A Nun - In a Casino?? Don't worry, it's OK as Sister explains in the video above. Sister’s Christmas Catechism is filled with humor that appeals to every denomination. If you happen to be connected in any way to Catholicism, you will especially appreciate the “hey, that’s too close to home” humor in these shows. The “older” generation may have experienced some of the situations and “nun torture” first hand. The younger generation has certainly heard about such “Sisters of Terror” war stories – they fall into the “when I was a kid I walked uphill both ways to school in the driving snow” category! Whatever your denomination, we guarantee you’ll see plenty of humor in Sister’s Christmas Catechism, two nights of comedy on Thursday and Friday, December 1 and 2. The show is the same both nights – at least it starts out with that intention. Tickets are $22 and are available at the hotel desk or you can order by phone at 775-783-6606.
But Before We Talk Any More Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving . . . and a special "Thank You" to our 200+ CVI employees who will be working on Thanksgiving Day so over a thousand visitors and locals can enjoy part of their day in our restaurants, casino and hotel. You expect us to be here 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day, so that’s what we do.
- Need a Pumpkin Pie? We thought so, here’s the deal: earn just 50 points today (Wednesday) playing slots or table games, go to the casino kiosk and print your Pumpkin Pie certificate and redeem it in Job’s Perk before you leave.
- If you ordered one of our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners to Go be sure to pick it up Thanksgiving Day just inside the hotel entrance between 10 AM and 2 PM at the time assigned when you ordered.
- If you’re joining us for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, Katie’s will get you seated as quickly as possible and we’ll be ready for you in CV Steak at the time of your reservation.
- If you plan on joining us in the Poker Room, please do so starting at 4 PM, our special opening time for Thanksgiving Day.
- While you’re here over Thanksgiving Weekend, stop by the 17th Annual Kandy Kane Holiday Craft Fair in our Valley Ballroom Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lots of holiday decorations, gifts and much more - admission is free!
- This weekend we light-up Candy Cane Lane, our outdoor drive-thru Christmas light display, which can be enjoyed nightly through December 31. Soak in thousands of Christmas lights and a variety of scenes depicting traditional characters and images getting ready for and enjoying Christmas. Accompanying music can be heard by tuning your car radio to 89.9 FM.
|These guys know how to stick a landing at the CVI!|
Helicopter, Fire Engines, National Guard, Blood Drive . . . These are just some of the highlights of the KTVN Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive coming up on Friday, December 9 from 6 AM to 6 PM at the entrance to our RV Park. Every year, this event takes on a life of its own and it’s all for the good of our community, specifically for the many Carson Valley recipients of the services offered by the Carson Valley Community Food Closet.
- This sequence of numbers has a nametoday is the day
- If you avoid Black Friday shoppingBuy Nothing Day
- Saturday is Cake Day and as luck would have it our bakery crew turns out dozens of cakes every day. You can enjoy a slice here in Katie's or CV Steak or take a slice or whole cake home for the family or friends. As Jean-Michele has been heard to repeat, “Qu’ils mangent de la brioche!”
- Before we switch back to English, Monday is French Toast Day which we can also help you celebrate. In Katie’s here at the CVI, we bake our own bread for the French Toast. At the Bodine’s Restaurant we use conventional bread and at the Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s Casino we use brioche bread.
- Waiting for a table in Katie’s isn’t always a bad thing. From a posting on our Facebook page recently: “Told to come back in 20 minutes for a table --- win $100 and go eat!!”
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet NFL and NCAA Football, NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NCAA Football Championship, Super Bowl, NBA Championship, and NHL Stanley Cup.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3912 – pick all 15 NFL props straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike and Allen:
- Last Week, 3-0: Alan picked the Raiders at -6 over the Texans . . . That’s a win as the Raiders won by 7! Mike went 2-0 with his underdog picks both winning outright – Florida over LSU and Oklahoma State over TCU.
- This Week: Alan likes the favored Falcons (-4) at home against the Cardinals. Mike is choosing against two heavy favorites: he likes Duke (+15) over Miami and the Minnesota Golden Gophers at +15 over Wisconsin.
|Come on in and catch the Kid and Nic Show |
this weekend Free in the Cabaret Lounge
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: The Novelists are here tonight, The Kid and Nic Show is on stage Thursday through Saturday, NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and Jamie Rollins appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. Kirk and Nicole Tracy have been performing together since 1977. Their Kid and Nic Show keeps the crowd dancing, singing and laughing along as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae. The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House. Jamie Rollins is an upbeat and experienced entertainer who performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few of his own songs. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Holiday Giveaway Drawings Friday: A total of $10,000 in cash and prizes is guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino every Friday thought December 16 in our $70,000 Guaranteed Holiday Giveaways. Friday drawings are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of chances to get in on your share. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s right; earn 4X Points all day.
- Free Sweatshirt Monday: Last chance to get a Free CVI Sweatshirt on Monday . . . to qualify, simply earn 175 points the same day and the free sweatshirt is yours plus you keep the points!
- Free Bingo Monday: There’s Free Bingo in the casino for INN Club members with games at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., Noon and 1 p.m.
- Penny Progressive Over $36,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special finishes its seasonal run in CV Steak this Friday and Saturday nights (not served Thanksgiving).
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!