand Prize Giveaways Saturday: Drawings at 6 & 8 PM for cash & FreePlay.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in December. Use your rapidly accumulating points for FreePlay, dining, Katie’s Bakery products, hotel stays and more!
- Guaranteed FreePlay Monday: Use your card while playing and you are the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account with accompanying graphics and sounds!
- 5X Points Tuesday: Give yourself a present by increasing your benefits fivefold with 5X Points on Video Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day on Christmas.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM. The Thursday special is Pork Vera Cruz for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday, Christmas Eve, Katie’s is serving all the regular menu items including Monday's Chicken Pot Pie special for $6.99, 11 AM to 10 PM.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh herbs for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread. CV Steak is serving all the regular menu items on Monday, Christmas Eve.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Adam Bergoch tonight, the Michael Furlong Band Thursday thru Saturday and NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights. Adam Bergoch plays an acoustic guitar whilst mixing in effects from his abundance of digital pedals and singing along to some of the most popular songs, including Alternate Rock, Indie, Oldies, Dance, & even Rap. Michael Furlong has been an accomplished performing musician and technician throughout his life with extensive experience as a lead vocalist, lead guitar player, songwriter, studio and live audio engineer, record and video producer and editor. While he and his band perform hits from a variety of artists, he is best known for his “Petty Theft" Show – A Tribute to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!