Clay or Clays – We’ve Got ‘em Both!
Clay Walker live in concert in TJ's Corral this Friday . . . and Sporting Clays at Walker River Resort in three weeks - it kind of ties together and after all, this is a blog and that gives us license to weave subjects together as we see fit!
- Clay Walker brings a full vault of country treasures including 4 RIAA Platinum Albums, 2 Certified Gold Albums and 11 #1 hit singles. Clay's effect on his fans was recently captured by one of our TJ’s Corral Facebook Page followers who so aptly stated about his hit “Fall” (video above) which reached number 5 on the U.S. country singles chart, "Fall is my favorite song. I heard it and I could of sworn it was written for me and what I was going through. He became my favorite.” Our friends at Tahoe Onstage provide more insight into Clay in this article which includes a link to Clay’s 2015 single, Right Now. Reserved seating tickets for this Friday's Clay Walker Concert are $39 and $49 and are available online, at the hotel desk or by calling 775-783-6606. Additional 2016 Concerts in TJ’s Corral include The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
- As for the Sporting Clays, we still have a few spots open in our Summer Fun Shoot Unlike our February Shooting Weekend, this one is limited in size and includes a cocktail gathering on Sunday evening, sporting clays on Monday at Walker River Resort and Tuesday at Carson Valley Clays, lunch both days, and a family-style Basque dinner at the JT Restaurant & Bar on Tuesday night. All the details are at this link and we hope you’ll check it out and join us!
Great Golf Course News!
This week we shine a spotlight on two of the dozen golf courses played by the 100+ golf groups that headquarter at the Carson Valley Inn each year.
|Knaughty Pine Bar at Genoa Ranch|
- The Ranch Course at Genoa Lakes recently opened their new Knaughty Pine Bar and new Pro Shop in a much more accessible location just east of the original and now-empty large clubhouse. Head Golf Professional Chris Detsch, PGA, and his staff have nestled into this cheerful new home and the renewed energy is contagious! The Ranch Course is home to both the Friday practice round and the Saturday competition round for our annual Mixed Scramble which is coming up on the weekend after Labor Day. We hope you'll consider joining in on what has to be our most fun-filled golf event of the year! The two Genoa Lakes courses continue to be our most-often-requested and we enjoy a great working relationship with the staff, ownership and, unfortunately for this writer, that pesky forced carry on hole #12 at the Lakes Course!
- Meanwhile, Thunder Canyon Golf Course has
been sold and is now operating as
Hole #16 at Toiyabe Golf Club
- If you are part of a group of golfers and would like to look into one of our group packages, we're booking now for the remainder of 2016 and all of 2017. Hop on the phone and call Greg Enholm, PGA our Golf Sales Manager at 775-783-6615. Greg will be glad to match your needs with our services. He makes it really easy by arranging the hotel rooms, tee times, group dinners and more . . . including, if you ask nice, a tip or two on your swing!
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Free Bingo a free to the first 150 ladies to sign up tonight. Our Custom Made Gift Baskets by Shelly Camp and, as
- INN Club members earn 4 Times points Wednesdays in July from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Be sure to use your INN Club card and Quadruple the point value of your play!
- Bingo in the Casino Thursdays: Come in and play Bingo every odd hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursdays for your chance to win $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- 5X Points Saturday: Every Saturday during July INN Club members earn 5X Points all day – quintuple the benefit buildup!
- Free Cash Bounce Back Sunday/Monday: Slot players, earn just 50 points this Sunday and swipe at the casino kiosk for your Cash Bounce Back coupon. Then, come back on Monday and redeem it for the free cash amount indicated on the coupon!
- Click here f
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, WNBA, British Open and Saturday’s New Hampshire 301 NASCAR Race.
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Night in Katie’s – three specials – just $6.99 each!
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Game Tips for $26. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
|Free to First 150 Ladies to Sign Up Tonight!|
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: Jonathon “JB” Barton is on stage tonight, the Voodoo Cowboys take over for the weekend on Thursday through Saturday and Bill Wharton is here Sunday through Wednesday. Playing together since 2009, the Voodoo Cowboys have appeared at most major casino venues in Nevada. Not the “cryin' in your beer” type country band, they are the life of the party with their dance-inducing, hard drivin' country music and rock n roll. The group has entertained crowds on numerous stages around the world, as well as sharing stages with such rock and country stars as David Nail, Little Texas, Ron Keel, Toby Keith and many more. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!