|You'll Get a Charge While Playing These IGT CrystalSlant™ videos.|
Get a Charge
Out of Playing These New Slots
Out of Playing These New Slots
We've been adding more new slots to our casino floor and we are excited about the increased graphic clarity, more versatile game selection and improved player interaction they bring to You! Most recently we added a bank of four of the latest generation of Konami SeleXion Multi-Game video slots. four new IGT CrystalCurve™ machines and eight IGT CrystalSlant™ videos. As for the “charge” mentioned in the headline . . . bring you cord 'cause the IGT slots, as with new golf carts, have built-in external USB charging ports allowing you to charge your phone or other USB powered devices while you play!
A True Christmas Bonus
for Penny Progressive Winner!
for Penny Progressive Winner!
Wouldn’t you know it! Shortly after last week’s blog was published with the article about the Penny Progressive Jackpot, we found out the jackpot actually hit on Christmas night. What an incredible $86,697 Christmas Bonus for the winner who asked not to be identified! Must be nice to be playing the penny progressive slots while chatting with your son and not even realize you won the jackpot until the bells and whistles bring your attention to your new found fortune! As for the winnings? Perhaps the son’s college tuition will now be less of a burden to the family!
Elvis Week Returns Jan. 6 - 10
It's Elvis Week at CVI January 6th thru 10th in honor of what would have been the King's 84th Birthday on January 8. Stop by during the week and join in on these activities, giveaways and specials:
- Sunday, Jan. 6: Tee Shirt Giveaway - once you earn 100 base points Sunday (without any multipliers), stop by the Guest Services counter and pick up your long-sleeve black CVI tee-shirt while they last.
- Tuesday, January 8: Large Elvis Birthday Cakes will be cut and served along with free champagne in the casino from noon to 1 PM and from 6 to 7 PM.
- Thursday, January 10: Elvis Hot Seat drawings are on from noon to 6 PM for all playing in the casino using your Inn Club Card. Elvis Impersonators in the casino between 5 and 8 PM Thursday – take all the selfies you want!
- Elvis Food Favorites:
- Eat Like a “King” Any Day in Katie’s with these two Elvis Favorites: Biscuits Smothered in White Sausage Gravy for $2.99 and our $5.99 Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs plate with two eggs any style, a chicken-fried steak plus a biscuit and gravy – it's a 24/7 generous plateful and incredible value!
- January 6 – 10 in Katie's: Our morning Elvis Special is Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon French Toast for $6.99 and the afternoon-evening Elvis Special is Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon with vegetables, rice and choice of soup or salad for $13.99.
|Only Comes Into Play If . . . Well Read Below!|
Soup’s On Every Day, But Be Nice
January is Soup Month. Regulars know that we feature two (three?) soups every day in Katie's: our traditional Navy Bean Soup and the House-Made Soup of the Day which is posted on the "blackboard" behind the Katie's Cashier. Our available-every-day House Made Chili might be, could be, our third daily soup offering, depends whether you consider chili a soup!? As to that debate, we'll go with whatever each of our readers decides. We wanted to know and we were amused by what we found out. Turns out it is hotly debated both ways as you'll soon learn in this article! January is also Be Kind to Food Servers Month and we suggest soup lovers head this advise because as any Seinfeld fan knows, if you aren't kind to the Food Server, No Soup for You!
Might Save These Summer Dates
We are starting to line up some of the 2019 Concerts for TJ’s Corral and we'll be announcing more details fairly soon. For now, you might want to mark Thursday, July 4 on your calendar when we plan to continue the Rock & Roll Independence Day theme we started in 2018. And classic country fans will want to check back soon regarding Friday night, July 26! More dates as we pin them down!
Progressive Pro Pick'em Jackpot - Now What?
We did not have a jackpot winner during the regular NFL season and the pot now stands at $4,465 - so what happens now? Reality is that we are required to give away this progressive jackpot by Super Bowl weekend at the latest, so here’s how we’ll do it: The special $5 parlay cards will continue through the NFL Playoff weekends and into Super Bowl weekend if it still has not been won. You’ll continue to pay just $5 per card and the 15 picks will include winners and over/unders (whole numbers so if the score lands on that number, both bets win) plus other props such as first score of the game (TD vs. other) and will there be a defensive or special teams touchdown. Play as many of the $5 cards as you want . . . pick all 15 correctly and win the jackpot (ties split)! Any weekend the Progressive doesn't hit, the pot increases based on the number of bets until Super Bowl Sunday when we’ll make it so someone HAS to win! Complete contest details are available at the Inn's Sports and Race Book.
This Week in the Casino
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Special Gift for the first 150 ladies. Also tonight, All Wrapped Up Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, raffles, a weekly drink special and free bingo for ladies playing in the casino.
- 4X Points Daytime Wednesdays: 4X Points from 4 AM to 4 PM so be sure to use your INN Club card and pad your points benefits rapidly!
- Cash & Trips Giveaways Promotion Friday & Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for Cash, FreePlay and Trips!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in January. Watch your points accrue at quadruple the normal rate!
- Ladies Only Poker Tournament Sunday: It’s the first Sunday of the month . . . Time for the ladies to gather for the monthly Ladies Only Poker Tournament starting at 4 PM.
- Free Tee Shirt Sunday: See details in the Elvis Week article above.
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members, swipe at the casino kiosk Mondays in January for a free reward each week. Check at Guest Services for complete details on the Your Rewards Mondays.
- Poker Room Football Grid Monday: We’re giving away $50 for each of the first three quarters and the final score for the January 7 NCAA Championship Game! Earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Free Cake & Champagne Tuesday: See details in the Elvis Week article above.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three new specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM. The Thursday special is Pork Vera Cruz for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM. Elvis Specials Sunday through next Thursday (see Elvis Week article above)
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak for $26. This Friday it’s Medallions of Wild Boar Tenderloin with bourbon jus for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Sports and Racing at the Inn
- Our Guys All Retain Their Regular Jobs: After 17 weeks of prognosticating for the amusement of our blog readers, let’s see how our 4 Guys did with their two football picks each week: The two sportsbook guys (excellent sports writers by the way) wound up a collective 31-39. Alan’s 18-16 was mostly NFL and heavily Eagles picks and it bested Mike’s 13-21 from mostly college game leanings. Greg from the Sales team finished 16-18 and thus retains his key duties of selling and hosting our many golf groups (he’s really good at this!) rather than switching to a career of smoking cigars and picking sports! Steve proved again he is far better at researching and bringing in new slots for our four casino properties than he is at predicting football outcomes! Our thanks to all four of Our Guys for making their picks each week and especially to Greg for his help tabulating the results and writing most of the short blurbs for our blog each week.
- Horse Racing: What a strong win by McKinzie in the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes at Santa Anita last Saturday! You can click here to watch the race and post-race interviews on YouTube. The Bob Baffert-trained colt is owned by CVI owner Mike Pegram and his long-time racing partners Karl Watson and Paul Weitman. Horse race wagering and watching is available every day of the year at the CVI and also at Bodines Casino.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL Playoff games at the CVI.
- On The Board This Week: The NCAA Championship Game, NFL Playoffs, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NBA Championship and the 2019 World Series.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Carolyn Dolan tonight, the After Dark Band Thursday thru Saturday, the NCAA Football Championship Game on Monday night and Jamie Rollins next Tuesday and Wednesday. Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. For the last fifteen plus years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red.: The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with the guys! With a great variety of rock and roll, country, blues and R & B their “must not miss” show is filled with the songs you know and love and the energy of the group creates a party just waiting for you to join in. An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!