Frankie Ballard Concert Thursday: If last Saturday’s Granger Smith Concert was any predictor, our TJ’s Corral concert season is going to be a lively one . . . and it continues this Thursday with the Frankie Ballard Concert! The doors open at 7:15, the show starts at 8 PM and tickets are still available on our web site or at the Hotel Desk (775-783-6606): $33 for General Admission and the Party Pit and $39 for Reserved Seating. Sarah Hauck from The Record Courier spoke to Frankie last week and posted her story for all to read . . . check it out and get a peek at what the TJ’s audience can expect on Thursday, what influenced Frankie’s music, when his next album will be released and more. And remember, “It All Started With a Beer” just ain’t about beer! There are more 2016 Concerts coming up in TJ’s Corral including The Oak Ridge Boys, Clay Walker, The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
Mixed Scramble Golf Tournament Set: All the details are in place for our Annual Mixed Scramble Golf Outing on September 9 – 11, 2016. By far our most popular and well-attended golf event, the Mixed Scramble provides the opportunity for every level of golfer to participate – and even win a few bucks! We pick teams by blind draw at the Friday reception, play the tournament on Saturday, and celebrate with a banquet on Saturday night. Equally as much a social outing as a golf tournament, this event has been the basis for forming friendships and providing many fall Saturdays that definitely fit the “that was just too much fun!” category. Please get it on your calendar and check out all the details and download a registration form at this link.
June Promotions: our $100,000 Giveaway Promotion continues in June and we'v also added a Spell CA$H kiosk game on Mondays, 3X Points Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday Spin to Win Drawings at 6, 8, and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $5,000. Friday Giveaway Drawings continue at 8 and 10 p.m. with the chance to win up to $500 and Saturday Hot Seat Giveaways run from Noon to 5 p.m. with 50 guaranteed winners of $100 each!
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: John Palmore entertains tonight, the Justin Lee Band makes a special one night appearance Thursday the Rick Hays & American Steel take the stage Friday and Saturday, and George Pickard returns Sunday through next Thursday. Justin Lee burst onto the country music scene with his self-titled EP release in April 2015. The up-and-coming musician has gone from playing in a cover band with his buddies to performing on the same stage as acts like The Band Perry, Parmalee and Jake Owen. Justin has performed at ShipKicker in Long Beach and Night in the Country, Nevada’s largest country music festival. Rick Hays & American Steel has recorded and released two full CD’s (Who’s Your Cowboy Now and Nevadatude) and one EP (Forward). Rick is passionate about music and it is reflected in his work as a Singer/Songwriter, as well as an Arranger/Producer. His live performances create a contagious energy that can be heard, seen, and felt both physically and emotionally. Rick describes his sound as “stretches from the Twang to the Bang,” so come on by and enjoy! Click here for the full lineup of June entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Some Special Days:
|Donuts Baked Fresh Daily|
- Today is Flip a Coin Day. We suggest you use a penny and, whether it comes up heads or tails, you head over to the Penny Progressive Slots as the jackpot has topped $55,500! Oh, and don’t really try putting an actual penny into one of those slots . . . but, you already knew that!
- Thursday is Leave The Office Early Day. Makes sense to us, might as well get home and change before you head over to the Frankie Ballard Concert in TJ’s Corral on Thursday!
- Friday is Fish And Chip Day and we have you covered at Katie’s here at the CVI, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey’s and at Bodines Restaurant.
- Friday is National Donut Day. Job’s Perk opens at 6 a.m. and we have apple fritters, chocolate donut bars, glazed rings, and glazed old fashion donuts. One of each outta’ do it!
- Tuesday is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. It’s ready for you to enjoy here in Katie’s or up at Bodines Restaurant.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- $2 Beer for Hockey and Basketball: We consider the Warriors (playing the Cavaliers) and the Sharks (skating off against the Penguins) more-or-less home teams so we’re offering $2 Draft Beers – the 16 ounce size – during the NBA Championship games and Stanley Cup matches . . . enjoy!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, US Open Golf Futures, Horseracing, the NBA Finals, the NHL Stanley Cup and the NASCAR Axalta 'We Paint Winners' 400 at Pocono Raceway.
- No-Guys Poker Tournament: Our Monthly Ladies-Only Poker Tournament starts at 4 p.m. Sunday in the Poker Room. Sit in on a Free Poker Refresher first if you wish . . . and leave the guys up at the Sportsbook so they can catch the Warriors-Cavs Game..
- Venison Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!