It’s Only Rock & Roll . . . but if you like it, you'll hear plenty of it on Thursday through Saturday nights, February 19-21 when It’s Only Rock & Roll takes the stage in our Cabaret Lounge with a song list of over three dozen rock 'n roll classics. We're talking the big ones like So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star (The Byrds and later Tom Petty), I Love Rock & Roll (Joan Jett), Heart Of Rock & Roll (Huey Lewis), Old Time Rock & Roll (Bob Seger), It’s Still Rock & Roll To Me (Billy Joel), Rock & Roll All Night (Kiss), Rock & Roll Never Forgets (Bob Seger), It’s Only Rock & Roll (Rolling Stones) and many more. This group presents a great tribute to the many bands and artists who shaped the roots and explosion of rock 'n roll. You can catch it all free in our Cabaret Lounge on Thursday, February 19 from 8 PM to midnight and on Friday and Saturday, February 20 and 21 from 8 PM to 1 AM.
Thank You! Last Friday was definitely a challenge for many in the Carson Valley due to the incredible windstorm and ensuing damage and power outages. We were fortunate to have about half of our electrical service working plus two generators. While not at full electrical power, we were able to operate both CV Steak and Katie's. Over 5,000 local households were without power from early afternoon until after 9 PM and so very many of you came to the Carson Valley Inn for dinner, warmth, or just to get out of the house. Our normal winter weekend staffing levels, coupled with many hundred more people than we expected, produced large crowds and long waits. Our staff (many at work while knowing they had sustained damage at their homes ) did a great job, our hotel and local guests were so very understanding, courteous and patient . . . and somehow we all got through it. To the locals, visitors, and passers by who joined us either Friday night or early Saturday morning when some were still without power, we offer our sincere thanks!
Time to Tee It Up for Our Spring Stag Golf Outing: The Carson Valley's unofficial kickoff to the group golf season, our Annual Spring Stag Invitational Golf Outing, is just over two months away on the weekend of April 23 – 25. We are excited to again be featuring the revitalized Lakes and Ranch Courses at Genoa Lakes. The new owners told us this time last year that they would make improvements, and they definitely exceeded our expectations with many positive changes at both courses during 2014 and more to come during 2015!
Our Annual Spring Stag starts with a Thursday optional Practice Round at Genoa Lakes followed by a Welcoming Reception on Thursday evening with cocktails, plenty of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, and a tee prize package for each participant. Golf is on Friday and Saturday at the two Genoa Lakes courses. The Saturday-Night Banquet includes cocktails, dinner, an abundance of raffle prizes and more. This all adds up to a great Guys Weekend of fun both on and off the course!
Ladies, tell your golfing husbands, boyfriends, fathers and sons. Guys, plan to attend and invite the office crew, men's club and your golfing friends.
Beef Wars! The CV Steak 9-ounce Filet Mignon made the cut in the Beef Wars polling by carsonvalleytimes.com. This favorite features a Certified Angus Beef filet grilled to order and served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . it's quite the filling repast all for $30.00. Sound good? Give it your thumbs up at this link when the polls for the finals open on Monday.
- Friday Started Good: Midnight Hawk won the $60,000 allowance feature at Santa Anita Park. "Hawk" is owned by the CVI's Mike Pegram, Chicago Blackhawks Coach Joel Quenneville, Blackhawks assistant coach Mike Kitchen, Oakland Raiders new Offensive Line Coach Mike Tice (more on Coach Tice in the Tidbits section below) and John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Equine Holdings.
- Saturday Tapered Off: Two local favorites, Steve Colburn's California Chrome and Mike Pegram's Hoppertunity finished 2nd and 3rd in the $500,000 San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita Park.
It's About the Money!
- Two of the three winners from our Super Bowl Sunday Pro PK'EM Progressive Parlay Card have claimed their winnings. One more person picked 13 out of 15 "prop bets" and has $1,667 in cash waiting for them. Have the ticket? Stop by the sportsbook at CVI or Bodines Casino.
- $1,675.00 in cash was won at our Monthly Blackjack Tournament last night. The top three finishers were Jack J. ($838), Juan S ($502) and Butch M. ($335). Mark your calendar for the next tournament on March 10. Just a $25 buy-in!
Status of Some Upcoming Events at the CVI:
- Valentine's Day: Last reminder - it's this Saturday, February 14. Please join us for dinner . . . CV Steak and Katie's each have Two Specials plus the regular menu.
- Ducks Unlimited Dinner this Saturday: Still a few tickets left – call Scott Shattock at 760-221-3431.
- Republican Lincoln/Reagan Dinner this Sunday: Newly elected Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt will be the keynote speaker - for tickets call Linda Ruisi at 775-392-1038.
- Clay Shooting Weekend: Last call for sign-ups for our 2015 Clay Shooting Weekend February 19 – 21. Call Jacki at 775-783-6665.
- Eagles & Agriculture: Still openings for the popular anchor event, the Ranch Tour, on both Saturday and Sunday, February 21 & 22. Get all the information by clicking here or call the Chamber at 775-782-8144.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Paul Covarelli is on stage tonight, Jo Mama with Special Guest Stew Stewart anchors the weekend Thursday – Saturday nights, Greg Austin entertains Sunday through Wednesday nights and don't miss It's Only Rock & Roll starting Thursday, February 19.
- Football Doldrums: We know that football fans are suffering personal angst dealing with the
- Megabucks Jackpot tops Ten Million: The Megabucks Jackpot is over Ten Million Dollars again . . . here's a link to check out the current amount.
- Roasted Stuffed Quail Friday in CV Steak: With prosciutto, wild rice and plum port glaze. Served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $$28.00.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: Get the 2nd in the series of four February Skin-Care products tonight and also enjoy hot seat drawings, ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Triple Play: Three notable "days"
in a cluster – with links to more information on each: Saturday is Valentine's Day, Monday is President's Day and Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras.
- Want Longer Days? Here's a thought . . . Daylight Savings Time starts in just a few weeks!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!