Rumor Has It . . . we’re talking the Clay Walker #1 Hit which preceded both the movie and Adele song by the same name. And it’s no rumor – Clay Walker has been added to the TJ’s Corral Concert lineup – bringing us to seven concerts so far! Clay is a multi-platinum recording artist with eleven #1 Hits and 32 billboard singles. You can hear all your favorites when he takes the TJ’s Corral stage on Friday, July 15.
|The Legendary Motown |
Sounds of the Temptations
Temptations Tickets On Sale: Tickets are available on our website for The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards concert on Saturday, July 30. Dennis Edwards was the first new Temptation to enter the group after their “classic five” heyday when he replaced David Ruffin as the lead singer in July of 1968. He is a true legend in the recording industry and The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards continues to deliver the authentic Motown sound to audiences around the world in live performances.
- The full 2016 Concert Lineup as we have it set so far is on our website. Here are links to the three closest-to-today concerts with tickets available now: Granger Smith on Saturday, May 28; Frankie Ballard on Thursday, June 2; the Oak Ridge Boys on Saturday, June 25 and the Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards on Saturday, July 30. You can buy tickets on our website or at the hotel desk.
- Two of our 2016 Concert Artists still have albums in the Billboard 25 Top Country Albums Chart: Granger Smith Remington and Randy Houser’s Fired Up.
$7,000 Guaranteed – Every Saturday – Plus More! We mentioned the May promotions last week and here’s more: we have drawings on Friday nights at 8 and 10 p.m. when you can win up to $500 on the spot! There are 70 Hot Seat Drawings every Saturday between 2 and 8 p.m. with 70 guaranteed winners of $100 – $50 Cash to put in your pocket and $50 in Free Play to multiply perhaps! That’s $7,000 every Saturday and you’re eligible just by playing in the casino using your INN Club card – and you can win more than once each week! It’s all part of our $100,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Promotion running through June 30 as are the Grand Prize Drawings on May 29 and June 30. We also have 4X Points in the casino on Fridays from 4 p.m. to midnight, Ladies’ Nights on Wednesdays and more.
Boston Crème Pie for Mother’s Day Week: our regular readers and customers already know that we fresh-bake most of our desserts, cookies, brownies, breads and other goodies every day in the CVI bakery. If you have attended a morning event in our convention center, you might’ve even been tempted by the bakery smells wafting down the hall. Many of these goodies are sold at the bakery display counter adjacent to the Katie’s register. Joining the list of our regularly available items through this Sunday is a limited supply of freshly baked Boston Cream Pies. These three-layer beauties are just $12 and remember, the supply is limited! And if you are in the pondering mode, why do "they" call them "Boston Creme Pie" when this item is actually a cake?
Buffalo Gold Lands at CVI: We say it that way because it almost looks like a glowing space ship has landed in our casino next to the new Roulette games we mentioned a couple of weeks ago. The new Buffalo Gold carrousel has the popular Aristocrat games with a new Gold bonus feature that activates with a 20-credit ante bet. We know this sounds like gobbledygook hype, so just stop by and give it a try . . . . Right next to the table games area . . . you can’t miss it! This is just another example of our progressive approach to updating our slot offerings . . . a great segue into an upcoming story (next couple of weeks) on all the progressive jackpots available at the CVI . . . probably quite a few more than you'd think!
|Monique in the Cabaret Lounge This Weekend|
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Mike’s Horses: Toews On Ice won the William Walker Stakes at Churchill
Downs last Saturday. Read the story here. How are you trying to pronounce the first word in this horse’s
Toews On Ice Gallops to Victory Again
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Kentucky Derby Weekend Horseracing, the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs and Saturday's NASCAR GOBOWLING 400 at Kansas Speedway.
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Our monthly Blackjack Tournament takes place in the pit area on the second Tuesday of each month – all of the $25 entry fees and any rebuys ($1,275 last month) go to the prize pool that is distributed among the top-three finishers. Pretty simple event and any of the dealers can fill you in on how it all works.
- Elk Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Elk Game Tips sautéed with mushrooms and Cabernet Demi, served over peppered Pappardelle pasta for $26.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread
Because We Feel Like Mentioning It:
- May is Hamburger Month. It would take you ‘til National Hamburger Day on May 28, at one per day, to try all the hamburgers available on the menus in Katie’s and CV Steak (the Gourmet Burger!) at the CVI, Bodines Restaurant, the Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s and the various Bar Bites menus.
- Today is Firefighters Day. We tip our hat and express our sincere appreciation to all the staff and volunteers at the East Fork Fire Prevention District. Thanks for all you do for the safety of our community!
- Friday is Beverage Day. At first there was just water and milk. Now, just think of how many different kinds and flavors of beverages (and beers!) exist!
- Friday is also National Tourist Appreciation Day. With 149 Hotel rooms, 74 Motor Lodge room and 59 RV sites to fill, we are truly appreciative of the business we receive from tourists, business travelers, and those visiting our area overnight for any reason. Thank You!!
- Monday is Lost Sock Memorial Day (remember, we don’t make this stuff up!) We wonder why "they" just don't celebrate this on June 1 which is Go Barefoot Day. (Makes sense, doesn't it?)
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!