Annual Free Veteran’s Day Spaghetti Feed
Our 7th Annual Free Spaghetti Lunch for all Veterans and Active Military – plus one guest – is coming up on Veteran's Day, Saturday, November 11 in the Valley Ballroom from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All area Veterans and active military personnel are welcome - simply present your military ID and lunch for you and your guest is on the Carson Valley Inn! If you don't have your ID, just tell the host about your service to our country and they’ll welcome you anyway! Lunch includes fresh tossed garden salad with cherry tomatoes, croutons, parmesan cheese and Italian Dressing; spaghetti with choice of marinara sauce or Bolognese (meat sauce); garlic bread and assorted cookies.
Dawna M. won $15,572 last week when she hit the Grand Jackpot on our bank of Cash Locomotive Slots. Dawna had just dropped her husband off at work and stopped in to try her luck. She was all smiles and quite excited when handed her cash winnings which she said will be used to pay off some bills and help cover an upcoming trip.
November Promotions Start
Our November Promotions start today and more details can be found in the In the Casino section below regarding our Wednesday Ladies’ Nights, Free Gifts Thursdays, Friday Harvest Cash and Free Play Giveaways, 5X Points Saturdays and more! Plus later this month check our blog to find out how you can get a Free Pumpkin Pie on November 22nd.
Thanksgiving at the Inn - Or at Home!
Thanksgiving Day dinner specials will be served along with our regular menus in CV Steak and Katie's Country Kitchen plus we’re also offering our popular Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for Up to Ten.
- CV Steak is open Thanksgiving Day from 2:00 p.m. with two featured Thanksgiving dinner specials. The Wood-Roasted Diestel Tom Turkey special is served with giblet pan gravy, sage apple herbed bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with pecans and spiced maple sauce, fresh vegetables and Grand Marnier cranberry relish for $26. The Garlic Studded Prime Rib of Beef special is served with creamed apple horseradish sauce and choice of double-stuffed baked potato, au gratin potatoes or giant baked potato for $29. Both CV Steak Thanksgiving dinner specials include holiday soup or tableside tossed salad, fresh sourdough baguette and creamery butter. CV Steak reservations are strongly recommended for Thanksgiving Day; please call 775-783-6650. As with all holidays, the CV Steak Sunset Special will not be served on Thanksgiving.
- Katie's Country Kitchen is offering a Roasted Tom Turkey special from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. This traditional Thanksgiving Dinner is served with giblet gravy, herbed bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, fresh vegetables, cranberry sauce, choice of fresh garden green salad or corn and cheddar cheese chowder, bakery-fresh bread and pumpkin pie – all for $14.99 ($7.99 for children under 10).
- Our Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to Ten includes a fully-cooked 18 - 20 pound turkey plus all the trimmings including mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans amandine, cranberry sauce, a pumpkin pie, rolls and butter all for just $89.00 plus tax. Orders may be placed anytime up to noon on Tuesday, November 21 (or until sold out) at the Katie's cashier counter or call 775-783-6664 and ask for the Katie's supervisor. Pick up is at your requested time between 10 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The turkey will be hot and the rest is cooked and will simply need re-heating per the enclosed instructions.
What Time Is It? Depends Where you Look!
30 years ago when Daylight Saving Time ended in the fall it took just a few minutes to twist the hands back on the three or four clocks in your house (and possibly one in your car back then). Fast forward to this coming weekend and start thinking about the number of timekeeping devices that are affected: in the kitchen there's your oven, microwave, the coffee maker and possibly the refrigerator. Those probably have to be set manually. Fortunately, most of year personal electronic devices will reset automatically: the smart phone, your tablet, your laptop or desktop computers, step tracker and more. Same with the cable or satellite system and the associated time displays. Still have an answering machine on your home phone? That may or may not reset automatically. How about the timers on your sprinkler system or any devices set to turn lights on or off in your home? Better check your automobiles: most of those clocks still need to be reset automatically. After you have spent most of Sunday morning double checking all of this, we invite you to come on down to the Carson Valley Inn for breakfast, or lunch, or football viewing or, if it's later in the day, the Chandler Chicken Dinner in Katie's from 2 to 10 PM.
It’s all About Eating Here or Working Here!
- Thursday is Men Make Dinner Day. The "rules" allude to men supposedly having to actually prepare dinner at home. However since the creators of this day are not known, nor is the date when it originated known, we say to the men, "Make reservations at CV Steak by calling 775-783-6650!" And if you really want to stretch your luck (and probably get clobbered!) claim the reason for the dinner out is to recognize Housewife's Day on Friday!
- Friday is Sandwich Day which is of special note to us gaming business folks. Seems John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich was a heavy gambler who often spent many long hours in London's gambling parlors. As the story continues, he purportedly created the sandwich by putting meat between two pieces of bread which helped him remain at the gambling table for long periods of time. Those “gambling hall” days are in the past, but the sandwich has flourished and we offer plenty of choices in Katie’s here at the CVI, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey’s Casino and in the Bodines Casino restaurant.
- Monday is Job Action Day. We invite you to consider joining the CVI team by checking out our current job openings on our website or by calling our job hotline at 775-783-9711 and pushing the “3” key.
- Monday is Nachos Day and we invite you go either macho or bodacious: Katie's Macho Nachos include refried beans, cheese sauce, sliced jalapeños, diced tomatoes, green onions and black olives. Add chicken breast or beef for a small extra charge. Bodines Bodacious Nachos is tortilla chips smothered with homemade chili, cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream.
|A Football Themed Cornhole Game is Included |
in Our Ultimate Tailgate Package Prize
Football and Other Sports Info
- Our Guys' Picks: Alan’s perfect picks last week propelled him up the overall standings. This week Alan’s will take the Eagles –8 against the Broncos and the Wildcats +7 at the USC Trojans. Greg will take the improving UNR team +22 at Boise St and Iowa St. +2 ½ at West Virginia. Mike’s lock of the week is UNLV –8 against the Rainbows, he’ll lean on Texas A&M +15 against Auburn.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro and College football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $3,422 this week. Cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with $160 each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. This coming Monday we’re giving away $60 for each of the first three quarters and the final score . . . earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on the World Series, Pro and College Football, NHL Hockey, NBA Basketball, Horse Racing (The Breeders' Cup races this weekend) and this weekend’s NASCAR AAA Texas 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway. Futures on the board include winners for the 2017 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2018 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines and Sharkey’s) can be cashed at any of the three locations.
|Whiskey Maiden Free in Our Cabaret Lounge this Weekend|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Chris Twomey tonight, Whiskey Maiden Thursday - Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Roem Baur Tuesday and Wednesday. Chris Twomey’s roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock - from 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next! Whiskey Maiden is a premiere country/rock/pop act featuring modern music, high energy performance & nonstop dance floor filling song selections. Fronted by the charismatic & soaring vocals of Sandy Nuyts, the members are highly skilled musicians that have performed with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Neil McCoy, Hootie & the blowfish, Edwin McCain & many more National & International artists. Roem Baur is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer. He ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll and has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC's The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings.
- Friday Harvest Giveaways Drawings: Join us at 5, 7 & 9 PM for up to $10,000 in Cash and Free Play!
- Monthly Ladies’ Only Poker Tournament Sunday: The cards start flying at 4 PM in the Poker Room . . . and refresher lessons are on the docket starting at 3 PM.
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s five times the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday's special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday, it's Braised Buffalo Short Ribs, American Bison short ribs braised and slow cooked in natural pan sauce for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!