Football Season is Here! Yesterday the season's first Parlay Card came out at the
- Our Progressive Pro Pick'em offers a special $5 parlay card each week with all the NFL games and you pick winners without a point spread. Pick 'em all and win a minimum of $2,500 (ties split)!
- During all NFL Games, Bud & Bud Light draft beer is just $2 and all other Anheuser-Busch draft beers are $1 off.
- Monday Night Football drawings are held for items such as NFL hats, CVI shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes.
- Also every Monday: two guests will be drawn to qualify for the Super Bowl Ultimate Tail Gate Package including two tickets to any Raider's home game in 2015, a BBQ grill, a $100 meat gift certificate to Costco, a Bud Light Easy-Up canopy, a couple of cases of Bud beer and assorted Bud Light T-shirts, hats and promotional items.
Run That By Me Again!? Our September casino promotions start next week, but here's a peak ahead. We'll start with the part that has even the Blog Department amazed. Inn Club members earn 5X Points on Saturdays and then get 50% off when paying with points in Katie's on Tuesday's from 2 to10 p.m. We're confident our Casino Marketing and Accounting folks checked in advance to make sure this makes financial sense, but it sounds to us writers as if this is a "don't miss" opportunity to dine in Katie's on Tuesdays for "pennies on the dollar!" Add in that CVI points have 5 times the value of the place just down the street (yep, we checked it out ourselves on the video reels and that's the majority of our slot play) and the multiplier effect becomes so high we can't even see it! Here's another one that has us non-numbers-types scratching our heads: On Mondays in September, when you earn 125 points that day, you just swing by the casino kiosk and swipe your card for a Free Omelet or Free $6.99 Platter (we have 6 of 'em on the menu) that same day. Plus, you keep the 125 points!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- A reminder that the '65 Mustang Coup will be given away this Saturday at Bodines Casino. The drawings are at 5 & 7 p.m.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Greg Austin appears tonight, Stew Stewart entertains Thursday – Sunday and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Monday thru Wednesday.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Mesquite Smoked Buffalo Prime Rib, a 10 oz. carving of American Bison Prime Rib, seasoned with a rock salt mixture of herbs, cold smoked and slow roasted to retain juices. Served with creamed horseradish, tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $32.00!
- Ladies' Night Gifts & Prizes: Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Gift Basket from World Market . . . and the first 150 ladies will receive clip-on book lights. Next Wednesday night there will be more stuff from The Blue Cow (Blue Cow? We'll explain next Wednesday).
- Coming next Wednesday's blog: A September Top Ten Recreational & Adventure Activities in our area and an update on the scheduled bus service between Carson Valley and Reno Airport.
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!