In this week's blog: More on Mike's horses, Free Anniversary Cake & Champagne, Easter Sunday Dinner Specials, Putting Contest for The Masters, a variety of CVI tips and tibits and much more!
- Kentucky Derby hopeful Hoppertunity finished second in Saturday's Santa Anita Derby. No telling yet how that affects the colt's entry status for any of the upcoming Triple Crown races . . . we'll keep you posted in our Wednesday morning blog postings.
- Winner of the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint at Santa Anita Park last fall, Secret Circle races again this Thursday in the $300,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
A couple of CVI Tips:
- Taxes Due Tuesday! Just in case you waited until the last minute and need a 2013 casino win/loss report from us, click on this link to download the "paperwork" to get what you'll need.
- Like What We're Doing at the CVI? We certainly hope so . . . so, we've made it easy to get to our area on Yelp and TripAdvisor with this special Rate Us page!
Some Event Thoughts or Info:
- Our thanks to the Professional Firefighters of Nevada and Delta Kappa Gama for holding major events at the CVI this week. Want to be next with your association, service club, or other affinity group? Call Carrie at 775-783-6673.
- Like the outdoors (who doesn't around here!)? Check out the Clear Creek Trail Opening this Saturday and Sunday . . . . and kudos to the Carson Valley Trails Association for your perseverance and dedication in providing so many places to hike in and around Carson Valley.
- The Douglas High School Prom is this Saturday at Douglas High School. Please drive carefully!
Just Gotta Remind You Department:
- Tickets are on sale through our web site for the Michael Martin Murphy Concert on Thursday, May 1 and the Oak Ridge Boys Concert on Thursday, May 15. Be sure to also check our full schedule of concerts page often for more on tickets availability and new events.
- It's that time of year when we staff up for the busier season so check our Employment Page. Or, better yet, stop by our Human Resources office.
- Every 2nd Tuesday is our Blackjack Tournament and last night's winners were: 1st Place -Robert C.($537.00); 2nd Place - Darrell K. ($323.00) and 3rd Place - Dave M. ($215.00). Next monthly Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday, May 13.
Masters Putting Contest in Poker Room: We know you're thinking "how do poker and The Masters even belong in the same sentence?" Guess it might make more sense if you knew that some of our Poker Room Staff are Grade A Golf Junkies and so are some of our poker players. So, for every one of the four Golf Majors we have a putting contest and . . . well, rather than explain, check the details on our Poker Room Page.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Steve Lord performs tonight, Midnight Express takes the stage Thursday through Saturday and Brian Andrews appears Sunday through next Wednesday. Here is a link to the schedule for the next couple of months.
CV Steak Easter Dinner, Game Special, Open More Nights:
- Game On: Sous Chef Patrick Pierce's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak this Friday is Medallions of Wild Boar with Bourbon Honey Jus and Spiced Grapes - three medallions sautéed to a medium doneness and finished with the bourbon for $28.00. As with all CV Steak entrees, the Game-On Friday special also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato.
- CV Steak Open Six Nights: Reminder: CV Steak is now open Tuesday through Sunday nights!
- Easter Sunday Dinner Specials and Reservations: CV Steak is offering two Easter Dinner Specials and all the regular menu items on Sunday, April 20. As of today, we DO have prime reservation times available for Easter Sunday, but it would be prudent to call CV Steak at 775-783-6650 sooner rather than later as we do fill up for most holidays.
New Bar Picture at Last!: Another big dinner in the Valley Ballroom last Thursday and we snuck in with our smart phone to snap a picture or two of the new bar. Not professional quality (sometimes we have trouble writing much less being photogs) – but you get the idea. Much better to check it out in-person! Just stop by our Sales office and, if nothing is in progress, we'll be glad to show you around!
Ladies Night Tonight! We have Tastefully Simple gifts for our six Hot Seat Winners again tonight . . . plus a Chocolate Easter Treat for the first 150 ladies who show up tonight and 20 of these will also have a Free Play!
Lots More Coming Up: We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday!
Have questions or comments? Post a comment below, shoot us an email using info @ carsonvalleyinn dot com or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator. He or she will get you to the correct person or department!