|Travis Denning Songs Recorded |
by Jason Aldean &Justin Moore
Up and Comers with Solid "Already Arrived" Credentials
Our first Nashville Nights Showcase is this Friday in the Valley Ballroom featuring up-and-coming country singer/songwriters. Last week we mentioned Cole Taylor has had songs recorded by Florida Georgia Line, Chase Rice and more. Since then we learned Cole has released two of his own EPs and had two songs reach #1 on the country music charts; “Sippin’ On Fire” by Florida Georgia Line and “Home Alone Tonight” by Luke Bryan featuring Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town. Travis Denning has had songs recorded by Jason Aldean, Justin Moore and Chase Rice and he spent the Fall of 2016 on Cole Swindell's Down Home Tour. In addition to Cole and Travis flying in from Nashville for the show, singer, multi-instrumentalist and composer Hannah Jane Kile will also perform. She has “opened” for acts including Birds of Chicago, Blame Sally, Nina Gerber, Eliza Gilkyson, The Steel Wheels, Joe Craven & the Sometimers, and most recently Ingrid Michelson. It’s $19 for all three performers and we’ll have a free Nashville Nights Showcase T-Shirt for everyone who attends and posts on Facebook or Instagram at the show. Tickets are available at the Hotel Desk or call 775-783-6606.
|The Easy Part After an |
Adventure Getting Here!!
True Willie Band - An Arrival to Remember!
We don’t usually look back on events that have passed. However, we have to give a great big “thank you” and express our appreciation to the 300+ people who turned out for the True Willie Band concerts last Friday night. Road conditions were changing all afternoon and into the evening, yet people found a way of getting here . . . and from all of your comments you really enjoyed the show! The band itself had quite an adventure getting to the CVI to make sure the show could go on. They were planning to fly in on Thursday which, had they done so, would’ve been an adventure of a lifetime as winds were gusting as high as 85 mph. Friday morning our Bell/Valet captain Mark Breedon made it up Hwy 395 to pick up the band and their equipment. Then things started changing rapidly as the waters rose and more roads closed. Here at the CVI, we monitored the Twitter posts from Douglas County, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Nevada Highway Patrol, NDOT and also a couple of Facebook Community Forums to keep up on the road conditions. As we got new information, we texted it to Mark who then changed his return route accordingly. After a long and bumpy trip down Foothill to the end and a jaunt north on Hwy 88, Mark cut through the Ranchos on Centerville, went over the Riverview Bridge, north on Hwy 395 (follow the yellow brick road, right?), and got the group here just in time to walk into the Valley Ballroom and set up for the dress rehearsal. Cliff, the bass player from the group, captured their adventure in pictures and words and posted it online - it’s a quick read, take a look!
Wine or a Margarita?
- Saturday is National Drink Wine Day.
CV Steak Features
- Tuesday is National Margarita Day. We started wondering how many different ways there are to make a Margarita and found these 49 margarita recipes all tucked into one neat article! Just for fun, we went by the Cabaret Bar and asked Erin what she would do if someone asked her to make a Beer Margarita. Turns out she is pretty quick on her feet and instantly came up with three or four ingredients and a “plan.” Want to know how she would approach it? Stop by the Cabaret Bar and ask her!
New in the Poker Room Starting this Weekend:
- Fridays we’ll pay $15 to the high hand each hour from 2 to 8 PM.
- Saturdays, the high hand of the hour spins the wheel from 2 to 10 PM.
- A Saturday night Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament has been added starting at 6 PM with a $20 buy-in and one reentry. On the last Saturday of the month, the same tournament will have a $40 buy-in with one reentry and we will add $300 to the prize pool!
- All of our Featured Games, Tournaments and Special Promotions are listed on our website,
|Justin Lee & His Band in Cabaret Lounge This Weekend|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Tyler Stafford tonight, Justin Lee Thursday through Saturday, George Pickard Sunday and Monday and Steve Lord next Tuesday and Wednesday. Justin Lee is the west coast’s answer to new country music. With roots in small town Yerington, Nevada, Justin Lee is bringing a new level of excitement to country as we know it. Justin opened for Mark Chesnutt in October of 2014 at We Dig Mining, a fundraiser to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nevada. A Night In The Country – Nevada’s largest country music festival – featured Justin on the main stage prior to The Band Perry in 2015.
In the Casino
- 3-Piece Bowl Set Wine Country
- $1,000 Guaranteed Friday: Free Cash and Getaway Giveaways Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. $1,000 in some combination of Cash, Free Play and Trips is guaranteed this Friday and every Friday through February 24th.
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in February – that’s quadruple the benefits for your play!
- 5X Points Monday: all day for President’s Day.
- Penny Progressive About to Hit $65,000: As this jackpot gets higher, more people play the carousels and the faster it grows. Remember, this Progressive Jackpot can (and will) only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slot carousels at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can “bet the games” for the NBA, College Basketball and NHL. Also on the board: wager on who will win the NASCAR Daytona 500, NCAA Basketball Championship, Masters, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each, 11 AM to 10PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!