Thanksgiving Is Two Weeks Away – Are Your Dinner Plans Set? If so, you probably should skip to the next article. If not, let’s cut quickly to the chase and give you two options:
- If you and your family would like to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal at home, our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner To Go for up to 10 people will eliminate a lot of the preparation, fill your house with soothing holiday aromas, and leave you all pretty darn full . . . with leftovers for next day – all for just $89.
- If you want to skip all the fuss at home, we also have Thanksgiving Day Dinner Specials in Katie’s and CV Steak – plus our regular menus on Thanksgiving Day. For Katie’s, stop in whenever you’re ready and we’ll get you seated as quickly as possible. For CV Steak, reservations are a must at 775-783-6650. CV Steak is a very popular spot on Thanksgiving and, while we open at 2 p.m., many times are full, especially for larger (over 4) parties.
Thanksgiving Weekend Craft Fair: We’ve been getting a lot of questions and the answer is YES, the 16th Annual Kandy Kane Holiday Craft Fair is happening in our Valley Ballroom on Friday thru Sunday, November 27 – 29. We’ll have the hours and more information in our blog next Wednesday.
- Free Lunch Today: Our 5th Annual Free Spaghetti
Lunch for all Veterans and Active Military is today 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in our
Valley Ballroom. Simply present your
military ID for entrance, and lunch for you and one guest is on the Carson
Valley Inn! Don't have your ID? Briefly tell us about your service to our
country and we'll welcome you anyway! How much do you know about Veterans Day? Click here for all the
information on how and when it started . . . . and the significance of 11 a.m. on the 11th day of the 11th month.
Over 500 Attended our 2014 Free Veteran's Day Spaghetti Feed
- Chamber 70th: The Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce 70th Gala Celebration in the
- Get to Work! And we mean here at the CVI or at Sharkey’s Casino, We like working here - you will, too! Our openings list was updated this morning, check it out!
- Food Drive: The annual KTVN 22nd Annual Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive is way too important for our Community Food Closet to have anyone forget. So, expect a reminder with a twist here each week until it happens on Friday, December 11th from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m!
Race and Sports Book:
- The NCAA college basketball season kicks off this Friday and we’re looking forward to Nevada showing new energy, faster pace of play, and a winning record under new coach Eric Mussleman. Nevada plays this Friday, Sunday and Tuesday in the Outrigger Resorts Rainbow Classic in Hawaii. Let’s root them on this weekend and all thru their 2015-16 Schedule.
- This week you can watch and bet NFL and College Football, Horseracing, NBA and College Basketball, NHL Hockey and Sunday’s NASCAR Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- The PRO PK’EM jackpot is up to $3,943 on this week’s progressive parlay card.
- The big college football game our sports book crew is following with interest this weekend is the Oklahoma (8-1) at Baylor (8-0) game on Saturday due to its potential implications on who makes it to the top-four for the College Football Playoff National Championship.
- On the NFL front, so much for the Patriots-Broncos game on November 29 being a clash of the undefeateds! But, we now have a unique possibility: If the Patriots, Bengals and Panthers (all now 8-0) all win the rest of their games, all three would go into the playoffs undefeated. Care to calculate those odds and share them with us? Here’s one constantly changing take on the subject.
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! George Pickard performs tonight; Melissa Dru entertains Thursday thru and Saturday nights, NFL Football is on Sunday and Monday Nights and Jonathon “JB” Barton returns next Tuesday and Wednesday. Melissa Dru's original song “The Islands” received an honorable mention after placing in the top 100 of the Billboard Song writing contest out of thousands of song entries. She has performed on the Nevada cabaret circuit for the last ten years with her band, The Melissa Dru band. Melissa will delight you with her song delivery . . . and bring you to laughter with her original and fun sense of humor. Musician, singer, songwriter and entertainer, she is a genuinely gifted artist.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Tonight is Ladies’ Nights and the first 150 ladies to sign up receive a Free Fan (the kind that fold like an accordion) and ladies-only drink specials. There are also Hot Seat Gifts from Heart Strings of Gardnerville.
- Boar Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Special this week is Wild Boar with bourbon jus and spiced grapes for $28.00. Saturday night its Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All these specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because we feel like mentioning it:
- Thursday is Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day. Seriously? Who thinks
Bodines Pizza Oven
Churns 'Em Out Hot and Fresh!
- Saturday is Pickle Day. No, we really don’t have anything in any of our properties that relates to celebrating Pickle Day. However, we did think some of the information at the link was quite fascinating.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!