New Year’ Eve Dining at the Inn
CV Steak and Katie's are serving their regular menus plus holiday specials on New Year’s Eve, Sunday, December 31 . . . please join us and be sure to see the In the Casino section below for more on New Year’s Eve:
- The New Year's Eve specials in CV Steak are a Trio of Tournedos (a blackened Filet Mignon with southwest au jus, a blue cheese topped Filet Mignon and a bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon) for $34 and Sake Marinated Salmon Filet served with a mild red curry cucumber salad and basmati rice for $35. As with all CV Steak entrees (except for the hearty pasta dishes), these specials include vegetable and choice of au gratin, twice-baked or baked potato plus tableside-tossed salad, sourdough baguette and creamery butter. CV Steak New Year's Eve reservations (starting at 4:30 PM) can be made by calling 775-783-6650. The Sunset Special will not be offered on New Year’s Eve but will be served on New Year’s Day.
- Katie's is offering a New York Strip Steak Special from 11 am on New Year’s Eve; a blue cheese encrusted New York Strip Loin with mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and choice of soup or house salad for $15.99. The Katie’s Sunday Chandler Chicken Dinner Special will also be served on December 31st from 2 to 10 p.m.
$99,000 – Someone Will Win It . . .
. . . But When Is Best?
|$99,000 for Someone - You?|
Here’s a question to take to your accountant in the next couple of days as you pester him or her with questions regarding the new tax laws going into effect for 2018: Would you be better off to win our $99,000 Penny Progressive Jackpot before the end of this year, or should you lay back and start pounding away on January 1? Or, are you like those of us who sit in the blog writing room and scream out, “Are You Kidding?!?! I’ll take it either year!” Last thing we’d do is wait a few days to play for it and find out someone else won it . . . but that’s just us.
Free Meals in January – On Us!
|Mondays and Wednesdays in January|
Here is an opportunity to enjoy a meal in Katie’s on us a couple of times a week during January – we're calling it Free Meal January and here’s how it works: Earn just 100 base points (that means before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday in January and then swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our January Player’s Menu. You have until the end the day Thursday in the same week your earned it to use your certificate and the Players Menu includes our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: Free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings. We’ll be giving away a Samsung SmartCam Home Security Camera, a Lasko Motion Heat Plus Ceramic Heater, an Ellia Aroma Diffuser and an HP Office Jet All in One Wireless Printer.
- Four Bowl Games Saturday: The Taxslayer, Liberty, Fiesta and Orange Bowls fill the day from 9 AM until almost 9 PM.
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
|Pop a Cork with Us Sunday Night!|
- Points, Pigskins, Pop Sounds and Popping Corks Sunday: Stop in New Year’s Eve Day for 4X points between 4 AM and 4 PM, catch the final 16 NFL Football Games of the season during the day, enjoy Free Live Entertainment and Dancing in the Cabaret Lounge from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., and a join us for a Free Champagne Toast at midnight.
- Free Meal Monday: It's such a good deal we included a whole article about this further above.
- Five Bowl Games Monday: Catch the traditional New Year’s Day NCAA Bowl Games (Outback, Peach, Citrus, Rose and Sugar) during the day and into the evening.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh herbs and served with natural duck jus for $28.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's New Year’s Eve Specials are at this link. The usual Sunday Night $32 One-Pound of King Crab Legs Special will be served on Monday, New Years Day this week. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Job's Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Our Usual Tidbits
- Friday is Tick Tock Day. If you are planning to make New Year's Resolutions, or have done so in the past, you might just take a minute to read about Tick Tock Day and consider starting sooner than New Year's Eve.
|Bacon Day - So Here's Bacon!|
- Saturday is Bacon Day. Being somewhat fascinated with the growth in popularity of bacon over the last few years we did a little research and our favorite finding is the preponderance of Bacon & Beer events (go ahead, Google it!). While we don’t have such an event planned, we do have plenty of bacon and beer at the CVI.
- Sunday is No Interruptions Day. So, turn off your phone, shut your office door, hold all calls, and ask your friends, family, and co-workers to let you focus for the day, even though you love them dearly. Wait . . . Sunday is also New Year's Eve, so scratch all those suggestions and work on your New Year's Resolutions if you didn’t handle them on Tick Tock Day. And what better way to ponder those resolutions while you are earning 4X Points on Dec. 31 from 4 AM to 4 PM!
- Monday is Bloody Mary Day. If you happen to be sitting at the Casino Bar or in the Cabaret Lounge watching a bowl game or trying to review in your mind your activities of the night before, take a look at our Bar Bites Menu . . . The $4.99 Breakfast Burrito includes a free Bloody Mary or Budweiser draft!
- Monday is Weigh In Day and Tuesday is Buffet Day. Seriously?! Isn't anyone monitoring this stuff!!
On the Sports Front
- Our Guys Picks: the boys went 4 - 2 last week which, if they could do every week, would result in new careers as professional sports bettors! Looking to continue the streak of good fortune, Mike (2-0 last week) is going with Wisconsin -1½ vs. Miami and Mississippi State +6 ½ against Louisville. Alan is on the Falcons -4 vs. the Panthers and Ohio State -7½ against USC. Greg is going full underdog with the Browns +13½ at the Steelers and the Jets +15½ at New England.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro Football and College football bowl games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $4,379 this week and all the NFL games are on Sunday. If no one wins this week, we’ll let the Jackpot grow and carry into the NFL playoffs when the props will get a little more interesting than just winner against the spread and over or under. The parlay cards are just $5 each!
- January 8 NCAA Championship Game Football Grid: Start earning squares in our Poker Room on New Year’s Day ‘cause we’re giving away $50 for each of the first three quarters and the final score! Earn entries during live poker games starting Monday, January 1 ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on Pro Football, NCAA Bowl Games, NHL Hockey, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl (selection gets smaller each week!), 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship, 2018 NHL Stanley Cup and 2018 World Series.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
John Palmore tonight, Justin Lee Thursday thru Saturday, The Lucky Seven Sunday, NCAA Bowl Games on Monday and Cliff and Dave Tuesday and Wednesday. John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists. A Night In The Country – Nevada’s largest country music festival – featured Justin Lee on the main stage prior to The Band Perry in 2015. Justin’s new album Where I Belong includes the single Like I've Fallen and here’s a link to the video, part of which was recorded in our TJ’s Corral. The Lucky Seven brings a mix of the freshest, modern music and favorites from recent decades. Their song choices, while all popular and mostly current, are refreshingly wide reaching and show the band's versatility. They are good friends, making good music, for good people. Cliff and Dave are powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread. The duo provides an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!