Lots of interesting information and news this week, thanks for reading!
Scheduled Bus Service between Reno Airport and Carson Valley: Great news for locals and visitors to our area . . . it looks like the long-anticipated Scheduled Bus Service between the Reno Airport and Carson Valley may finally be in place by this November if all goes well. We have been working with Amador Stage Lines for over 2 years as they have weaved through the process of obtaining a grant that will enable them to get this service started. At this point, they are looking at four scheduled round-trips every day (yes, 7 days a week) with the times based on the inbound and outbound flight patterns. Local stops will definitely include the Carson Valley Inn and the new Community Center. Amador Stage Lines also runs the South Tahoe Express which connects the Stateline area with Reno Airport. We've known these folks for 30 years and they don't do something unless they can do it right! They promised to keep us informed and we'll provide updates on start date, costs, schedules, etc. as we get the information.
Carson Valley Inn Goes International! Two dozen Rotary Youth Exchange students from around the Northern NV/CA Rotary District gathered at the Carson Valley Inn this past weekend for their start-of-year orientation session. Countries from all over the world were represented by these students who will be staying with host families until next summer. Our Thanks to Rotarian Jon Greene who posed the group and took this picture at our hotel entrance on Saturday.
How Would You Look in this '65 Mustang Coup? Darn good we'll bet! Someone will have the chance to find out because our sister property Bodines Casino is giving this car away soon. Bodines players are earning entries every time they play this month and Qualifying Drawings are every Friday and Saturday with the car giveaway on Saturday, August 30. Stop by Bodines on your next trip to Costco and check it out!
Jump? Are You Out of Your Mind?! If you are not of the "Why jump out of a perfectly functional airplane" persuasion, then this is for you! Another exciting outdoor activity is joining the plentiful list of Carson Valley area recreational opportunities: Skydiving!! Based at one of the finest General Aviation Airports in the west, Skydive Lake Tahoe opens for business this month at Minden-Tahoe Airport, just 5 minutes from the Carson Valley Inn. And if the song "Jump" popped into your mind when you read this (bet it just did now) hopefully it was the Van Halen version - the only single the group released in their career to reach number one in the U.S. Will you "jump?"
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Johnny Smokes appears tonight, Atomika entertains Thursday - Saturday, Dale Poune is in on Sunday & Monday and Greg Austin takes the stage Tuesday & Wednesday.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Seared and Braised Antelope with Cranberry Port Glaze and Smoked Potato Croquettes; served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $26.00!
- How Much is in Your Piggy Bank? You'll have to let us know after Ladies' Night tonight. Each of tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Piggy Bank pre-loaded with a surprise amount of cash.
- An Super Bowl Ultimate Tail Gate Package is just one of the many reasons to watch, win and enjoy during the 2014 football season at the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino. Watch for all the details in next week's blog posting on Wednesday, September 27.
- Would You Fit in at the CVI? We posted some new job openings recently and again invite you to consider joining the CVI Team. You couldn't ask for a nicer property – with a great benefits program to boot!