Eli Young Band Coming to TJ’s Corral
Their hit "Crazy Girl" won the Academy of Country Music Award for Song of the Year in 2012. They've been nominated for over 20 music awards including a 2016 ACM nomination for Vocal Group of the Year (catch the 51st ACM Awards® on CBS Sunday, April 3). They are the Eli Young Band and they will appear live in TJ's Corral on Sunday, August 14. The full concert line up as we have it so far is on this page on our website which will be updated regularly as tickets go on sale and more concerts are announced.
Granger Smith Concert Tickets On Sale Monday: Granger Smith released his album Remington two weeks ago and it has been in the top-ten onthe Billboard Top Country Albums char since. Last night Granger appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live. We can’t pass all this up so tickets for the Granger Smith Concert in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, May 28 are going on sale via our website this coming Monday, March 28 at 8 a.m. – $23 for the party pit and $29 for reserved seating.
But First, Win ‘Em Before You Can Buy ‘Em! We’re giving away two free sets of two party pit tickets for Granger’s Concert and you can enter two ways: tell us you want to win in the comment section below – that gets your name in the hat once. Then, go to the TJ’s Corral Facebook Page and either “Like” the page if you already don’t, or share our blog posting from TJ’s Corral Facebook Page with your friends on Facebook. That enters you a second time. Deadline is Sunday, March 27 at 4 p.m. and we’ll post the winners on this page. Must be 21 to enter and win tickets and it’s up to you to get a hold of us if we can’t contact you (we’ll try!).
Before We Go Outside For Concerts . . . It’s just over two weeks until the Lacy J. Dalton Concert in the Valley Ballroom on Friday, April 8. Dale Poune, comedian Huck Finn and the singing group All Hat and No Cattle will be joining Lacy to help support Nevada's wild horses at this special event sponsored by her Let'em Run Foundation. Tickets ($20) are available at the CVI hotel desk or call 775-783-6606. All proceeds from ticket sales go to the Let 'em Run Foundation.
Go Pack!!! We’re rooting for the Nevada Wolfpack as they compete in the semifinals of the College Basketball Invitational tournament tonight at Lawlor Event Center in Reno. Coach Mussleman has done an excellent job developing his team and recruiting for next year. Whatever the outcome tonight, we know they are going to be a powerful force in the Mountain West Conference next year.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: The Rye Brothers are here tonight through Saturday and John Palmore performs Sunday through Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs Paul Justin & Justin Foutz, who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks, formed The Rye Brothers in the of Summer of 2015 and quickly added a solid rhythm section consisting of Jacob Delott (bass, backing vocals) and Jeff Sorenson (drums, backing vocals) to round out this Southern California based “power-pop” quartet.
Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet College Basketball tournament games, Major League Baseball Exhibition Games, Horseracing, NBA Basketball, NHL the Masters. NASCAR takes this weekend off for Easter.
- Jennifer Aniston Luxury Fragrance items. Wine Country Easter Gift Baskets.
- Buffalo Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Buffalo Short Ribs for $29. Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Monday’s CVI Polo Shirt is Red and you can have one just for
Because We Feel Like Mentioning It
- Friday is Waffle Day. You can go the "traditional" route in the morning and order waffles in Katie’s at the CVI or at Bodines Restaurant. Or, wait until later in the day and dig into the Waffle Fried Chicken in Sharkey’s Jackpot Café: Maple syrup marinated chicken breast fried in waffle flour finished with a peppered maple syrup and served with vegetable and sweet potato waffle fries! Come on, admit it . . . you’re thinking about it!
- Saturday is Spinach Day. We have options starting with the healthy approach of the Spinach Salad in Katie’s. You can also add fresh spinach to any Katie’s Omelet (along with your other favorite toppings). CV Steak has a Warm Artichoke and Spinach Dip served with toasted baguette. Cutting to the chase, you could also go to Bodines, order a Fresh Made Pizza, and include spinach as one of your toppings. Anybody looks at you, just stare ‘em down and say, “It’s got spinach on it, it has to be good for you!”
- Sunday is Quirky Country Music Songs Day. We checked out a few of the lists online and didn’t feel comfortable directing you to any one of them in particular . . . so, click here to Google the subject and take it from there! Also, here’s a quirky title in need of a song to be written around it: Guns and Grass and Taxes and Gas. We didn’t make this up - it was the title of the presentation given at the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce meeting last week regarding four resolutions which will be on our local ballot this November.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!