2 Down, 1 to Go: How sweet to watch Steve Coburn weep with absolute joy and elation after California Chrome won the Preakness Stakes last Saturday. We wish Douglas County residents Steve and Carolyn a place in history on June 7th when California Chrome runs in the Belmont Stakes for the first Triple Crown since 1978! We'll have all the TVs in our place tuned in and we'll all be Crooning for the Chrome with some tee shirt giveaways, too. In case you missed it, be sure to check Chris Murray's column in the Reno Gazette Journal on the Ten Things You Don't Know About California Chrome!
TJ's Corral News and Info:
- The Oak Ridge Boys Were Great! Thanks to over 1000 gracious and enthusiastic fans and supporters, The Oak Ridge Boys Concert sold out and "The Oaks" certainly did not disappoint! They did all their hits plus a rockin' (southern style of course) rendition of the Allman Brothers' Ramblin Man! Be sure to keep tabs on our upcoming concerts and we hope to see you often at TJ's Corral!
- Food Truck Festival Next in TJ's Corral: Saturday, May 31 brings our next Food Truck Festival to TJ's Corral and the adjacent parking lot area with a variety of Food Trucks, beverages to wash it all down and free live entertainment with The Blues Monsters.
- The Bluebird Café – as seen on many episodes of the ABC hit show Nashville – is the real rootsDustin Lynch who appears live in TJ's Corral on June 13. He rented an apartment behind the Bluebird Café’s back parking lot and literally walked to the Bluebird several times a week to listen and learn about the mysterious art of creating songs from some of Nashville’s most important writers.
- Eddie Money means Real Money on June 21 for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch . . . and we'll tell you how it all works next week!
- One of our 2014 concert artists appearing in TJ's Corral is a former New York City Police Officer. We'll reveal the identity next week!
As Always, Interesting Tidbits and News:
- Game On! Chef Patrick's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak this Friday is Braised Wild Boar Shanks: two boar shanks braised and slow cooked with a Bourbon boar sauce for $26.00. The Game-On Friday special also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Brian Andrews performs tonight, After Dark appears Thursday through Sunday for the long Memorial Day Weekend and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Monday day through next Wednesday.
- The NBA Conference Finals are Thundering along at a Heated Pace Spurred on by . . . well NBA fans can see where this was trying to go! Anyway, bet the games in our Sports Book, watch 'em in the Cabaret Lounge or at the Cabaret Bar, and enjoy our variety of bar bites munchies right at your seat!
- Cover Up Continues: but just for a few more days as we finish resealing our parking lot this week. It's a section at a time so we'll always have plenty of parking. Thanks for your patience.
- Bear Claws: We have a few regular visitors who call in to order the Bear Claw pastries we bake fresh at the CVI and sell in Job's Perk! Want to check availability on any given day? Call Job's Perk at 775-783-7736.
- What's Happening? As promised a couple of weeks ago, we're working on a June Calendar of area events (with links to more information) and we'll have that in next week's Wednesday blog posting.
Facebook Page that went up last Friday. If you are into Facebook (if you aren't, be careful about getting hooked!), be sure to check our page, "Like" us, and watch for up-to-date reminders on our casino promotions and other news . . . plus our occasional easy-to-enter giveaway contests.
What's On Your Mind?? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!