Valentine’s Day Dining at the Inn
Make CV Steak Reservations Now: 775-783-6650
We’ve all done it: We wait too long and then grow more and more frustrated as we call around looking for dinner reservations for Valentine’s Day. So, here’s a friendly nudge to read on and take action now!
- The big picture: both Katie's and CV Steak are offering their regular menu selections plus specials on Valentine's Day, Wednesday, February 14.
- The specials in CV Steak start with Châteaubriand for Two - roasted beef tenderloin carved tableside and served with béarnaise sauce and a Cabernet demi-glaze plus a special holiday dessert for two. The Grilled Salmon Oscar includes a salmon fillet served with crab meat, asparagus, béarnaise sauce and port wine glaze plus holiday dessert. Both specials include the CV Steak signature tableside tossed salad, sourdough baguette, creamery butter, and choice of twice-baked, baked or au gratin potatoes.
- Katie's is serving two Valentine’s Day specials; a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner and Angel Hair Pasta Shrimp Scampi.
- Get the hours, pricing and more details in the flyer at this link.
Eagles & Ag Last Call
This is more of a “Last Whimper” then a “Last Call” as there are only a few spots left for a couple of the functions connected with the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Eagles & Agriculture event on January 25 – 28. Many of the social/educational events are held here at Carson Valley Inn and the various tours start and finish here. For specific information on what is still available, click here.
Winter Sporting Clays Shoot
Winter Sporting Clays Shoot only five weeks away on February 22 – 24. We’re throwing in this reminder in case you were thinking about joining us and are not signed up yet as we will be ordering the special Sporting Clays long sleeve tees and patriotic-themed hats next week. If you’re on the fence about participating, all the information is on this combination flyer and entry form. The extended weekend - popular with both visitors and locals -includes two days of sporting clays plus food and beverage functions, drawings, prizes, buckles for the class winners (just about everyone has a shot) and, new this year, a special bracelet for the top-gun female. Whether you’re a competition shooter, a beginner or an “about once a year” shooter, we know you will enjoy this event! If you feel more comfortable asking your questions over the phone, call Bill at 775-783-6624. Sure hope you can make it!
Cheese, Chowder and Choice (of Pie)
- Cheese Lovers Day is Saturday, January 20. If you’re expecting us to start touting a fancy charcuterie tray with exotic cheeses, we’re just going to have to disappoint you. Turns out all we want you to do is be ready to let our servers know what kind of cheese you want on your cheeseburger: Swiss, jack, pepper jack, cheddar or American!
- New England Clam Chowder Day is Sunday, January 21. And let’s not confuse this with the “regular” clam chowder day which is actually February 25. Now for the Good News – Bad News approach: The Good News is the clam chowder at the Carson Valley Inn is made fresh the New England style way with milk, onions, celery, potatoes, chopped clams, a bunch of really tasty spices and more. And we certainly respect and abide by the 1939 bill introduced in the Maine legislature making tomatoes in clam chowder illegal. Now for the “Bad” News: while we make it fresh once a week, it’s on Friday mornings and we only serve it in Katie’s every Friday. So, you have to celebrate New England Clam Chowder Day a couple of days early!
- National Pie Day is Tuesday, January 23 according to the National Pie Council, and they must know! While we recognize there are hundreds of different types of pie, we stand ready to help you celebrate with one of the following which are all available in Katie’s by the slice or at the Katie’s Bakery by the whole pie: Apple, Peach, Lemon Meringue, Banana Cream, Chocolate Cream and, occasionally, Strawberry.
In the Casino
|This is Thursday's Free Sweatshirt |
when you Earn 150 Points
- a free Soup Mug with Lid
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesday: Earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday in January and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our January Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. You keep the points!
- Free Sweatshirt Thursday: We have a free CVI sweatshirt for you every Thursday in January as soon as you earn 150 points the same day. Again, you keep the points and this week it’s a gray hooded sweatshirt with red trim as pictured.
- Free Cash & Free Play Friday: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for our Weekly Cash & Free Play Drawings. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- 4X Points Saturday: Use your INN Club card and quadruple the benefits of the points from your Saturday play!
- Free Toyota Corolla Giveaway: It’s on Saturday, February 10 and you’re racking up a Golden Entry Ticket for this car giveaway for every 500 points you earn up until then. Don’t need a new car? We’ll give you a chance to opt for a cash payout if you wish.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is a pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
On the Sports Front
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during this Sunday’s AFC and NFC Championship Games and remember, we’ll be glad to bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat whether it be in the Cabaret Lounge or at the Cabaret Bar.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM climbed to $4,744 with no winner last week. This week’s Progressive Pro PK'EM parlay card has 15 props for the two Conference Championship games: the winner and over/under for each game plus 11 props. Just $5 per card, play as many cards as you like, pick all 15 and you win the jackpot. This week’s cut off is prior to the start of the first Sunday game.
- Place Your Bet: This week you can bet Saturday’s two NCAA Football All-Star Games, the Sunday Pro Football Playoff Games, NHL Hockey, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing.
- Lots of New Futures Posted this Week: Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl, Daytona 500 (February 18), NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
- Parlay Pondering: Wonder how much a $10 parlay played this week would pay if a guy named Johnson won both the Daytona 500 (Jimmie) and The Masters (Dustin)?
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Tyler Stafford tonight, Reckless Envy Thursday thru Saturday and Jonathon “JB” Barton Tuesday and Wednesday. Tyler Stafford is a homegrown talent (Reno), whose songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon. The versatility of Reckless Envy might just bring a heartfelt ballad such as Chris Stapleton’s version of “Tennessee Whiskey,” an authentic version of “Barracuda” by Heart, an entertaining rendition of Charlie Daniels’ “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” a guitar driven ZZ Top classic such as “Tush” or a dance song like Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.” The group includes Billy James Lassi (founder of the Midnight Riders) on lead vocals and acoustic guitar; accomplished violinist Virginia Bowman (Tahoe Symphony, Reno Philharmonic and Lubbock Symphony Orchestras) on fiddle, keyboard, lead and harmony vocals; and Keith Lindsey on lead guitar and vocals. Jonathon “JB” Barton’s love for a variety of musical styles is apparent in his selection of favorites from Van Morrison, CCR, Hank Williams, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Eagles and many more. Come out and sing along!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!