Last Minute Thanksgiving Dinner Planning:Just a week to go until Thanksgiving so, if you’re still up in the air regarding your dinner plans, here are the possibilities we can offer:
- The deadline is noon Tuesday, November 24 to place your order for our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner To Go for up to 10 people. We cook, you serve and eat!
- We are offering Thanksgiving Day Dinner Specials in Katie’s and CV Steak and here’s the straight scoop:
- Katie’s: stop in whenever you’re ready and we’ll get you seated as quickly as possible.
- CV Steak: most popular times are already booked but we do have a few openings. Reservations are a must at 775-783-6650.
- Just need a pumpkin pie? Swing by next Wednesday, November 25, earn 50 points using your player card, and take home a free pumpkin pie . . . plus the 50 points stay on your account for other use!
Food Drive – Want to Help? We’ve had an unusual number of calls from people wanting to volunteer at the KTVN 22nd Annual Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive on Friday, December 11 from 6 AM to 6 PM. If you’re interested, and volunteers are always welcome, please contact Kate at the Carson Valley Community Food Closet at 782-3711. She is doing the coordinating and would welcome your smiling face and eagerness to help as they plan the logistics for receiving, weighing, sorting and stacking food, loading the truck at the food drive site and unloading at the warehouse! The Gardnerville Raley’s has kicked their Food Drive "push" into gear – those $10 bags at checkout add up to a walloping total every year.
Call me a Cab (Uber or Lyft will not do): We recently added three new Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon choices to the wine list in CV Steak: Hess Allomi, Conn Creek and Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis. This got us thinking (sometimes not always productive) that we haven't mentioned the wines in CV Steak for quite a while - or perhaps ever - in this blog. A check of our wine list shows a generous selection of popular varietals and we are always willing (actually eager) to help with suggestions that match wine(s) to the entrees, appetizers and even desserts you order . . . just ask your server!!
Thanksgiving Weekend Craft Fair: The 16th Annual Kandy Kane Holiday Craft Fair is in our Valley Ballroom Friday and Saturday, November 27 & 28 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, November 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lots of holiday decorations, gifts and much more. Admission is free and you can Click Here for more on the variety of items you can expect. Questions? Please call Kandy at 775-721-7154.
|Decades - In Our Cabaret this Weekend|
|Mike Tice Attempting to Sing Harmony |
with Decades Last Summer in TJ's Corral
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! Jonathon “JB” Barton performs tonight; Decades entertains Thursday thru and Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and “JB” returns again next Tuesday and Wednesday. Decades was last at the CVI in June when they performed in TJ’s Corral for the Mike Tice Charity Golf Tournament fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. The electrifying group presents a vibrant and diverse act from Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode to Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars Uptown Funk. Decades’ 4-part harmonies and energized rhythm section truly shine when playing hits from the 1950's to today. The group includes Samantha Francis (keyboard, harmonica, guitar, flute and vocals), Ben Ruttenberg (keyboards, guitar, vocals), Billy DiBono (drums, vocals), Will Watje (guitar, sax, vocals), and Tobias Brooks (bass, guitar, vocals).
Race and Sports Book:
- Mike’s Horses: Toews On Ice won the Bob Hope Stakes for two-year-olds at Del Mar last Saturday. Then two out-of-the-money finishes last Sunday. More of Mike's horses are scheduled to run this weekend at Del Mar.
- Congratulations to the Nevada Men’s Basketball Team for their 2-1 start to the 2015/16 Season. Next game is against the Pacific Tigers in Stockton this Saturday with a 7 p.m. tip.
- This week you can watch and bet NFL and College Football, NBA and College Basketball, NHL Hockey. Also in the mix: NASCAR crowns its 2015 Champion this Sunday at the Ford Ecoboost 400 at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot is at $4,044 on this week’s progressive parlay card.
- Games our sports book crew is following with interest this weekend include Michigan State vs. Ohio State (favored by 13 ½ - really?) and Oklahoma State vs. Baylor (pick-em) games on Saturday and the Bengals vs. Cardinals game on Sunday night.
- Where’s It Going for Carolina and New England? Since the first Super Bowl almost 50 years ago, 19 teams have started a season 9-0. All of them made the playoffs, 11 advanced to the Super Bowl and seven of those 9-0 start teams won the Super Bowl.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Tonight is Ladies’ Nights and the first 150 ladies to sign up receive a Free Small Stuffed Animal – a Turkey and ladies-only drink specials. There are also Hot Seat Gifts from The Blue Cow.
- Chef’s Choice Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Chef’ Choice . . . guess the chef saw that the oddsmakers could call “Pick Em” when they couldn’t decide on a favorite in a football game so he could call “Chef’s Choice” when he wasn’t quite sure on Tuesday what he’d be featuring Friday! Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- We All Got Our Start Somewhere, Sometime: 32 Years Ago This Weekend, groundbreaking ceremonies were held and construction began on the original Carson Valley Inn!
- But Where Did Matt Start? That's Matt Carter, our Director of Hotel Operations who serves on the Board of the Nevada Hotel & Lodging Association and they just happened to publish this profile of Matt yesterday! A word to the wise - don't ask him to tell you the snakebite story unless you have time . . . lots of time!
- Because we feel like mentioning it:
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!