|Sunset at the Charlie Daniels Band Concert Courtesy of Brian Aspenleiter|
A September Top Ten! September is the ideal time to stay at the CVI and enjoy our area's recreation and adventure. Here are just a few of our suggestions:
- Go Soaring at Minden-Tahoe Airport (775-782-9595)
- Experience Skydiving (on your bucket list?) at Minden-Tahoe Airport (775-790-7602)
- Marvel at The Fall Colors in Hope Valley on Hwy 88
- Take A Hike on one of the many Carson Valley Trails (775-782-8145)
- View Lake Tahoe from above with a Hot Air Balloon Ride (775-790-7572)
- Take a Walking Tour of Minden's Historic District (775-782-8145)
- Stroll thru Nevada's oldest settlement with a Walking Tour of Genoa (775-782-8145)
- Take home one of the top three cash prizes in the CVI Monthly Blackjack Tournament this coming Tuesday, Sep. 9
- Sip Wine & Visit Local Shops at the Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk on Sep. 18 (775-782-8027)
- Feast on a Fantastic Dinner in CV Steak
Please Don't Forget these Two Events Coming This Month:
|Garrett Felling at Nevada |
Boxing Hall of Fame
Induction Last Month
- The Collegiate and Amateur Boxing in TJ's Corral on September 13 presents a great opportunity to see some National Collegiate Boxing Association Champions in action including Nevada boxer Garrett Felling who won the NCBA boxing title last spring at 185 pounds and Jacob Berggren who captured the NCBA 139-pound championship title over Nevada's JJ Mariano. You'll also get a chance to meet the Nevada Boxing coaches and many Nevada Boxing alumni, a caring brotherhood of now successful businessmen who continue to keep the sport alive and well. Tickets are just $10 and are available online.
- Nevada Coach Brian Polian's Visit is less than three weeks away so plan now to attend his Nevada Wolf Pack Blitz buffet lunch here at the CVI on Monday, September 22. The cost is $17 per person and advance reservations are a must through the University of Nevada Athletic Department. Please call 775-682-6901 by Friday, September 19.
CVI Bakers 2, CVI Blog Writers 0:
- They Threw a Cupcake at Me! Last week we mentioned a great deal for September: 50% off
- And Then They Attacked Our Waistlines! A day later, a frequent CVI Guest Reggie Gold asked an innocent question on our Facebook Page inquiring about what flavor of pies we would have that weekend. Foolishly, one of us went down to the bakery to ask. A half hour later we had been sweet-talked into tasting all of the weekend's offerings and the result?? Not even a dent could be made with 50 minutes on the treadmill that night!
- Bottom Line: Our bakery operates seven days a week making the cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, brownies and other goodies served in our restaurants and sold at the bakery display at the entrance to Katie's. Order is advance for birthdays, anniversaries, office or home open houses or receptions, holidays, or any special occasion. The heavy volume of sales assures freshness and, as we found out, if you try to eat a whole room full of this stuff (way past the "moderation" level) by yourself, it will require a few extra minutes on the treadmill . . .but it's worth it!!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- NFL Football Starts This Weekend and we're all set with Parlay Cards, our Progressive Pro Pick'em where you pick the NFL games without a point spread, beer specials during all NFL Games including Bud & Bud Light draft beer for just $2 and $1 off all other Anheuser-Busch draft beers, Monday Night Football drawings and more!
- We are in touch weekly with the folks at Amador Stage Lines as they work out the details for Scheduled Bus Service between Reno Airport and Carson Valley. Their web site should be coming soon with rates, schedules and a more definitive starting date.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Jonathan "JB" Barton appears tonight, Steppen Stonz entertains Thursday – Saturday, NFL Football fills the Cabaret Sunday and Monday nights and Dale Poune takes the stage Tuesday and Wednesday.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Grilled Game Brochette with marinated Buffalo and Antelope, Venison and Alligator Sausage finished with a red wine demi and served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $28.00!
- Ladies' Night –Tonight! Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Gift Basket from
- Speaking of Gift Baskets: We saw the list of some of the Gift Baskets that will be auction prizes at the Bunko for Breast Cancer event in our Valley Ballroom on Saturday, October 11.Those dedicated ladies at GE are VERY creative!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You . . .
. . . for making the Charlie Daniels Band Concert a sell out and an overwhelming success. At the top of today's blog is just one of the hundreds of stunning photos taken that night as the sun set in spectacular fashion over the Sierra Range. Thanks to Brian Aspenleiter of Minden Grill Company for sending us this one!
. . . for supporting the recent Austinpalooza which raised $7,435 for Austin's House. Left to right in the picture: Derek McReavy, Julie Keller and Chad Cox (all GE); Conrad Buedel, Austin's House; Bill Henderson and Stew Stewart (Carson Valley Inn).
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!