Party or Bid or Both – All for the Boys and Girls Club:
- Activities start tomorrow for the 6th Annual Mike Tice Charity Golf Tournament for the Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada with online bidding for the silent auction items. Among the items up for grabs are many autographed jerseys and balls and/or pucks from the NFL, NBA and NHL; VIP tickets and three nights’ accommodations for the 52nd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards; Box Seats for 6 people to the 2017 Kentucky Derby & Kentucky Oaks; two tickets to the Seahawks- 49ers game on September 25 in Seattle and much more. Previously limited to those who attended the evening functions, the auction will be live on this page starting Thursday for anyone who wants to bid. Be sure to check out the items and jump in quickly because most auction items close this Friday night. All auction proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club Carson Valley Branch!
- The Decades Concert and Dance Party is this Saturday, June 18 in TJ’s Corral and it's open to anyone who would like to trade a minimum $20 donation (we’ll take more!) to the Boys & Girls Club for a jammin’ rock n’ roll party. You can purchase tickets at the CVI Hotel Desk or simply show up on Saturday night and pay at the door. This is an informal opportunity to meet Coach Tice and some of the other Raider’s coaches who are accompanying him for the weekend’s activities . . . like Hall of Fame defensive back Rod Woodson and others!
Oak Ridge Boys Bringing Blake Shelton? Actually, there’s no truth to the rumor the Oak Ridge Boys are bringing Blake Shelton with them when they appear in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, June 25. However, Blake and the Oaks did team up a week ago on the CMT awards show and the above video is just full of fun . . . and you’ll see this same energetic enthusiasm during The Oak Ridge Boys a week from Saturday. For an advance look at their concert, check this article posted by tahoeonstage.com. We peeked at the ticket sales website just before posting this blog and the Oaks are definitely trending toward a sellout. Please don’t miss out - jump online or stop at our hotel desk and grab your tickets today! Additional 2016 Concerts coming up in TJ’s Corral include Clay Walker, The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
|The Great Race - Half a Block from Sharkey's Sunday|
|Take A Ride - This Weekend!|
- Wine Walk: It’s a Pirate Theme for this week’s Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk in Gardnerville with Sharkey’s Casino in the heart of the action. The swashbuckling runs from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Motown Sound: Nathan Owens Motown and Soul Review will fill Minden Park (two blocks from the CVI) this Friday starting at 6:30 p.m. in the continuation of the Douglas County Parks & Recreation Department 2016 GE Summer Family Concert Series co-sponsored by the Town of Minden & Carson Valley Inn. It’s Free baby, Free!
- Vintage Aircraft: Those authentic WW II aircraft preserved and displayed by the Collings Foundation will be at Minden-Tahoe Airport this Thursday afternoon through Sunday afternoon with plenty of opportunities to tour the aircraft (inside and out) and even take a ride! Included are a P-1 Mustang, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-24 Liberator and a B-25 Mitchell. Meanwhile click here for hours, tour times and ride arrangements!
- Vintage Cars: If surface transportation is more your style, then you’ll definitely want to check the vehicles – many older then World War II vintage – coming through the Carson Valley as part of The Great Race this Sunday. The activities of The Great Race Lunch Stop & Heritage Park Classic Car Show are all happening just across Highway 395 from Sharkey’s Casino.
Sports Challenge Result: Interestingly enough, none of the people who entered our Sports Challenge in last week’s blog got it 100% correct. Turns out if one less stroke was taken by either of the two low finishers in the St. Jude Classic on Sunday, or if there had been one more run scored in major league baseball on Sunday, Marty Swindell of Folsom, CA would’ve nailed it. So, exercising our blog license of flexibility and fairness, we’re sending Marty a $50 dining certificate for CV Steak. Anyone who knows Marty, give him a call and tell him you’ll be glad to be his guest when he comes up to use it! Thanks to all who entered!
|Free Live Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
Just In – More Next Week:
- Blood Drive: The Annual CVI Driving for Donors All American Hero Blood Drive is coming up on Friday, July 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can schedule your appointment on line now!
- Band of the West Free Concert: The 562nd Air National Guard Band of the West Coast will present a free concert on Sunday evening, July 3 in TJ’s Corral. The Patriots in Blue Jazz Ensemble will perform first followed by a patriotic tribute by the entire Air National Guard Band of the West Coast Concert Band. Watch for all the details in next week’s blog.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Enjoy Sharkey’s Even More! In response to our customers, Sharkey’s and the Jackpot Café are now opening at 6:30 AM each morning. Also, Sharkey’s Casino is now closing at 4 AM instead of midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.
- To Make a Hotel Reservation: Despite what hear or what you might think from watching those fancy TV commercials, you will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
- Dining at the Inn:
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
In the Casino:
- Promotions: Spell CA$H kiosk game on Mondays; 3X Points Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday Giveaway Drawings at 8 and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $500; Saturday Hot Seat Giveaways from Noon to 5 p.m. with 50 guaranteed winners of $100 each and Saturday Spin to Win Drawings at 6, 8, and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $5,000.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, US Open Golf Tournament, Horseracing and at least one more NBA Finals Game. NASCAR is off this week.
- Gift Baskets.
- $2 Beers – Once or Twice? We’ll have $2 Draft Beers – the 16 ounce size – during the remaining NBA Championship games . . . either just this Thursday or, perhaps, also on Sunday if there is a Game 7!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!