|Gather Your Family & Friends for Pictures in this Christmas Setting|
Christmas Week at the Inn
- Any Day This Week:
- Stop by our hotel lobby and take pictures in front of the decorative Christmas display of trees, lights, presents, wreaths and more surrounding the fireplace. While there is no truth that our Christmas Music includes songs like “Tweetin’ Around The Christmas Tree” or “I’m Dreaming of a Facebook Check-In” or “Frosty the Photo Bomber,” we would appreciate you making us part of your social media posts by checking in or tagging us #carsonvalleyinn so we can see and maybe share your posts.
- Candy Cane Lane is lit-up nightly to get or keep you and the kids in the Christmas spirit. Enter under the big electronic sign near our RV Park and drive through slowly while listening to the accompanying music on 89.9 FM.
- A Christmas Bonus You’ll Never Forget:
- Italian Day in Katie’s: Three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
|This Pathfinder is One of Our |
Thursday VIP Hot Seat Prizes
- VIP Gifts: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings. We’ll be giving away an Apple iPad at the 8 PM drawing and a Vizio Sound Bar System, a Pathfinder High Power Rechargeable Speaker and a Sony Personal Audio System at the earlier drawings. All would make an excellent Christmas present for a friend or family member – or yourself!
- CV Steak Mix Grill Special: a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26.
- Giveaway Drawings and More: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for a guaranteed $10,000 in Cash and Free Play this Friday between the CVI and Sharkey’s. Then stick around and rack up your points stash as INN Club members earn 5X Points Friday from 8 PM to midnight.
- Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp dinner Special in Katie’s for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Game Special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions with a brandy cherry demi and sundried cherries for $32 from 4:30 PM.
- $15,000 All-Cash Giveaways: It’s the Grand Prize Giveaways in our December Holiday Cash & FreePlay promotion with $15,000 in cash to be given away between CVI and Sharkey’s. Want in on a shot at all $15,000? CVI drawings are at 4, 6 & 8 PM and Sharkey’s drawings are at 3, 5 & 7 PM and it’s only 1.5 miles and 4 minutes between ‘em! Look at it as our way of celebrating Festivus – without the aluminum pole or wrestling the head of the household (Seinfeld fans will get it)!
- 4X Points: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp dinner Special in Katie’s for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Garlic Studded Prime Rib dinner special in CV Steak for $26 from 4:30 PM.
- Sunday – Christmas Eve:
- Chandler Chicken Dinner special in Katie’s for $5.99 from 2 PM.
- King Crab Legs Special in CV Steak for $32
- Sports Book special hours are 8 AM to 3 PM today and NBA lines for Christmas Day will be posted today.
|Enjoy Christmas Dinner at the CVI!|
- Monday – Christmas Day:
- 5X Points: That’s quintuple the benefits for your play all day on Christmas Day!
- Sports Book special hours are 11 AM until . . . depends on the action on the Raiders-Eagles MNF game.
- Poker Room opens at 4 PM today.
- Christmas Day Dining at the Inn: Both CV Steak and Katie’s are serving their regular menus plus holiday specials on Christmas Day. Here’s a link to the Christmas Day Specials in both restaurants.
- Tuesday – December Scratcher Drawings: This is for our many INN Club members who received the December monthly mailer. Want to qualify for these mailers in the future? Be sure to use your INN Club card whenever you play in the casino and ask any of our Guest Services staff how it works.
|Takes Two to Drive This Colossal Slot!|
Diamonds for Christmas?
With all due respect to the marketing and clever catchphrases done by the traditional jewelry stores and chains in the months leading up to Christmas, we have our own suggestion: the new Colossal Diamonds slot outside of Katie's provides a casino-lovers alternative romantic bonding experience. The two of you can sit down together, hold hands or snuggle while playing the game together, and use your winnings to buy large or small diamond(s) appropriate to the occasion and your personalities!
Our Usual Tidbits
- If you missed the details in last week’s blog here is a link to all the information on our Gift Cards including how and where our gift cards can be used, how you can buy or reload a gift card and other gift card related information.
- Thursday is French Fried Shrimp Day. Not that fried shrimp lovers need a prod, but a Fried Shrimp Platter is served daily in Katie’s from 4 PM and Katie’s Friday and Saturday night Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp dinner special is another way to jump in!
- Monday is National Pumpkin Pie Day. We make ‘em just about daily in our bakery during November and December and you can enjoy a slice in Katie’s for dessert, or take home a whole pie from the Katie’s Bakery Counter. Always good to order the whole pies in advance around this time of year as we sometimes run out due to unpredictable demand patterns.
- Tuesday is Thank You Note Day. Thank You for reading our blog and Thank You for your business!
On the Sports Front
- Our Guys Picks: A disappointing week for the Crew going 2 & 4 with their football picks. Alan (18-12) looks to rebound this week with the Falcons + 5½ in New Orleans and the Steelers -9 at the Texans. Mike (16-14) is taking two OVERS this week in predicting a high scoring Birmingham Bowl over 67 points between Texas Tech & South Florida and over 42½ in the Jaguars – 49er’s game. Greg (10-20) looks to continue his awful streak with the Browns +6½ at the Bears and the Bucs +10 at the Panthers.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro and College football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $4,228 this week. The parlay cards are just $5 each!
- Congratulations to Ken B who won the Ultimate Tailgate Party package during the Monday Night Football game earlier this week. He took home a haul that included NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise, a corn hole game, a few cases of beer and more. Actually, he really didn’t take it home as such . . . Greg delivered it all to his house yesterday!
- The Last Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room is this Monday and we’re giving away $93 for each of the first three quarters and the final score! Earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on Pro Football, NCAA Bowl Games, NHL Hockey, Pro and College Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship, 2018 NHL Stanley Cup and 2018 World Series.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Steve Lord tonight Live Entertainment Treat Thursday thru Saturday, Santa Silence on Sunday, NFL Football on Monday and John Palmore Tuesday and Wednesday. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord is a main stage West Coast performer. A man of a thousand songs, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. As for the Live Entertainment Treat on Thursday thru Saturday, our originally scheduled group had to cancel unexpectedly so our entertainment director, Rob Brooks, assembled a group of seasoned musicians who play with popular area bands such as Arizona Jones and The Revivals. This type of talent, when given the opportunity to jam, often provides an energy and enthusiasm that just can’t be planned or duplicated! And the Santa Silence group on Sunday? Just a strong suggestion from Santa that we keep the Cabaret Lounge dark on Christmas Eve so as not to interfere with sleigh navigation. John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!