The Oak Ridge Boys This Saturday
|A Selfie with the Oak Ridge Boys |
During Their 2014 Appearane at TJ's Corral
The Oak Ridge Boys return to TJ’s Corral this Saturday night and we couldn’t be more excited! Their May, 2014 show in TJ’s Corral was an exciting and electrifying performance . . . These guys really know how to create a party vibe and we hope you are planning to be part their return! Their string of hits includes the Country-Pop chart-topper Elvira, as well as Bobbie Sue, Dream On, Thank God For Kids, American Made, I Guess It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes, Fancy Free, Gonna Take A Lot Of River and many others. The “Boys” have scored 12 gold, three platinum, and one double platinum album—plus one double platinum single—and had more than a dozen national Number One singles
and over 30 Top Ten hits. There are still tickets available but we
strongly suggest you get them in advance as every indication is that this will
be a sold-out show. Buy tickets online or stop at our hotel desk and
our staff will be glad to help. Additional 2016 Concerts coming up in TJ’s Corral
include the Air National Guard Band of the West, Clay Walker, The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
|The "Boys"" Light Up the TJ's Corral Stage in 2014|
|The Eli Yound Band Discussing Their |
Upcoming Appearance in TJ's Corral
Eli Young Band Concert Tickets Thursday
Tickets go on sale this Thursday morning at 8 AM for the The Eli Young Band ConcertSaltwater Gospel starting to break into the Country charts, three No. 1 hits under their belt, and a Grammy nomination and an Academy of Country Music Award for Song of the Year for their hit “Crazy Girl,” the Eli Young Band promises to provide an upbeat mid-August treat right here in Minden. Buy tickets online, stop by our hotel desk or call 775-783-6606.
|Check the New Summer Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts in CV Steak|
New in CV Steak: New items, seasonal changes and the return of some favorites are all now available in CV Steak. Two appetizers have been added for the summer. The Heirloom Tomatoes are served with blue cheese crumbles and a balsamic reduction over a bed of mixed greens. Our Gazpacho is a cold tomato based soup with cucumbers, bell peppers and onion. New on the entrée list are an Asian Style Salad (mixed greens with a sesame soy dressing topped with ahi and yellow tail tuna, wakame salad, fresh berries and fried won tons), Lobster Risotto (rich lobster risotto with jumbo shrimp and Alaskan king crab legs), Fresh Pan Seared Halibut and Veal Porterhouse (a 12 oz. veal porterhouse paired with apple brandy mushroom cream sauce. Two new tempting summer desserts are Fresh Mixed Berries and Cream and Strawberry Semifreddo – a semi-frozen strawberry mousse with fresh strawberries and chocolate drizzle. CV Steak is open from 4:30 nightly and we hope you’ll come in try out these new items!
Blood Drive July 1: As we mentioned last week, the annual CVI Driving for Donors All American Hero Blood Drive is Friday, July 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This is right before the Independence Day holiday weekend which seems to always bring an increased need for blood due to a spike in accidents. Please try to donate if you are able. United Blood Services makes it easy to schedule your appointment on line . . . or call them at 1-800-696-4484.
Band of the West Free Concert July 3: The details are all set for The 562nd Air National Guard Band of the West Coast Free Concert on Sunday evening, July 3 in TJ’s Corral. The Patriots in Blue Jazz Ensemble will perform first followed by a patriotic tribute by the entire Air National Guard Band of the West Coast Concert Band. Don't be looking for ticket information on this one - just show up . . . it's Free!
Six Figures for the Boys & Girls Club! Our sincere thanks to all of the sponsors, participants and volunteers connected with last weekend’s 6th Annual Mike Tice Charity Golf Tournament. Your generosity coupled with a lot of friendly arm twisting by Coach Tice and a gracious matching donation from Mike Pegram resulted in over $140,000 being raised for the Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada – Carson Valley Branch. The exact figure is still being tallied and half of the money raised this year will go toward what will eventually become a permanent Boys & Girls Club facility for the Carson Valley!
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: Jonathon “JB” Barton entertains tonight, The Blues Monsters take the stage Thursday through Saturday, and Bill Wharton returns Sunday through next Wednesday! The Blues Monsters are a red-hot rockin' blues band performing a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. Whether paying respect to the masters of traditional blues, or rockin' out other tunes, The Blues Monsters get the whole house up and dancing! Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- To Make a Hotel Reservation: You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
- Dining at the Inn:
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
In the Casino:
- June Promotions: Spell CA$H kiosk game on Mondays; 3X Points Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday Giveaway Drawings at 8 and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $500; Saturday Hot Seat Giveaways from Noon to 5 p.m. with 50 guaranteed winners of $100 each and Saturday Spin to Win Drawings at 6, 8, and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $5,000.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, WNBA, Soccer, NCAA World Series and Sunday’s Save Mart 350 NASCAR Race at Sonoma. Also a good time to place your bet on which team will win the 2017 Super Bowl or NCAA Football Championship.
Been Here a Week Ago: The total
prize money in our June Blackjack Tournament was $1225.00 which was divided between Tim Boyles ($615 for first), Gary Griffith ($370 for second) and Mary
Woods ($240 for third. Just a $25 entry fee gets you in and our next tournament
is Tuesday, July 12.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!