True Willie Band This Friday
We came up with almost a thousand songs that Willie Nelson wrote, recorded, performed, influenced, or otherwise touched. When Roger Hegyi and the True Willie Band Show bring Willie to life in the Valley Ballroom this weekend they’ll only be doing the most recognizable including five of Willie Nelson’s most notable hits medleyed (OK, we made up this word but you know what we mean) in the video above. Experience these and much more this Friday night with True Willie Band Shows at 5:30 and 7:30 PM. Tickets ($20) are available at the Hotel Desk or call 775-783-6606.
. . . for the first in a series of Nashville Nights Showcase featuring up-and coming country singer/songwriters. Our kickoff event on February 17 features Hannah Jane Kile and two talents direct from Nashville, John Cole Taylor (singer/songwriter for Universal Music Publishing Group in Nashville, has had songs recorded by Florida Georgia Line, Chase Rice, and more) and Travis Denning. Just $19 for the full evening with all three. We’ll even throw in a free Nashville Nights Showcase T-Shirt for everyone who attends and posts on Facebook or Instagram at the show. Tickets are available at the Hotel Desk or call 775-783-6606.
|Feeling Relaxed in the Carson Valley|
Winner! Congratulations to Mark Breedon, our Bell/Valet Captain whose photo (above) was the Judges Choice Winner in the Relaxed Category of the recent #WhyCV contest sponsored by t
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can “bet the games” for the NBA, College Basketball and NHL. Also on the board: wager on who will win the NASCAR Daytona 500, NCAA Basketball Championship, Masters, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series.
- PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive - Who won the $5,000? We had three tickets with 13 of the 15 props picked correctly and thus the $5000 prize was split three ways. One ticket was played by a couple who are regulars at Bodines Casino and the two other tickets, slightly different, were both played by one regular at the CVI.
- Super Game Pick Results: (7 – 5): As a reminder we gave the “boys” four picks: Winner, over/under, and their choice of any two props. Here’s how they did with the Pats at +4 and the over/under at 60½:
- Mike, 3-1: Patriots (W), over (W), L. Bount will score a TD (L), neither team convert a FG in the 1st Qtr (W).
- Alan, 1-3: Patriots (W), under (L), there will not be three unanswered scores in the game (L), Edleman will score a TD (L).
- Greg 3-1: Patriots (W), over (W), tails on the coin toss (W), Falcons final point total will be an odd number (L).
- What’s Our Next Pick Challenge? We’ll plan on having a little picking rivalry with at least the first two weeks of March Madness.
- Meanwhile at the Race Book: It’s been a while since we mentioned any of Mike’s horses and we have good news this week: Mike’s 6 year-old colt Hoppertunity won the San Antonio Stakes at Santa Anita Park last Saturday. In a 25-race career Hoppertunity has only finished worse than fourth once and that was in his first race back in 2014.
Adam Bergoch tonight, The Vegas Road Show Thursday through Saturday, Cliff & Dave Sunday and Monday and Tyler Stafford next Tuesday and Wednesday. Cody Stevens and his wife, Barbara Christy are at the heart of The Vegas Road Show - a powerful variety act delivering first class entertainment including music, comedy and crowd participation. Share a "Slice of Vegas" with them as they take you back with music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, classic rock, country, smooth jazz or whatever the audience requests!
In the Casino
- Join us 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a free 3 in 1 Grater and a Large Chocolate Covered Strawberry (from the Chocolate Shoppe) Chocolate Shoppe
- $1,000 Guaranteed Friday: Free Cash and Getaway Giveaways Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. $1,000 in some combination of Cash, Free Play and Trips is guaranteed this Friday and every Friday through February 24th.
- 4X Points Saturday: 4X Points this and every Saturday in February – that’s quadruple the benefits for your play!
- Ladies Only Poker Tournament Sunday: This has turned into quite a fun event every month and, guys, feel free to stop by and watch but please don’t offer any advice to the ladies. The last guy that did that is just now getting out of rehab but a full recovery is expected. Free brush-up and strategy lessons for the ladies start at 3 PM and the Ladies-Only No-limit Texas Hold'em Bounty Tourney throws cards starting at 4 PM. There’s a $40 buy-in with no re-buys and . . . just stop by and the staff will answer any questions.
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: These usually start off rather jovial . . . and they should because the buy-in is only $25 so no matter how you play or fare, next month’s mortgage payment can’t be on the line. As the field narrows to the final table, you’d think you were at the final round of the World Series of Poker. Laughter is nervous, anxiety becomes more obvious, and it all “breaks” with friendly chatter and congratulations when the winner is crowned and the top three finishers pocket their prize money. Sign up starts at 5 PM and cards fly at 6 PM.
- Penny Progressive Now Over $62,000: Here is a unique idea – after all, we had to come up with something when the jackpot hit an amount that might let you take a year off (CVI employees – disregard that last sentence). Today is Laugh and Get Rich Day. So, sit down at one of the Progressive Jackpot Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines and just start laughing. Nothing would make our PR folks’ day better than to have a laughing player club member “hit” this Jackpot today!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each!
- Thursday is National Pizza Day so we’re giving every a one day pass from Katie’s and CV Steak and recommending you head to Bodines Casino where we hand toss and freshly baked every pizza to order in a special one-use-only pizza oven. Good thing we have this ‘cause our Bodines crew cranks out a lot of pizzas as they contribute to the over 3 billion sold in the USA each year – and that’s not counting the umpteen zillion frozen pizzas sold! How close are you to the national average of just over 20 pounds of pizza per person per year? Seriously, don’t even think about it – just enjoy! Bodines pizzas can be ordered in the restaurant, the Casino Bar, the Sports Bar or to take-home!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions with a brandy cherry demi for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!