Concert and Events Notes
- My What A Big Bass You Have!! And that big bass belongs to Lee Rocker, founder of the Stray Cats! Lee and his rockabilly band are the featured act at the Austinpalooza to benefit Austin’s House this Saturday in TJ's Corral and all ticket sales go directly to Austin's House. Buy your tickets on line in advance or at the gate and catch five bands with in-and-out convenience from 2 to 10 p.m.
- What about the High-Flying Motorcycle Acrobatics you'll see during our 30th Birthday Celebration on Sunday, August 24? The video above shows a similar event in Las Vegas and we know this will whet your appetite for the Free event in our parking lot. Also on tap a week from Sunday: Free entertainment with the Blues Monsters in TJ's Corral plus free games for the kids and more.
- The Charlie Daniels Band Concert on Friday, August 29 is totally Sold Out – Thank You for making this concert a big success so far in advance!
Hey, It's Me on the Sign! Donna was playing "my machine" (one of our Quick Hit Platinum Slots in her case) when the bells and whistles started going off. She knew she had won something and thought she had 8 "Quick Picks" which would have been about a $3,000 payout. Even thought the Jackpot light was flashing she still counted the Quick Picks three times and came up with 9 each time – just what it took to trigger the top jackpot of $13,647. Donna told us she had won a few $1,000 jackpots before on the Quick Hit Platinum and had been joking to friends about hitting the Big Jackpot. Well, she did! Per Donna, "I am extremely excited that when I was driving through the Valley it was MY name that was up on the big sign!"
But here's another point of view on earning points at the CVI: There are many benefits you can realize without actually using or redeeming your points. In other words, you get the benefits and You Keep the Points! There are dozens of examples over the last few months – here are just a few:
- Every one of our concerts (Valley Ballroom and TJ's Corral) has seats reserved for INN Club players who receive invitations based on recent points earned. No points are "charged" for these concert tickets.
- A variety of special buffets are held each year for INN Club players who received invitations based on recent points earned. No points are "charged" for these feasts.
- Themed parties (Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, etc) are held each year for INN Club players who receive invitations based on recent points earned. No points are "charged" for these feasts.
- Just about every month we have one or more days when we giveaway tee shirts,sweatshirts, mugs, hats or something - just for earning a minimum number of points that day. You get the item and You Keep the Points!
- Many of our promotions have giveaway drawings each week and you accumulate drawing entries based on points earned . . . but no points are "charged" for these giveaways.
- A monthly mailer is sent to INN Club members based on recent points earned. These mailers have a variety of offers such as food credits, overnight stays, free play and more . . . and all of these offers can be redeemed with no points "charged!"
Are we suggesting you play in the casino more? No - we always encourage our guests to enjoy gaming as entertainment within your comfort level and your means. We are suggesting that whenever you play at the CVI (table games, slots and poker room) you always use your INN Club Card. The point is – your points do add up to so much more at the Carson Valley Inn.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Nevada Wolfpack Football Coach Brian Polian brings the Quarterback Club back to the CVI
- Speaking of Football: Monday Night Football will have some new twists at the CVI this year . . . watch for more information coming in a week or two.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Veal Scaloppini with Lemon and Capers - served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $28.00!
- Our monthly Blackjack Tournament was last night and $1,300 in prize money went out to the top three finishers: Daphne Gaines (1st for $650), Jack Jordan(2nd for $390) and John Smith (3rd for $260). Mark your calendar for the next tournament on Tuesday evening, September 9.
- Here's a great story published on motorcycling around Carson Valley, the upcoming Carson-Tahoe Moto on August 21 – 24 at the CVI and eating pie at the CVI.
shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!