Mother's Day specials Sunday, The Oak Ridge Boys tickets going strong, Dustin Lynch and Chris Young both in the Top 20 and, as always, some miscellaneous useful info and reminders!
Mother's Day dinner specials. We put it all on one simple flyer and hope you'll stop by! For CV Steak reservations, call 775-783-6650.
- What a great night for our opening concert last Thursday! Michael Martin Murphey and his band certainly didn't disappoint the crowd and the weather was top notch! Thank you to the so many of you who expressed your appreciation for our new venue during the evening!
- The Oak Ridge Boys Concert
tickets are selling very well and we are moving toward a sell-out. Sales had been fairly steady, but took a surge after last Thursday's concert and have been strong since. So, now is the time to get your tickets!
- Top 20 Country Hits: Dustin Lynch (June 13) and Chris Young (August 2) are trending very well on the iTunes Top 100 Country Songs list this morning. Chris is at #17 with Who I Am With You and Dustin's Where It's At is #18.
- You've heard it from us before: horse racing is an iffy business and you "never know" until post time. We saw that last Thursday morning when Mike Pegram's horse Hoppertunity was scratched from the Kentucky Derby due to a foot issue that left a doubt in Trainer Bob Baffert's mind about the safety of running in the Derby. The colt is also out for the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes after undergoing minor surgery for a foot spur earlier this week.
- We offer our hearty congratulations to Steve Coburn and Perry Martin, owners of California Chrome for their Derby victory! Steve and his wife Carolyn are residents of Douglas County and we're thrilled that the Derby winner had such strong local ties!
- Mike and his partners Karl Watson and Paul Weitman were able to celebrate on Saturday when their four-year-old filly Midnight Lucky led wire-to-wire in winning the Grade 1 Humana Distaff in the 7th race at Churchill Downs. Ridden by jockey Rosie Napravnik, this was the fourth win in five starts for Midnight Lucky.
- Shakin It Up, who Mike owns with Dennis Cardoza, came in 2nd by a head in the 9th Race, the Grade 2 Churchill Downs.
- Thanks for the feedback on the May events we listed in last week's Blog posting. We'll try to do it again towards the end of May for June.
- We are now open 7 nights a week in CV Steak: through the summer and into the fall. Helps with the "limited dining choices in our area on Monday nights" dilemma.
- Wow, another month has gone by and our monthly Blackjack Tournament is this coming Tuesday evening. $25 gets you in and ALL the entry fees are paid back out in prize money. In this event, it helps a little to be somewhat good at blackjack . . . helps a bunch more to be lucky!
- Facebook Winner: MaryJane Shaw won the Dinner for Two in CV Steak this past week. Check our Facebook Page early next week for our next giveaway – never a cost to enter. Oh, and watch next Wednesday's blog posting for a heads up.
- National Travel and Tourism Week runs through May 11 – a perfect reason for us to offer our thanks to the many tourists who visit the Carson Valley Inn each year – we appreciate your business!
Let's Hear From You! To send us suggestions or comments, use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!