2018 Concerts in TJ’s Corral
Good news . . . we are wrapping up the last few details and by next Wednesday’s blog we will start announcing some of the artists and dates for our 2018 concert series in TJ’s Corral. Judging by the numerous emails, phone calls, social media messages and inquisitive looks, we know there is a lot of interest – so check back next week as we start revealing what's coming up!
Has This Happened to You?
|Gift Baskets Readily Available |
in Job's Perk
You’ve just arrived at the Carson Valley Inn for a weekend that includes visiting some friends in our area . . . and you realize you forgot a hostess gift. Or, you’re here at the CVI for lunch and just remembered it’s someone’s birthday back at the office. We may be able to help – read on . . .
A couple of us got in really early one day this week and stumbled up to Jobs Perk for a hot cup of wake-me-up coffee while we pondered what to write for this blog. As the coffee kicked in we started looking around, saw a few gift baskets, chatted with the ladies in Job’s Perk and found out some interesting information: turns out they’ve really ramped up what they can do in the way of Gift Baskets in Job’s Perk. Unless we just got hit by a panic buying spree, Job’s Perk has pre-made baskets on hand for those quick grab-and-go situations. If you’ll give us a few minutes, we can also custom assemble one for you in a variety of sizes with anything we have in Job’s Perk: wine, beer, non-alcoholic beverages, coffee, packaged food, CVI logoed items, etc. Anyway, the next time you need a last-minute gift, or just want to do something thoughtful, we may just be able to help!
Run, Lift, Repeat
|All New Fitness Equipment This Week!|
We know that overnight visitors to the Carson Valley Inn don’t come here with the intention of doing heavy workouts. However, judging by the wear and tear on the equipment we just removed, both the aerobic and weight equipment in the fitness room near our indoor pool get used quite regularly. So, as we were finishing up this week’s blog, we snapped the above pictures right after the installation of all new equipment: two ellipticals, two treadmills, a recumbent bike, a TRX Pro System (not shown) and a Paramount Multi Station with everything you need to tone all major muscle groups. The fitness room, indoor pool, and two large hot spas are available at no charge to all registered guests in our Hotel, Motor Lodge and RV Park daily from 6 AM to midnight.
Eagles & Ag This Weekend
A warm welcome to the 200+ participants in this weekend’s many sold-out tours, social events and workshops connected with the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 16th Annual Eagles & Agriculture event! We are honored to be associated with this prestigious annual celebration of a key part of Carson Valley’s heritage and wish all those in attendance a most pleasant weekend!
Cookies, Pastries, Coffee, Cake!
- Peanut Butter Day is today. Go immediately to Job’s Perk or the Katie’s Bakery Counter and buy some of our made-at-CVI Peanut Butter Cookies (nothing subliminal here!)
- Irish Coffee Day is Thursday. Bypass Job’s Perk and the Katie’s Bakery Counter and go to the Casino Bar, sit down, order an Irish Coffee and relax for a few minutes.
- Chocolate Cake Day is Saturday. You know our mantra by now: enjoy it by the slice in Katie’s or buy a full-size chocolate fudge cake at the Katie’s Bakery Counter and take it home to share with family and friends.
- Blueberry Pancake Day is Sunday. We’re making a weekend out of it with $5.99 Blueberry Pancakes laced with blueberries on Saturday and $5.99 Blueberry Pancakes topped with blueberries on Sunday – enjoy these specials in Katie’s from 7 to 11 AM.
- Croissant Day is Tuesday. Not normally on our menu of pastries (we have plenty) but we’ve added this tasty, buttery, crescent shaped, flakey puff pastry for Tuesday . . . and if they don’t sell out, we’ll bake ‘em for the next day or two.
- But Wait, There’s More! Our selection at the Katie’s Bakery Counter changed a wee bit this week. Here’s a link to what we currently offer.
In the Casino
|Free to First 150 Ladies Tonight|
- a free 3-Piece Salad Shaker Wine Country Gift Baskets
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesday: Earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday in January and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our January Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. You keep the points!
- Free Sweatshirt Thursday: We have a free CVI sweatshirt for you this Thursday as soon as you earn 150 points the same day. This week we have a light gray sweatshirt with bright royal trim and, as for those 150 points, you keep em!
- Free Cash & Free Play Friday: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for our Weekly Cash & Free Play Drawings. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- 4X Points Saturday: Use your INN Club card and quadruple the benefits of the points from your Saturday play!
- Scratcher Drawings Tuesday: the January drawings are at 6 and 8 PM and more information is available at our Guest Services counter.
- Free Toyota Corolla Giveaway: It’s on Saturday, February 10 and you’re racking
up a Golden Entry Ticket for this
car giveaway for every 500 points you earn up until then. Don’t need a new car?
We’ll give you a chance to opt for a cash payout if you wish.
Another Sweatshirt This Thursday
When You Earn 150 Points
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
On the Sports Front
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM again went untapped last Sunday so we will give away $5,000 on February 4! We’ll have a 15-pick card with the winner, over/under and 13 “props” for the Super Bowl and whoever picks the most of the 15 wins! Watch for more in next Wednesday’s blog.
- Place Your Bet: Two games this weekend for the football junkies to bet – Saturday’s Senior Bowl and Sunday’s Pro Bowl. This week you can also bet the Super Bowl, NHL Hockey, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing.
- Futures on the board include winners for the Daytona 500 (February 18), NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Jonathon “JB” Barton tonight, After Dark Band, Thursday thru Saturday, Cliff and Dave Sunday and Monday and Bill Wharton Tuesday and Wednesday. Jonathon “JB” Barton’s love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with this fun-loving group from the Gold Country and Hwy 88 corridor. With a great variety of rock and roll, country, blues and R & B their evening is filled with the songs you know and love! Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry who provide an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll. Local artist Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!