Lacy Bringing Three More Artists
Join us in the Valley Ballroom on Friday, April 8 when Lacy J. Dalton, one of the most distinctive female country singers of the '80s, invites everyone to help support Nevada's wild horses at a special charity event sponsored by her Let'em Run Foundation. Dale Poune, comedian Huck Finn and the singing group All Hat and No Cattle will be joining Lacy for a full evening of entertainment. Soak it all in for $20 . . . get your tickets at the CVI hotel desk or call 775-783-6606. And be sure to check this page on our website for the 2016 concert lineup so far in TJ’s Corral.
College Basketball News and Links
- The American Gaming Association is estimating Americans will wager $9.2 billion on March Madness this year and complete more than 70 million brackets which will likely surpass the number of ballots voters cast for any single presidential candidate in the November election. Read the entire article here.
- While most people in the country – and certainly most who come to our sports book – are focused on the NCAA Tournament and the associated bracketology, there are many local fans supporting the Nevada Wolfpack as they start play tonight in the College Basketball Invitational. We’re taking action on all these games plus the games in the NIT, the collegeinsider.com tournament and the Vegas 16 tournament.
- Until the start of the first game Thursday, you can also place bets on who will win the NCAA Tournament. Odds range from 5 to 1 all the way to 75 to 1.
- We’ll have a parlay card out today for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. As usual, pick between 3 and 10 games. Trivia: We will have to exclude 4 of the “Round of 64” games on this card. Do you know which games and why?
- Also on the board (you may have to ask at the Sports Book as the “Board” has been overrun by basketball) are Major League Baseball Exhibition Games, Horseracing, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, Sunday’s Auto Club 400 NASCAR Race in Fontana, CA, select MMA/UFC Fights this weekend and the Masters coming up on April 7 – 10.
- Cash and Freeplay giveaway drawings at noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m. with five winners each time.
- 16-ounce domestic drafts for $2 in the Cabaret .
- Extended live entertainment starting at 2 p.m. with The Blues Monsters and continuing with Melissa Dru and her band from 7 to midnight.
- $6.99 Corned Beef and Cabbage in Katie’s from 11 a.m.to 10 p.m.
Easter Dining at the Inn: Katie's and CV Steak are serving their regular menu plus specials on Easter Sunday. CV Steak Easter Specials from 4:30 p.m. are a 12 oz. Grilled Veal Chop marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wine, apple cider and herbs, fire grilled and finished with a wild mushroom cream sauce for $34. The Grilled Salmon “Oscar Style” includes grilled fillet of Atlantic salmon topped with crab, asparagus, béarnaise sauce and port wine glaze for $32. For CV Steak reservations, call 775-783-6650 (The Sunset Menu is not available on Easter Sunday). Katie's is serving two Easter specials from 2 to 9 p.m.: Orange Glazed Baked Ham with sweet mashed potatoes for $12.99 and Roast Leg of Lamb with minted pan gravy and mashed potatoes for $14.99. Click for more on the Easter Specials. Just as we were finishing this section, our Pastry Chef advised us that she and her crew will have Easter Bunny Cakes for sale at the Katie's Bakery Counter starting Saturday . . we'll snap a picture for next week's blog.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: George Pickard is here tonight, Melissa Dru entertains Thursday through Saturday nights and Jonny Smokes takes the stage Sunday through Tuesday. Melissa Dru and her band cover a wide mix including classic rock, R&B and a bit of country; everything from Pink Floyd to Patsy Cline. Jonny Smokes enthusiastically delivers a high-tech, one-man exhibition that draws attention, amazement and positive raves every time he appears in our Cabaret Lounge. The Blues Monsters are also performing Thursday afternoon starting at 2 p.m. for St. Patrick's Day.
Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Cash Party Saturday: There’s a guarantee of $5,000+ in cash giveaways this Saturday from 1 to 8 p.m. in the second Cash Party of our $80,000 All-Cash Love & Luck Giveaway Promotion. We’ll have drawings every 20 minutes, snacks served randomly throughout the day, hot seats, gifts, and a guaranteed $5,000+ in cash giveaways.
- Our Three Card Poker table is now open by noon on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. No need to wait until swing shift on the weekends to play this relatively new (invented in the 1990s) game originally known as Casino Brag.
- Jennifer Aniston Luxury Fragrance items. Chocolate Shoppe Gifts.
- Quail Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plumb port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Monday’s CVI Polo Shirt is maroon and you can have one just for
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It
- Friday is Awkward Moments Day. Like the awkward moment we had last week when our Blog briefly and prematurely alluded to another 2016 Concert in TJ’s Corral. We will have that all cleared up by next week.
- Saturday is Poultry Day. We suggest you make it a two-day event by starting with our Saturday $5.99 Eggs Benedict Special in Katie’s and then come back for our $5.99 Chandler Chicken Dinner on Sunday!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!