We can’t help but think about how green and lush our area golf courses will be after all of the steady but gentle “soak the ground” rain we’ve received during the last week. Good reason to roll out the details on our Spring Stag Golf Outing at the end of April. This 36-hole scramble with blind bogie scoring serves as our unofficial kickoff to the 2018 golf season which will see almost 100 different golf groups visit the Carson Valley Inn and play our areas courses. This year the two rounds of the Spring Stag will be at the Golf Club at Genoa Lakes and Toiyabe Golf Club (formerly Thunder Canyon and originally Lightning W). There’s a Thursday evening reception, golf on Friday and Saturday, a Saturday banquet and more . . . click here for more info or call Greg at 775-783-6615.
Are You Part of this
$5 Million Plus We Paid Out?
$5 Million Plus We Paid Out?
Actually, the amount is significantly in excess of Five Million Dollars but our accounting folks don’t want us publishing exact figures – actually it’s our marketing people, but that’s beside the point. Anyway, were talking about the total amount of Jackpots that we paid out during 2017 that triggered IRS reporting. This doesn’t count the millions more in payouts that fell under the reporting threshold . . . but again we’re straying from the point. If you won one of those reportable jackpots (if you did, we gave you a W-2G), you no doubt will be looking for a win-loss statement from the CVI for your gaming activity here during calendar year 2017. We can help you with that information on all gaming for which you used your INN Club card while playing. However, there are only three ways you can make your request and they are explained on the form at this link. And please, for security purposes, we cannot send these reports by email. The request for these reports seem to come in heavy at the various tax deadlines, so we suggest you get the process started very soon and not get caught in the last minute rush.
Eating Chicken Pays Off
|Elizabeth Came in For Chicken Dinner, Left with $10,000+|
Double Blue Skies Thursday and Friday
It's just 9 months until the Blue Angels headline the 2018 Aviation Roundup at Minden -Tahoe Airport on October 13 & 14 but the planning is well underway. While the “Blues” undergo vigorous winter training 500 miles south at Naval Air Facility El Centro, the United States Navy flight demonstration squadron's Event Coordinator and Narrator will be arriving at Minden this Thursday in one of the team's trademark dark blue F/A-18C Hornets for advance planning meetings and media interviews.
- Friday is Peach Melba Day. Closest we can come is Peach Pie which is one of the many pies, cakes and other pastries we make daily in our own bakery.
- Tuesday is Appreciate a Dragon Day and we were amazed to find out how many slots we have at the CVI with some type of a Dragon theme. There are a few different Dragon’s Law penny machines and the Dragon’s Law Twin Fever is an option on a few other slots. We have Dragon Link, Forbidden Dragons, The Great Pyramid games with a Dragon theme and also found Ultra Stack Dragon slots. We stopped looking when someone told us we were being watched by Puff the Magic Dragon!
In the Casino
- a Lunch Container with a Fork/Knife
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesday: Lot’s of folks are catching on to this one . . . earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday in January and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our January Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. And . . . you keep the points!
- Free Sweatshirt Thursday: We’ll warm you up with a free CVI sweatshirt every Thursday (different color each week) in January as soon as you earn 150 points the same day. Again, you keep the points.
- 4X Points Saturday: Use your INN Club card and earn quadruple your benefits from your Saturday play!
- Free Cash & Free Play Friday: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for our Weekly Cash & Free Play Drawings. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Free Toyota Corolla Giveaway: this one isn’t until Saturday, February 10 but you’re accumulating a Golden Entry Ticket for this car giveaway for every 500 points you earn up until then. Don’t need a new car? Don’t worry, we’ll give you a chance to opt for a cash payout if you wish.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Rack (4) of Venison with cherry brandy demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's New Year’s Eve Specials are at this link. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
On the Sports Front
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all NFL Playoff Games and remember, we’ll be glad to bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat whether it be in the Cabaret Lounge or at the Cabaret Bar.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM climbed to $4,621 with no winner last week. This week’s Progressive Pro PK'EM parlay card has 15 props for the 4 NFL Divisional Playoff games on Saturday and Sunday: the winner and over/under for each of the four games plus seven props. The procedure remains the same: it’s just $5 per card, play as many cards as you like, pick all 15 and you win the jackpot. This week’s cut off is prior to the start of the first Saturday game.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on the Saturday and Sunday Pro Football Playoff Games, NHL Hockey, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl, NCAA Basketball Championship, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
- Sports and Race Betting: You can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Carolyn Dolan and Big Red tonight, Just Us Thursday thru Saturday and Tyler Stafford Tuesday and Wednesday. Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. For the last fifteen years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red. Just Us is a unique group of musicians who decided to blend together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. Aladdin handles lead vocal and percussions. He is joined by Les Carter on vocals and drums, Phil Weaver on vocals and guitar and Fred Williams on bass. Tyler Stafford is a homegrown talent (Reno), whose songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of a John Lennon ballad.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!