|Immediate Seating - Now at 3 Locations!|
Penny Progressive Climbing Faster! “Old hat” to Carson Valley Inn players, we recently (like last week) linked our popular Penny Progressive to Bodines Casino and Sharkey’s Casino. Now 26 slots are feeding the jackpot which is naturally growing at a more rapid rate. Steve Forrester, our “Corporate” Slot Director (he hates it when we give him a title like that) jump-started the idea many months ago based upon comments from our Bodines and Sharkey’s customers who were nudging us with “hey, why can’t we get in on this penny progressive jackpot!?” Centered on the Triple Red Hot 7's theme – one of IGT's most popular games – the jackpot increases based on play. A max coin bet is 90 cents and hitting the jackpot can be a prize in the tens of thousands of dollars. Our last 2 winners have pocketed over $95,000 each . . . but don't wait ‘cause it's hit anywhere from $10,000 on up. Could mean a new car, new boat, one heck of a new wardrobe or a closet full of expensive new shoes and even the closet remodeling necessary to make room! Someone playing these machines at CVI, Bodines or Sharkey’s will win . . . it could be you!
|Going Bonkers for |
Bunko for Breast Cancer
It’s a Bird, It’s Plane It’s a . . . .Bunco? Pamela Litka is like Clark Kent. During the day, she's a mild-mannered Projects Quality Coordinator for the GE plant in Minden. After hours, she turns into a dynamic Bunko for Breast Cancer Volunteers Committee Lead (we’re not sure exactly what that means, but she is such dynamo when it comes to this event that the title must bestow super powers!) Pamela and a group of focused GE employee volunteers spearhead the Bunko for Breast Cancer evening at the Carson Valley Inn every October in our Valley Ballroom. This year it’s on Saturday, October 8. Over the years this event has raised well into six figures for breast cancer care in Northern Nevada. This is not your normal fundraiser. It is a raucous five hours of 200+ costumed and screaming (mostly female) bunco players who raise more hell – and more money – than any other event that takes place in our Valley Ballroom all year. Oh, and why “bunko” in some cases and “bunco” in others? Guess you’ll just have to stop by on October 8 to find out!
Sports and Race Book:
- This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, NFL and NCAA Football, WNBA Playoffs and Sunday’s New England 300 NASCAR race. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the World Series, 2016 Season NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $2832 – pick all 15 NFL games straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Chatter around the Sportsbook after last weekend’s NFL games: After getting shutout by the Niners in Week 1, the crew in our Sports Book said nobody could get up the gumption to place a bet on the Rams last week. Not only did the Rams cover against Seattle, they won outright! The early trend this week is that no one seems to be ready to bet on the Bears for their Sunday night game against Dallas. Just wondering if there will be a correlation!
No Dancing on the Bus, Please! Actually, we are all in favor of dancing on the bus because the shuttle service between the Carson Valley Inn and the Genoa Candy Dance this Saturday and Sunday is run by the Town of Genoa, not by us . . . so “they” make the rules! Whether you choose to sit calmly or dance in the aisles, everything you want to know about the Candy Dance is at this link and we suggest you read the specific information about the shuttle at this link.
What - Only One? Sunday is One Hit Wonder Day celebrating those artists who had their one big song . . . and then faded away not to be heard from again. Anyone remember these one-hit wonders: “Come on Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners? How about “Who Let the Dogs out?” by the Baha Men? Or stretching back further, “Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye” by Steam? And then there's the infamous "Macarena" by Los del Río – ranked the "#1 Greatest One-Hit Wonder of All Time" by VH1 in 2002. In next week’s blog we’ll announce a November appearance in the Valley Ballroom by a country artist who was on the opposite end of the hit spectrum – he had 15 #1 hits back in the seventies and eighties! Meanwhile, what were your favorite one-hit wonders? Let us know in the comments section below.
|A Variety of Rock 'n' Roll, Country, Blues, R & B this Weekend!|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Eric Jensen entertains tonight, the After Dark Band handles the weekend Thursday through Saturday, we show NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and John Palmore performs next Tuesday and Wednesday. Guitarist Eric Jensen brings forth his many years of experience in jazz, rock, musical theater and comedy to present an evening of entertainment for audiences of all ages. The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with the guys! With a great variety of rock and roll, country, blues and R & B their “must not miss” show is filled with the songs you know and love and the energy of the group creates a party just waiting for you to join in. With Bernie DeLaCruz and Dave Vasquez on guitar, Dustin Taunton on bass, Don Peterson on drums and Scott Anderson on vocals this award winning band will get you rockin’! Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Catch Harley Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for a guaranteed giveaway of forty thousand dollars in September between the CVI and Bodines. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 5X Points Saturday: this Saturday and every Saturday in September earn 5X Points all day!
- Monday HDTV Giveaway: We're giving away a 43” HDTV (the “smart” kind) every Monday through September 26th! To qualify, earn one free entry for every 5 points you earn on Sundays and Mondays in September – then be here on Monday and win a HDTV at the 8 p.m. drawings!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our September Casino Promotions!
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!