|Kelly Lang Appearing with TG Sheppard |
Saturday in the Valley Ballroom
Two for One at TG Sheppard Concert Saturday
Dead Girl Walking is one of 14 songs in TG Sheppard's Legendary Friends and Country Duets album featuring duets with artists such as George Jones, the Oak Ridge Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lorrie Morgan, Ricky Skaggs, Merle Haggard, Engelbert Humperdinck, Willie Nelson, Conway Twitty and more. What makes this song so special to TG? It’s a duet with his wife Kelly Lang, his special guest at the TG Sheppard Concert this Saturday night in the CVI Valley Ballroom! A recent inductee into the North American Country Music Hall Of Fame, Kelly Lang's career continues to grow at a rapid pace. She was recently invited by Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees to perform "Islands In The Stream" in honor of Kenny Rogers, at his recent Country Music Hall Of Fame induction. Kelly and Barry also performed together at the Grand Ole Opry. Kelly has performed with, and had her songs recorded by, some of music's biggest legends spanning throughout all genres of music. She has made numerous appearances on the biggest music shows in television history and her songs can be heard on radio waves throughout the world. All the details are at this link.
Every Veteran and Active Military Person Has a Story – some have many. Some are light hearted – some are gut wrenching. We invite you to share these stories with each other and with us at our annual Free Veterans Day Spaghetti Lunch this Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Valley Ballroom! This is the sixth year for the Carson Valley Inn's free Veterans Day Spaghetti Lunch which includes fresh tossed salad with choice of ranch, Italian or thousand island dressings; spaghetti with choice of marinara sauce or Bolognese (meat sauce); garlic bread and assorted cookies. The bond of service to our country brings hundreds of neighbors and community residents to this event each year. Some have not met but do so at this lunch. Others have formed friendships at this event in previous years. You all definitely have commonality in your patriotism and we look forward to seeing you Friday! Simply present your military ID and lunch for you and your guest is on the Carson Valley Inn! Don't have your ID? Just tell us about your service to our country or give us "that look." We’ll know and we'll welcome you right in!
Even a Busy Elf Deserves a Rest! She moves at “Mach 2 with Her Hair on Fire” so don't get in her way! We're talking about Eileen Knox, our mild-mannered (sort of) Executive Office Manager most of the year, and faster-than-the-speed-of-light Christmas decorator during November. Eileen and her "helpers" from our Engineering department will be scurrying around the Inn setting up interior decorations over the next few weeks as they turn up the Christmas spirit for full effect by Thanksgiving weekend. As for this picture, even the busiest of elves sometimes hides in a remote back-of-the-house stairwell just to catch a brief rest!
Sometimes it Pays to Scream and Yell! And as you remember us reporting in this blog in October, screaming and yelling are the quiet part of the annual Bunko for Breast Cancer event held in our Shannon Ballroom each Fall. The many volunteer employees at our local GE plant who produce this event reported earlier this week they raised $15,785 for local breast cancer causes this year. In our opinion, that is something to scream and yell about!
- CV Steak and Katie’s will be serving their regular menu plus
- If you would rather have us do the cooking so you and the family can dine at home, we are offering a special Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to Ten
- Seems like nothing is more “Thanksgiving” than pumpkin pie, so here’s a reminder: Pumpkin Pies and Pumpkin Cheesecakes are made daily in our bakery through December. Place your order for these or any of the goodies on our "take 'em home" bakery menu at the Katie's Bakery counter.
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet NFL and NCAA Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, and the Sunday Can-Am 500 NASCAR. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NBA Championship, NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3705 – pick all 15 NFL props straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Chatter Around the Sports Book with Mike and Allen:
- Last Week: Allen picked the Raiders (-1) over the Broncos (Raiders Won!!!) and “his” underdog Eagles (+2½) over the Giants (Sorry, Allen). Mike picked the Arkansas Razorbacks (+5) over the #10 Florida Gators (Good one, Arkansas dominated) and Iowa (+7½) over the Penn State (wrong, way wrong).
- This Week: Allen said, “Definitely not my Eagles.” He is picking the favored Steelers (-2½) over the Cowboys. Mike decided to come out from his “hide behind the obscure games” stance and likes underdog Arkansas (+7) to cover or beat LSU and favored Stanford (-3½ ) over Oregon.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: The RYE Brothers fill our stage through Saturday night, we show NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and George Pickard is here next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. Led by Paul Justin & Justin Foutz, who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks. Paul and Justin formed Rye Brothers in the of Summer of 2015 and quickly added a solid rhythm section consisting of Jacob Delott (bass, backing vocals) and Jeff Sorenson (drums, backing vocals) to round out this Southern California based quartet. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Holiday Giveaway Drawings Friday: A total of $10,000 in cash and prizes in guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino every Friday thought December 16 in our $70,000 Guaranteed Holiday Giveaways. Friday drawings are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of chances to get in on your share. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in November earn 4X Points all day.
- Free Sweatshirt Mondays: We're giving away Free CVI Sweatshirts every Monday through November 28th! To qualify, simply earn 175 points the same day and the free sweatshirt is yours . . . plus you keep the points!
- Free Bingo Mondays: There’s Free Bingo in the casino for INN Club members every Monday in November with games at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., Noon and 1 p.m.
- Penny Progressive Over $32,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our November Casino Promotions!
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday (hint: save $4 Thursdays), Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Game Mixed Grill of buffalo and elk medallion and alligator sausage for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!