Win 3 Nights at the CVI and 3 Rounds of Golf - No Joke!! If you are a golfer, you definitely want to read this one. Your best golf joke can win you exactly what the headline states and more. One of the rounds of golf is part of the Divine 9 Golf Media Tour on Tuesday, September 30. On the surface, it's a round of golf. However, it is one of the most unique rounds of golf you will ever play: two holes at each of nine area courses - all in one day! You start with breakfast at o dark thirty, the bus leaves at dawn and you'll be joining a dozen media types who will be writing about, tweeting, blogging, or recording the day's events to help promote the courses and lodging in our area. This day is not for the feeble. It's long, the crowd gets loud towards the end of the day, and there's no time for practice swings or whining. There are plenty of liquid refreshments on the bus, lunch and snacks are included, and everyone gathers for dinner at the JT Restaurant and Bar after the last two holes at the end of the day - and it's all included. Sound like something you'd enjoy? Here's how you enter: Go to this link for the details and then just send your best golf joke by noon on Wednesday, September 17. We guarantee the winner will have a golf and social experience you won't soon forget.
The Collegiate and Amateur Boxing card in TJ's Corral this Saturday starts at 4 p.m. and tickets are just $10 . . . get 'em online or at the hotel desk. Catch boxers from Nevada, Airforce Academy, Cal and Washington as they tune up for the 2015 season. You'll see 2014 National Champions and National finalists in action and have a chance to meet the Nevada Boxing coaches and some of the Nevada Boxing alumni.
Was that the Real Billy Joel? If you thought you heard Billy Joel singing in TJ's Corral last Saturday . . . it wasn't the real Billy Joel! We had a summer BBQ for our INN Club members with a Billy Joel Tribute Act as the evening's entertainment. Why point this out? It's just another reminder to use your INN Club card whenever you play at the CVI. All the invites to this event went to folks who had earned a certain level of points in the past few months and, the best part: No points were charged to attend the event! We have more of these events coming up . . . so please always use your card!
this link to the "100" list that our friends at Heavenly Lake Tahoe send us on August 13. So, you can go through the first 28 days on fast-forward and pick up from today, scan thru all 100, or pick 'n' choose as you wish. No matter how you shake it, Ski Season is on the horizon and the Carson Valley Inn will be posting our 2014/15 Ski Packages soon! And for the record: we're going to take a swipe at the day-71 tip as soon as it warms up today!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- We mentioned a lot of the details of our NFL Football Promotions last week but forgot to remind you that that our Bar Bites Snacks are available during all games (because they are served 24/7) and we invite you to check out the offerings at This Link. Nothing like having food delivered to your seat while you watch sports at the CVI!
- Speaking of Football - After Further Review: Nevada Football's first 2-0 start since 2010 has everyone pumped up at the University of Nevada and "things" are happening fast . . . including a change in date for Coach Brian Polian's Wolf Pack Blitz lunch at the Carson Valley Inn. Originally scheduled for September 22, the trip to Minden by the Coach and Athletic Department staff will now be on Monday, November 3. All other details are the same: The cost is $17 per person and advance reservations are a must through the University of Nevada Athletic Department at 775-682-6901.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Seared and Braised Antelope with Cranberry Port Glaze and Smoked Potato Croquettes, served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for just $26.00!
- Congratulations to last night's winners in our September Blackjack Tournament as the top 3 finishers shared the prize pool of $1250. Mickey Bennett finished first for $625. Second place and $375 was won by Joshua Gutierrez. The $250 for third place went to Ron Perreira. It's just a $25 buy-in and the next monthly tournament is Tuesday, October 14.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Dale Poune appears tonight, The Vegas Road Show entertains Thursday – Saturday, NFL Football fills the Cabaret Sunday and Monday nights and Steve Lord takes the stage Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Ladies' Night –Tonight! Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Cosmetic Travel
- A reminder about two big events in our Valley Ballroom this Weekend:
- The Sierra Nevada Republican Women “September 11” Dinner is Friday evening. Tickets for this official NV Sesquicentennial event are available thru Nancy, 775-267-6937.
- The Friends of the NRA dinner is Saturday and last minute tickets are available through Blayne at 775-450-2349.