My Girl, Just My Imagination, Papa Was a Rolling Stone, Ain't Too Proud to Beg, The Way You Do the Things You Do - these are just some of the many Temptations hits from the late sixties and early seventies you’ll hear when The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards takes the stage in TJ's Corral on Saturday, July 30. Can you guess which three of these made the top six in a Reader's Poll of the Ten Greatest Motown Songs by Rolling Stone? Reserved seating tickets are $39 and $49 and are available on our website, at the hotel desk, or by calling 775-783-6606. For even more of a trip down memory lane, check out this article about the upcoming Temptations Review concert posted by our friends at Tahoe OnStage! Additional 2016 Concerts in TJ’s Corral include The Eli Young Band and Randy Houser!
Superman, Batman and Spiderman Walk Up to the Silver Dollar Bar in Sharkey's Casino and order one of the many draft beers on tap. Soon their presence attracts some of the fairer sex including Wonder Woman, Super Girl, Bat Girl and, although not apparent to all, The Invisible Woman. If this sounds like we are building a verbal picture of a comic book version of the bar scene from a Star Wars movie, it isn't. It's actually a somewhat embellished projection of what might actually happen this Thursday when the monthly Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk in Gardnerville takes on a Superhero Theme. Be sure to register starting at 4:30 PM at either the Town of Gardnerville Offices (across the street and ‘bout a block down from Sharkey’s) or Big Daddy’s Bike Shop near the Minden/Gardnerville line.
Not Just Another Cow in the Field with Mountains in the Background Picture! Matt Carter, our Director of Hotel Operations, captured this picture in the calm before the storm of our Carson Valley Inn/Bodines Casino/Sharkey’s Casino Employee Picnic last week. It was a full and festive day with hundreds of employees and their families enjoying eight hours of food, games, rides, music and more. We also throw a creative Christmas Party for all our employees with gifts for all the kids (hundreds of 'em), crafts, pictures, and quite the holiday buffet! Add in the generous benefits program (getting harder to find these days, especially in a Casino) and you'll find that working at our properties is not just another job in a casino! Here’s a great way for you and your family to get in on our upcoming picnics and Christmas Parties . . and for you to enjoy working for a creative and successful owner: check out the job opportunities available on this webpage or just stop by the HR office “just down the hall” from our hotel registration desk. And we do know that the picture depicts a bull rather than a cow.
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Free Bingo a free Red, White & Blue Tote Bag to the first 150 ladies to sign up tonight. Our Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets and the usual l
- INN Club members earn 4 Times points Wednesdays in July from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Be sure to use your INN Club card and Quadruple the point value of your play!
- Bingo in the Casino Thursdays: Come in and play Bingo every odd hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursdays for your chance to win $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- 5X Points Saturday: Saturdays during July INN Club members earn 5X Points all day – that’s quintuple the benefit buildup!
- Free Cash Bounce Back Sunday/Monday: Slot players, earn just 50 points this Sunday and swipe at the casino kiosk for your Cash Bounce Back coupon. Then, come back on Monday and redeem it for the free cash amount indicated on your coupon!
- Click here f
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, WNBA, who will win the PGA Tournament in a week (Jason Day and Rory McIlroy are currently co-favorites), who will win the next Super Bowl (the Raiders carry a 3X better chance than the Niners) and the Combat Wounded 400 NASCAR Race at Indianapolis Speedway this Sunday.
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Night in Katie’s: 3 specials, just $6.99 each!
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Friday special in CV Steak feast on our Chef's Choice Game Special. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Saturday is National Hot Dog Day. We serve em in Job's Perk - plain or as a chili dog!
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: Bill Wharton is on stage tonight, the After Dark Band takes over on Thursday through Saturday and Jonny Smokes is here Sunday through Tuesday. The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with this lively group of guys from the “greater Rio Vista” area! Their repertoire is filled with the songs you know and love and they seem to always create an instant party in the CVI Cabaret Lounge. While carrying the label of "One Man Band," this moniker fails miserably to even begin to define the high tech and energetic live experience of a Jonny Smokes show. Turned loose upon a stage filled with beautiful instruments and modern equipment, Jonny enthusiastically delivers a high tech one man exhibition as he consistently performs over 150 solo shows every year in the western United States and throughout Europe. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!