Doppelganger - Tim Parsons at Tahoe Onstage used this most appropriate word in the headline of his story about how Roger Hegyi has become Willie Nelson. Roger brings Willie to life in his True Willie Band performance coming to our Valley Ballroom on Friday, February 10 with shows at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Camera Alert! You’ll see lots of cameras, tripods and warmly-dressed raptor enthusiasts around the Carson Valley Inn this weekend . . they’re all part of the 250+ people participating in the annual Eagles and Agriculture
No question the picture depicts the anticipation these five friends (Art, Dave, Craig, Dennis, Brandon) share about the CVI Sporting Clays Shooting Weekend coming up on February 23 – 25. There are other clusters of two, three, four or more people who also mark this event on their calendar and plan “life” around their annual visit to the CVI. However, this is the first time we’ve heard of someone actually setting up a countdown clock. And to show the lengths and imagination that people will use when expressing their love for this event, check the very top of the picture for a clue as to their resourcefulness in finding an “app!” While we have a lot of repeat participants in this event, there are also quite a few new folks each year. If you have any interest in clay shooting, whatever your level of skill or luck, perhaps you'll establish your tradition next month . . . and start your countdown clock to 2018 a week later!
Mark Breedon, our Bell/Valet captain took this picture Monday morning after the most recent of a series of snowfalls in the Carson Valley. While quite picturesque and postcard-worthy, our engineering crew was on scene a few minutes later with our three plows, a number of shovels, and their usual fine dedication and hard work. Bottom line: as with all snowfalls - granted we don't get too many at our location - the parking lot was cleared quickly and as soon as the sun came out the "Nevada high-desert melt" finished the job making the CVI very accessible! We remain a great location to base for a ski visit: it’s a straight shot to Kirkwood on Highway 88 and to the Nevada side Heavenly lodges to our West.
Today is National Irish Coffee Day. We caught up with Jeff Wellman, long time (20+ years) CVI bartender a couple of days ago. It was a snowy day and we asked him to make an Irish Coffee for a picture. He said “I’ll do you one better, turn on that video camera and let’s show ‘em how we do it!”
|Mini Chocolate Fudge Cakes|
|One Mighty Large Chocolate Cake - Inside and Out!|
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet the Super Bowl, NBA, College Basketball and NHL. Also on the board: wager on who will win the NCAA Basketball Championship, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series. Coming soon: futures on the Masters and NASCAR.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive still has not had a winner so now we must give it away on Super Bowl Sunday or we’ll run amok of the Nevada Gaming Gods. Here’s the deal: We’ll have a Super Sunday $5 card out by this Saturday with 15 props on the February 5 game. Play as many cards as you wish and whoever gets the most out of 15 correct wins $5,000 with any ties split. Someone will win – and the only “for sure” is that it will not be you if you don’t play a card!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike, Alan and Greg:
- Last Week, 3-3: Mike split on his “Killer P’s” (Pats at -5½ and Packers at +4). Greg hit both the Patriots to cover and the over on the Pats-Steelers game at 51. Alan had reversed Greg’s picks so 0-2 for him.
- This Week: No picks this week so we are devoting our energy to following the #notmysuperbowl hashtag on Twitter. Despite some serious begging from Hank at the CV Steak Bar (he’s a diehard Cheesehead) and Matt at the Casino Bar (Steelers to the end) we did not give them off on Super Bowl weekend so they could think about what might have been! We need them here to serve the $2 Draft Beer specials during the game!
- So How Did it All Wind Up? We’re tallying it all up to see how our boys did since we started this weekly guessing game. Look for results next week.
|Decades Thursday and Friday in the Cabaret Lounge|
Decades is one of our most popular groups with a vibrant and diverse act from Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Goode to Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars Uptown Funk. Decades’ 4-part harmonies and energized rhythm section truly shine when playing hits from the 1950's to today. The quintet of former music majors from Chico State includes Samantha Francis (keyboard, harmonica, guitar, flute and vocals), Ben Ruttenberg (keyboards, guitar, vocals), Billy DiBono (drums, vocals), Will Watje (guitar, sax, vocals), and Tobias Brooks (bass, guitar, vocals). Justin Lee has gone from playing in a cover band with his buddies to performing on the same stage with acts such as The Band Perry, Parmalee and Jake Owen. An up-and-coming country artist, Justin has performed at ShipKicker in Long Beach and Night in the Country, Nevada’s largest country music festival.
In the Casino
- Win up to $1,000 in cash in our giveaway drawings at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Use your card while you play 'cause you get in via hot seat selection and virtual drawing tickets from your play today!
- Cosmetic Bag
- $1,000 Guaranteed Friday: Free Cash and Getaway Giveaways Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. $1,000 in some combination of Cash, Free Play and Trips is guaranteed this Friday and every Friday through February 24th.
- 5X Points Saturday: 5X Points this Saturday – that’s five times the benefits for your play!
- Golden Ticket Days: Golden Tickets are being distributed today through Saturday – use your INN Club card!
- Golden Ticket Drawings Sunday: We’re giving away a guaranteed total of $10,000 in Cash and Freeplay between CVI and Bodines Casino and we’ll have 10 winners each at 6 and 8 p.m. at the CVI!
- January Scratcher Drawings Tuesday: Join us at 6 and 8 p.m. for the chance to win up to $5,000.
- Penny Progressive Almost $57,000 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Win squares in our $160 Super Sunday Football Grid starting this Sunday, January 29.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!