|Eileen points out a Hidden Mickey|
Hidden Mickey Contest Winding Down: Just a few days left to get in on our Hidden Mickey Contest for $100 in Dining Credit for CV Steak. You're entered once for each Hidden Mickey (Mouse Ear Christmas Decoration) you find in our indoor Christmas decorations. There are 9 total, just jot down the locations and send us an email by clicking here. The deadline is noon on Tuesday, December 23 and we'll announce the winner in our December 24 Blog.
Eagles and Agriculture Registration Open:
- Registration is now open for Eagles and Agriculture, a very popular annual event geared
Angry eagle takes on much larger cow on the fly!
- Also on the same weekend is our Annual Carson Valley Inn Clay Shooting Outing which also draws a large crowd. The evening activities for these two events are on different nights, so it all fits in.
- The two groups have been visiting the CVI on the same weekend for almost 20 years and it's the same thing every year on Saturday morning: the Sporting Clays folks depart with their expensive shotguns to protect the world from flying clay targets (fake birds) . . . and the Eagles and Ag enthusiasts leave with their expensive cameras to "shoot" live birds in a totally harmless manner.
- These two events combine to make this our second busiest weekend in February. The busiest weekend? Super Bowl, of course!!
Poker Room Anniversary This Friday, But . . . As we mentioned in last week's blog, we're celebrating the 10th Anniversary of our Poker Room this Friday with cash giveaways, free cake and champagne, and a free 10th Anniversary Commemorative Poker Chip/Card Protector while they last for all who play in our poker room on Friday. Rather than feeling guilty about fudging a little, and certainly rather than getting caught on a technicality by an astute reader or player, here is our full disclosure: Today (December 17) is our actual 10th anniversary. Kurt Hildebrand, editor of The Record Courier, remembers how our 2004 opening was right after a meeting he had attended where everyone talked about how poker was the hip new thing and that it should be on the front page. Then reporter Jo Rafferty wrote the article about our grand opening and Kurt remembers placing the article on the front page along with a photo of a huge stack of chips. So, with Kurt's help, we dug out the article about our grand opening which ran on December 9, 2004. Were you here on the day we opened? Let us know in the comments section below.
What do you get Pat for Christmas? Who is Pat, you ask? He or she may be your husband or wife, aunt or uncle, best friend, coworker, anyone for whom you are considering a Christmas gift. Back to the question at hand: what the heck are you going to get Pat for Christmas? How about the versatility and flexibility of a Carson Valley Inn Gift Card! If Pat is a local, the CVI Gift Card can be used in Katie's, CV Steak or Job's Perk. If Pat visits you from out of the area, the CVI Gift Card can be used for accommodations in our hotel, motor Lodge or RV Park. And wherever Pat is from, he or she can use their gift card for a round of drinks for you and friends at any of the CVI bars . . . or even for gas at the Carson Valley Market. If Pat is heading north to Carson City or Reno, he or she can also stop by Bodines Casino and use the CVI Gift Card in Bodines Restaurant or either of Bodines bars. Sound like this might solve one or more of your gift dilemmas? You can buy Carson Valley Inn Gift Cards in person at the Hotel Front Desk or by calling them at 775-783-6670. We do make it easy by providing an envelope and nice greeting card to go with the electronic gift card; all you do is personalize it with your own note!
Holiday Dining at the Inn – A quick Summary:
- Christmas Day: Regular menus plus Christmas Day Dinner Specials in Katie's (Specials 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.) and CV Steak (serving from 4:30 p.m.).
- Christmas Dinner to Go for 8 – 12 people: Order by December 23 through the Katie's supervisor, pick up Christmas Day 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- New Year's Eve: Regular menus plus New Year's Eve Dinner Specials in Katie's (Specials from 4 p.m.) and CV Steak (serving from 4:30 p.m.).
|KTVN Crew with the Food Drive Championship Belt|
Food Drive & Blood Drive Big Success: What a day last Friday as the 22nd Annual KTVN CH 2 Share Your Christmas Food Drive Carson Valley Inn location yielded a whopping 153,986 pounds of food and $48,287 in cash for the Carson Valley Community Food Closet! We easily retained our Food Collection Championship by well exceeding the combined total food collected by the Reno and Carson City locations! Thanks to the hundreds of volunteers and the thousands of donations that made this possible! During the Food Drive, the United Blood Services Blood Drive brought in a higher-than-expected 49 units of blood which will help ensure sufficient blood supplies going into the Christmas and New Year weeks, an always challenging time to attract donors. Thanks to all who donated!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- A Toys for Tots donation box is near our Hotel Desk.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: George Pickard appears tonight, Atomika is here Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights, NFL Football has the spotlight Sunday and Monday nights and Steve Lord entertains Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Ladies Night Giveaways: Tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a Chocolate Shoppe Christmas Gift Basket and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive special white chocolate peppermint.
- Christmas Day Poker: Our Poker Room will open at 4 p.m. on Christmas Day and we will have our usual Thursday night Hold'em tournament!
- Jackpot Update:
- The Penny Progressive Jackpot was over $61,000 when we checked late yesterday afternoon.
- The Pro PK'em Progressive is $4,362 for this weekend's NFL games.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is a repeat of one of our most popular: Braised Buffalo Short Ribs - one and a half pounds of American Bison short ribs braised and slow cooked, finished with natural pan sauce and served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $29.00!
Comments?? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!