|Sister About to Get Out of Control!|
Food Drive Almost Here . . . so the crew at Channel 2 huddled in front of a studio camera (no smartphone selfies for this bunch) and issued the above video invitation to the KTVN Share Your Christmas Drive-By Food Drive coming up on Friday, December 9 from 6 AM to 6 PM at the entrance to our RV Park. Santa will be arriving by Care Flight helicopter (weather permitting) at 9:30 AM and hanging around until mid-afternoon, East Fork Fire Protection District will have various pieces of equipment and personnel on hand throughout the day, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office brings over some of their specialty vehicles, and volunteers from the Nevada National Guard, United States Marines and Nevada Department of Corrections will be helping out. All money and food donated locally goes to the Carson Valley Community Food Closet. blood donated
- Christmas Parties are Making a Comeback in our improving economy and you will see quite a few of them during December in our Ballroom space, Picon Room and the Private Dining Room in CV Steak. We bring this up because there may be still be room for your company if you don’t need a prime night . . . and now would be a good time to think about what you might want to do for next year as those prime nights go fast. Either way, give Carrie a call at 775-783-6673.
- Christmas Decorations are all up here at the CVI and at our sister properties Sharkey’s and Bodines.. Eileen and her crew did all-new decorations in the Casino and Katie's this year . . . we hope you’ll check out the holiday spirit in all three properties!
- A Toys for Tots box is located inside our hotel entrance – feel free to drop off a new unwrapped toy on your way in to check out the decorations.
- A Christmas Village and more are depicted in our Candy Cane Lane drive-by Christmas display which you can enjoy nightly by pulling in to the entrance between our big sign and the Carson Valley Market. Tune your radio to 89.9 and listen to music while you watch the elves and other characters!
|Jan Vandermade's Picture Tells WhyCV for Him!|
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet NFL and NCAA Football (lots of Conference Championship games), NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NCAA Football Championship, Super Bowl, NBA Championship, and NHL Stanley Cup.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3996 – pick all 15 NFL props straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike and Allen:
- Last Week, 2-1: Alan picked the Falcons (-4) at home against the Cardinals. Easy win for Alan. Mike went the underdog route again picking Duke (+15) over Miami (loss - Miami covered by 4) and Minnesota (+15) over Wisconsin (barely got this one, Wisconsin won by 14!)
- This Week: Mike likes the Dolphins (+3 1/2) over the Ravens and Georgia State (+ 6 1/2) over Idaho. Alan, who complained about not getting to have his coffee before making his picks, went with the Packers (-6) over the Texans and the Lions (+5) over the Saints.
|The Nighthawks this Weekend |
in the Cabaret Lounge
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Jamie Rollins performs tonight, The Nighthawks entertain Thursday through Saturday, NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and Steve Lord appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Nighthawks are a local (Gardnerville/Wellington) country and rock band specializing in popular dance tunes from the 60's and 70's. The group performs a wide variety of styles covering artists from Alan Jackson to ZZ Top, including great classic country tunes and expert performances of classic rock songs. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord is a main stage West Coast performer who presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the even hour 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Holiday Giveaway Drawings Friday: A total of $10,000 in cash and prizes in guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino every Friday thought December 16 in our $70,000 Guaranteed Holiday Giveaways. Friday drawings are at 5, 7 and 8 p.m. with plenty of chances to get in on your share. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s right; earn 5X Points the next few Saturdays in December!
- Penny Progressive Over $39,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Lamb Shank for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!