Frankie Ballard was a fan favorite at TJ's — especially female fans.
Photo: Tim Parsons / Tahoe Onstage
Eli Young Band New Release this Friday: We love the sound of the Saltwater Gospel single being released by the Eli Young Band this Friday – their first single under a new deal with Valory Music Co. The song “immediately transports the listener to their favorite beach, where the mystical power of the ocean melts away the troubles of everyday life — while connecting them to their own spirituality.” You can get a 26 second taste of this upbeat, toe-tapping country tune at this link. Then, be sure not to miss the The Eli Young Band in TJ’s corral on Sunday, August 14 . . . tickets will be going on sale soon.
|Dancing at 2015 Decades Party.|
Coach Tice on Stage, Far Left
An Unusual Sports Challenge – Just for Fun: here's a challenge for the sports fans who read our blog . . . See how you do in ranking the following sports activities this weekend from the highest number to lowest number. Send us an email (just click on the link) by 5:30 p.m. this Friday, June 10 with your guess . . . and be sure to clearly indicate your ranking order. We'll draw two names from those who guess correctly and award a $50 dining certificates for CV Steak to each. One entry per person or our blog cops will have you disqualified! Remember; rank them from the highest number to the lowest number. Any decisions necessary due to unusual circumstances in any of these events will be a the sole discretion of our Sports Book manager (he'll find out about this duty when he reads this!):
- The highest finishing golf score in the final round of The St. Jude Classic on Sunday, June 12
- Total of the two lowest finishing golf scores in final round of The St. Jude Classic on Sunday, June 12
- Total of the two highest finishing golf scores in the final round of The St. Jude Classic on Sunday, June 12
- Total minutes to run the NASCAR Firekeepers Casino 400 on Sunday, June 12
- Total points scored by the winning team in the Warriors-Cavaliers NBA Game on Friday, June 10
- Total points scored by the losing team in the Warriors-Cavaliers NBA Game on Friday, June 10
- Total runs scored by all Major League Baseball Teams in games completed on Sunday, June 12
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: George Pickard entertains tonight and Thursday, the John Dawson Band takes the stage Friday and Saturday, and Patrick Major returns Sunday through next Wednesday! George Pickard backed up many acts from the fifties and sixties and was one of the Kingsmen (Louie, Louie). The John Dawson Band (aka the JDB} is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. Patrick Major provides a mix of original material combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Click here for the full lineup of June entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Dining at the Inn:
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is a Chef's Choice Game Entree. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- In the Casino:
- $2 Draft Beer? $2 Draft Beers – the 16 ounce size – are available in the casino during the remaining Warriors-Cavaliers NBA Championship games and Sharks-Penguins Stanley Cup matches . . . enjoy!
- Promotions: Spell CA$H kiosk game on Mondays; 3X Points Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday Giveaway Drawings at 8 and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $500; Saturday Hot Seat Giveaways from Noon to 5 p.m. with 50 guaranteed winners of $100 each and Saturday Spin to Win Drawings at 6, 8, and 10 p.m.with the chance to win up to $5,000.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, US Open Golf Futures, Horseracing including The Belmont Stakes, the NBA Finals, the NHL Stanley Cup and the NASCAR Firekeepers Casino 400.
- Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Our Monthly Blackjack Tournament starts at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 14 . . . just $25 gets you in and all entry fees and re-buys go into the prize fund. Signups are from 5 to 6 p.m. in the table games area and the tournament is open to all INN Club members (easy and free to join at Guest Services in the casino).
| Tuesday is Flag Day.|
This shot of the CVI Flag was taken last week
from the roof of the CVI.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!