Share Your Christmas at the CVI on Friday, December 9! Hard to believe the annual KTVN Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive is only three weeks away! Raley’s Gardnerville is making donations easy with their $10 grocery bags. Channel 2 has information on their website and so does the Carson Valley Community Food Closet, the recipient of all the Minden location donations. What can you bring? It’s all on the list on this page. Who is anchoring the event? KTVN’s Arianna Bennett, Ryan Canaday and Zac Mooney who have all been at our location before and certainly “know the drill!” Join us on December 9 from 6 AM to 6 PM.
|What Could Sister Be Looking For? |
Find Out December 1 or 2!
What the Heck is Sister’s Christmas Catechism? It's "CSI: Bethlehem" in a holiday mystery/comedy extravaganza from the authors of Late Nite Catechism. Join the fun (or be part of it!) as Sister takes on the mystery that has intrigued historians throughout the ages - whatever happened to the Magi's gold? We know Mary used the frankincense and myrrh as a sort of potpourri - they were in a barn after all. And now, 2000 years later, thanks to the recent passing of State Question 2, it can be more than potpourri! Anyway, back on point: Retelling the story of the nativity, as only Sister can, this hilarious holiday production has Sister employing her own scientific tools and, assisted by a local choir as well as a gaggle of audience members, creating a living nativity unlike any you've ever seen. With gifts galore and bundles of laughs, Sister’s Christmas Catechism is a “Howling Day of Obligation” you won’t want to miss! Sister’s Christmas Catechism runs on two consecutive nights, Thursday and Friday, December 1 and 2. The show is the same both nights – at least it starts out with that intention. Tickets are $22 and are available at the hotel desk or you can order by phone at 775-783-6606.
Got Something Like This We Can Borrow?
Dump Him or Her, Choose Us! We're willing to bet most of our readers didn't know this Thursday is Unfriend Day. Heck, we'll even bet most of our readers, including us until we found this, didn't even know there was such a day! And if you can honestly say you have heard of it, did you also know that comedian Jimmy Kimmel founded Unfriend Day in 2014? Probably wondering where we're going with all this… There actually is a reason: while you're unfriending all the people you don't know, will you please take a minute and "like," "friend," "follow" or otherwise engage with us on Facebook and Twitter . . . Thanks!
Did You Know: Saturday is Have a Bad DayDay. In our opinion half of the country already experienced this Day a week ago Tuesday! And no, this is not us making a political statement – we wouldn't do so because we have been most fortunate to do quite a bit of business with both major political parties and we sincerely appreciate this business. So, here's the point: “Party” is our business with many parties and other social and business events happening regularly in our Valley Ballroom. So whether or not you are having a bad day on Bad Day Day, start planning your next party or other event here at the CVI by calling Carrie today at 775-783-6673.
|We have all this Thanksgiving Food and More!|
- Both CV Steak and Katie’s are serving their regular menu plus Thanksgiving Specials
- If you would rather have us do the cooking and you and the family dine at home, we are offering a limited number of our special Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to Ten
- Pumpkin Pies and Pumpkin Cheesecakes are made daily in our bakery through December. Place your order for these or any of the goodies on our "take 'em home" bakery menu at the Katie's Bakery counter.
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet NFL and NCAA Football, NBA and College Basketball, NHL Hockey, and Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NBA Championship, NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3789 – pick all 15 NFL props straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike and Allen:
- Last Week: Alan picked the Steelers (-2½) over the Cowboys and the Steelers lost after a wild last 41 seconds! Mike picked Arkansas (+7) to cover against LSU (didn’t happen) and Stanford (-3½ ) over Oregon (he got this one).
- This Week: Allen likes the Raiders (-6) over the Texans in their Monday Night Football game in Mexico City. Mike likes underdog Florida against LSU (-14) in their hurricane makeup game and Oklahoma State over TCU (-4½).
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: George Pickard is here tonight, the After Dark Band entertains Thursday through Saturday, NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and The Novelists appear next Tuesday and Wednesday. The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with the guys! With a great variety of rock and roll, country, blues and R & B their “must not miss” show is filled with the songs you know and love and the energy of the group creates a party just waiting for you to join in. With Bernie DeLaCruz and Dave Vasquez on guitar, Dustin Taunton on bass, Don Peterson on drums and Scott Anderson on vocals this award winning band will get you rockin’! Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Holiday Giveaway Drawings Friday: A total of $10,000 in cash and prizes in guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino every Friday thought December 16 in our $70,000 Guaranteed Holiday Giveaways. Friday drawings are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of chances to get in on your share. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in November earn 4X Points all day.
- Free Sweatshirt Mondays: We're giving away Free CVI Sweatshirts every Monday through November 28th! To qualify, simply earn 175 points the same day and the free sweatshirt is yours . . . plus you keep the points!
- Free Bingo Mondays: There’s Free Bingo in the casino for INN Club members every Monday in November with games at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., Noon and 1 p.m.
- Penny Progressive Over $34,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our November Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday (hint: save $4 Thursdays), Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!