About the Two Harley Winners Last Friday
Cool Stuff at Sharkey’s: We like to include a few tidbits about our sister property Sharkey's Casino when we can - here are a few you might find helpful:
- New daily Breakfast Special: two eggs, two sausage links, and two pancakes all for just $4.99 – quite a plateful for under five bucks!
- Point Multipliers in October: Sharkey's club players enjoy 5X points every Friday and Saturday and 3X Points every Sunday. Camp out for the weekend and watch your point total climb rapidly!
- “The Volcano" and "The Hangover" Burgers are two favorites in The Jackpot Café and that popularity shows as both were trending well in the 2015 Burger Wars poling being conducted by carsonvalleytimes.com. If you agree with their awesomeness, please vote so that one of them can join CV Steak’s top-three finisher the “French Disaster” in this year’s finals.
- The Main Street Gardnerville Inaugural "Slaughterhouse Lane Coffin Races" are happening right across Highway 395 from Sharkey's this Saturday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm with over a dozen different entries (so far). We know you're going to want to stop by Sharkey's either for breakfast before the coffin races or for a drink at the Silver Dollar Bar after the races. Coffin races? All the information can be found at this link.
Happening This Month in Our Valley Ballroom:
- Reading, Writing & Rhythm is a dinner with entertainment to help support Grace Christian Academy this Saturday, October 9. For tickets contact Nanette at 775-901-2054.
- The 15th Annual Touch of Class Craft Show is October 15 – 17 with all items made by local crafters. Contact Sue at 775-265-1097.
- The 12th Annual Bunko for Breast Cancer is Saturday, October 24 and 100% of all funds raised are donated to the Carson-Tahoe Cancer Resource Center. Contact Pamela at 775-215-1001.
- Nevada Wolf Pack Coach Brian Polian will be in our Valley Ballroom for a Blitz Buffet Lunch on Monday, October 26th and all area Wolfpack fans are invited to attend! Watch for more information next week.
Main Street Minden Fall Fling: The newly-formed and off-and-running Main Street Minden program is holding its first big event on Saturday, October 17 from 3 to 9 pm on Esmeralda Street, just two blocks from the CVI. Food and drink will be available for purchase, a variety of activities will be on hand for the kids and live entertainment and dancing will be provided by The Connor Party and All Hat, No Cattle. The Carson Valley Inn is on board as a sponsor as are many other merchants and businesses. To find out more, check out the Main Street Minden Facebook Page or call Sheila at (775) 309-1101.
Ladies Poker Tournament Winner and Ladder Drawings:
- Congratulations to Janice who won our Ladies-only Texas Hold 'em Bounty Tournament last Sunday. If you missed out, the next of these monthly events is on Sunday, November 1.
- The first drawings in our Ladder Promotion are this Friday night with $150 going out at 6 PM, $150 at 7 PM and $500 at 8 PM. You must be present to win and we’ll draw each hour until we have a winner. Still not sure if you are one of the top 50 who qualified for these drawings after August and September play? Call the poker room today at 775-783-7763.
- Check out all the Poker Room tournaments, promotions and special games at this link.
Blackjack Tournament This Tuesday: Our monthly Blackjack Tournament is this Tuesday and this is one of those "great value for the money" events. The buy-in is just $25 which gets you a whole stack of tournament chips. We put all the entry fees and any re-buys into the prize fund which can grow to a pretty good number based on participation how many choose to buy back in after going bust. Signups are from 5 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday in the pit area and play starts at 6:00 p.m. The tournament is open to all INN Club members. Joining the INN Club is easy and free and can be done at Guest Services in the casino or on line at thislink.
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet Horseracing, Major League Baseball games, NFL and College Football, and Saturday’s NASCAR Bank of America 500 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot is up to $3,176 on this week’s progressive parlay card.
- Games our sports book crew are watching this weekend:
- College: the Northwestern vs. Michigan game (ask Mike in the sports book – he’ll tell you why!) and the 5-0 Cal Bears vs. the 4-0 Utah Utes.
- NFL: the always heated NFL rivalry of Denver vs. Oakland and a pivotal game for both teams as the undefeated Bengals battle the we-thought-they’d-be-undefeated Seahawks.
- Still time to place a wager on who’ll win the World Series. As of late yesterday we had the Toronto Blue Jays as the favorites at 3 to 1 followed by the Kansas City Royals at 4 to 1.
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Steve Lord performs tonight the The Nighthawks entertain Thursday thru Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and Josh Budro appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Nighthawks are a local (Gardnerville-Wellington) country and rock band specializing in popular dance tunes from the 60's and 70's. The group performs a wide variety of styles covering artists from Alan Jackson to ZZ Top, including great classic country tunes and expert performances of classic rock songs. Vocalist, song writer and guitarist Josh Budro started singing and writing songs about life experiences when he was in high school. While maintaining a love for the old country music he grew up on (Waylon, Willie, Hank, Merle) Josh is also performs country rock.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike's Horses: Uneventful weekend with one out-of-the-money and one scratch at Santa Anita.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive a pink & brown stainless steel water bottle and coupon for tonight's ladies-only drink special. There are also ladies-only raffles and hot seat drawings for Wine & Country Gift Baskets. Also just for October: Earn just 50 points during Ladies Night and receive a free ladies shirt plus you keep the points! Tonight’s free shirt is a dark pink polo.
- Lamb Shank Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Braised Lamb Shank braised and slow cooked with herbs, Cabernet and mustards and served with barley risotto for $28.00. Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Monday is Columbus Day sometimes referred to as "Discoverer's Day." Christopher While Columbus was an Italian, he could not find funding in Italy, so he turned to the King of Spain. King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella provided the funding. Click for more interesting facts about Columbus Day.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!