In this week's blog posting: The Oak Ridge Boys are Standing Room Only for Thursday, B. J. Thomas Concert tickets are now on sale, Minden-Tahoe Airport in our spotlight, more!
Video Image of Grassy Seating Area
- The Oak Ridge Boys Concert has sold out for the regular and VIP seating BUT – we have opened up a limited number of SRO (Standing Room Only with a seating option) tickets for what promises to be a truly electrifying Carson Valley Event this Thursday!! Bring a blanket, sit on the raised grass area along the back of TJ's Corral - or stand if you wish - and you'll have a pretty darn good view! The grassy area is over 4,000 sq. ft. (see the video above) and it's the same distance from the front of the stage as it is from home plate to first base on a baseball diamond. Did you know that professional baseball players cover that distance in about 4.5 seconds! But, before we digress further (wait- isn't digressing part of the idea behind a blog?), here's the important part: SRO tickets are $30 plus processing fee and they are only available by calling our Events Center Hotline at 775-783-7766.
- Tickets are now on Sale for the B.J. Thomas Concert on Thursday, July 10. Once again, our blog readers are getting this information first . . . so we suggest you check our blog posting every Wednesday morning for a heads up on the latest news from the CVI!
- Kudos to the folks at Getaway Reno Tahoe who were most gracious in letting CVI's Bill Henderson write a guest blog for them. He talks about the summer concert lineup, the new TJ's Corral and – well heck, just read it – fairly short!
- Dustin Lynch's (June 13) Where It's At and Chris Young's (August 2) Who I Am With You continue to trend up on the iTunes Top 100 Country Songs and Billboard Top 100 Country Hits.
- Speaking of Dustin Lynch, we'll be running a contest on our Facebook Page starting this Friday to giveaway two tickets for the Dustin Lynch Concert including a hotel room for concert night. It's free to enter, so check it out!!
Everyone Loves Airplanes . . .
. . . and our local Minden-Tahoe Airport (KMEV in airplane jargon) has just about the best general aviation access and services a pilot could expect. Sure helps the tourism economy, too, providing guests for our hotel whether here on business or pleasure. In early June, the airport will be hosting a 3-day visit by the Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour with the opportunity to tour or take a ride (for a fee, of course) in a B-17 (see the modern-day tail gunner at the left), B-24, B-25 or P-51. Later in June KMEV will be the site of the Minden 18 Meter Nationals Glider Competition – just one of the many national or international soaring events held locally.
As Always, Interesting Tidbits and News:
- Mike's horses: Fiftyshadesofhay rallied to take the one-mile Grade 2, $250,000 Ruffian Stakes at Belmont Park on Sunday. Last we heard, none of Mike's horses are running this weekend, but we'll all be rooting for California Chrome in Saturday's Preakness Stakes!
- Game On! Chef Patrick's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak this Friday is a Rabbit Stifado – a flavorful, slow cooked rabbit stew served with Orzo pasta – just $25.00! As with all CV Steak entrees, the Game-On Friday special also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: George Pickard performs tonight, The Vegas Road Show appears Thursday through Saturday and Brian Andrews takes the stage Sunday through next Wednesday. Here is a link to the schedule for the next couple of months.
- Pardon Our Dust: OK, so it's sealer and not dust. If you drive by this week and wonder what's going on in the west parking lot (between the CVI and the RV Park), we're having the lot re-sealed – half today and the other half on Sunday. This project will not affect the available parking for Thursday night's concert and we'll be sealing other sections of the lot next week.
Let's Hear From You! To send us suggestions or comments, use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!