Job Fair September 11
We’re actively hiring for all four of our properties, the Carson Valley Inn in Minden, Sharkey’s Casino in Gardnerville, and Bodines Casino and SlotWorld Casino in Carson City. We have both part-time and full-time positions available and we’d like to talk with you at our Job Fair on Tuesday, September 11 from 3 to 7 PM in the CVI Convention Center. Not trained in the area in which you have an interest? No problem. If you have enthusiasm and an outgoing personality, we’ll train you for the job!
Part -Time: Perhaps you’re back in school and want a part-time job that fits your schedule? Perhaps your kids are back in school and you’d like to work a few hours a day? Perhaps you are retired and miss the social interaction that working with the public provides? Perhaps you have a full time job and would like part time work to subsidize your income or save for a special project or purchase?
Full-Time: This is your opportunity to investigate our growing company for positions in all hospitality industry areas including food and beverage, hotel, casino, accounting, administrative, and more. Many of our current supervisors and managers started in entry-level positions – that’s what happens in a growing company and we would like to tell you more!
Department representatives will be at the Job Fair doing interviews and will be extending job offers to successful applicants. Want to shortcut the process? Stop at the Carson Valley Inn HR Department any time between now and September 11 or click on this link and download a fillable PDF job application. You can save it, complete the info, print it, and bring it with you to the Job Fair (or before if you wish).
Will 38 Special be "Caught Up in You"
on Friday, September 21?
“Caught Up In You” is one of 38 Special’s classic songs, first released on the band’s album in 1982. Written by Don Barnes, Jeff Carlisi and Jim Peterik, this is just one of the group’s many hits you’ll hear in TJ’s Corral on Friday, September 21 when 38 Special closes out our 2018 concert season. You can buy tickets on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
Seems like there’s always something being remodeled or refreshed here at the Carson Valley Inn. This week, it’s the Banquet Department’s turn as new carpet is being installed in both the Valley Ballroom and West Wing of our convention center. We’ve also done quite a bit of updating in most of our hotel rooms in the last few months and we’ll be putting the finishing touches on many of the rooms (and posting pictures) as soon as business slows down this fall. We have a few other surprises coming this winter and you’ll read about it here in our weekly blog.
Following up on the information we had in last week’s blog, this is a reminder that the United Blood Services Blood Drive is in our west parking lot under the big electronic sign this Thursday from noon to 6 PM. You can still schedule ahead at this link or just show up and the Bloodmobile folks will get you processed as soon as they can!
Just for Fun
|Mini Boston Creme Pie (l) and Mini Lemon Meringue Pie (r)|
- Tomorrow is Slinky Day. We just thought some of our readers would like to know this factoid!
- Any Day is perfect to stop by our Katie’s Bakery Counter and take home one of our Mini Boston Crème Pies or Mini Lemon Meringue Pies. No one has to know . . .
- Tuesday marks the 20 year anniversary of the formation of Google. Want to verify this info? Google It!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Complete Bath/Shower Set for the first 150 ladies and Bath & Body Works Baskets as
- 34th Birthday Giveaway Grand Prize Drawings Thursday and Friday: Join us at 6 and 8 PM for $10,000 Guaranteed in cash and FreePlay over the two nights between CVI and Sharkey’s.
- Labor Day Points Bonus Monday: 6X Points on Reels, 3X Points on Video Poker all day on Labor Day.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Regular Season NCAA Football, the last week of NFL Preseason Football, Major League Baseball, WNBA Playoff Games, Canadian Football League, Sunday’s NASCAR Bojangles’ Southern 500 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- Thursday is College Colors Day. With a dozen FBS Division I-A games on the Thursday schedule, and all 32 NFL teams completing their preseason in Thursday games, whatever color you have in your wardrobe should be just fine as you catch the football action in our Cabaret Lounge and Casino Bar areas!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday its Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh herbs for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Carolyn Dolan tonight, Buddy Emmer Band Thursday thru Sunday and Chris Twomey Rollins Monday thru next Wednesday. Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. For the last fifteen years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red. A longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit the Buddy Emmer Band’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Chris Twomey has roots deep into a genre of folk-rock; from 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!