The World of Slots Progresses with the Times!
- Steve Forester, original and longtime General Manager of Bodines and now Corporate Director of Slot Development for Mike Pegram's properties, recently returned from the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas. Steve's descriptions of some of the "things to come" in the video slot world were incredible and, in some cases, had us wondering whether he was embellishing a little. But we are rooted in reality here at the CVI (most of the time, anyway) so let's talk about the new stuff we either just acquired or that we will see in the next month or two.
- Yesterday, the Dungeons and Dragons video games made their way to our floor in what wound up being an all-day installation process. Produced by Konami Gaming, this new slot theme is based on the fantasy role-playing game that has been played by over 20 million people in some form or another since it first appeared in 1974.
- On December 3, the first True 3D video slot called Sphinx will be available at CVI! Steve shared that this game is being rolled out slowly and that the bigger casinos in Las Vegas are getting only four of them while the smaller casinos like the CVI will only get one. But. By gosh, Steve made sure that we have one coming! The game requires no 3D glasses and symbols pop from the screen and seem inches from your eyes. Sometimes a direct quote is better than anything we can make up, so here is exactly what Steve told us: "It's freaking amazing. I believe there will be some people who won't be able to play it because it will really mess with their heads." Guess we'll find out soon!
- Steve is seeing new vendors in the creative world of video slot development and they are bringing in fresh ideas and fascinating games that would've been tagged as pure fantasy a few years ago. Not to worry . . . as always, we will continue to have many traditional games while we follow – and stay ahead of – the developing trends to make sure that those who grew up on video games are entertained on the casino floor with the "new stuff."
So that you have it handy, here are events and happenings we covered in recent blogs – click on the highlighted text for info:
- Thanksgiving Dinner Specials for Katie's and CV Steak are served in addition to the regular menu in each restaurant!
- Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to 10 People is a snap – place your order soon!
- Our Christmas Kickoff Weekend Hotel Package
- The annual KTVN Channel 2 Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive is Friday, December 12 at the RV Park entrance from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Carson Valley Airporter Shuttle to Start Nov. 17: The Carson Valley Airporter shuttle service between the Carson Valley and Reno airport is now scheduled to start on Monday, November 17 and you can make reservations now on the Carson Valley Airporter website! Just click on the "To Reno" image and, if needed, scroll down to the Leaving Carson Valley Inn section! Schedule/rate cards are available at our Hotel Desk! Joey Crandall at carsonvalleytimes.com posted this story yesterday.
Last Call for Late Night Catechism: The Late Night Catechism show this Saturday is close to a sell-out, so get your tickets as soon as possible. Need a personal invitation? Sister Nonie speaks to you in this short video! UPDATE: SOLD OUT - Thank You!!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Greg Austin appears tonight, After Dark takes the stage Thursday – Saturday nights, NFL Football has the spotlight Sunday and Monday nights and George Pickard entertains Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Ladies Night: Tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Gift Basket from World Market and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive a Pumpkin Candle Holder (great for the Thanksgiving dinner table)! To have your business featured on one of our Ladies' Nights (we do pay you for the prizes); call Stephanie at 775-783-7711.
- Jackpot Update: The Penny Progressive Jackpot was over $42,000 when we checked late yesterday afternoon and the Pro PK'em Progressive is $3,798 for this weekend's NFL games. Also, click the name to check on the Megabucks or Wheel of Fortune $.25 Jackpot or $1 Jackpot or $5 Jackpot – all available at the CVI!
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto wild rice and port and plum glaze, served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $27.00!
- Our Monthly Blackjack Tournament winners last night: The total prize pool was $1,225.00 and the first place prize of $615.00 was won by Inga Silver. Second ($370.00) and third ($240.00) went to Mike Bigelow and Paulina Garry. The next monthly tournament is Tuesday, December 9.
Thanks Again to our Veterans!
Over 600 turned out for our Free Veteran's Day Spaghetti Feed yesterday including 5 WWII Vets. Thank you again to all who have, are, and will serve to protect all that we love about our country!
Right Back at Us! Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!