Welcome, Bently Heritage
Activity around the Bently Heritage Estate Distillery has been heavy this week as they get closer and closer to opening to the public this weekend. We join the entire Carson Valley in welcoming this world-class business to our community and we’re especially pleased to have them located just steps from our front door on “our side of the street!” To learn more about this incredible transformation, check this article recently published by Edible Reno-Tahoe Magazine and for information on tours of Bently Heritage click here.
Mother’s Day Weekend Package
It’s not too soon to start thinking about plans for Mother’s Day . . . And here’s one idea you might start considering: our Mother’s Day Weekend Hotel Package is a great way to treat your Mom, Grandma, Wife or Mother-in-Law to a getaway at the Carson Valley Inn! Enjoy two nights’ accommodations, dining credit and a special chocolate gift on arrival! Click here for all the details.
We know this question is on your mind and we think we may be able to give you an answer. It all has to do with “Sister” who was last at the CVI to talk about Late Night Catechism. We’ve heard rumors she’ll be back in April around Easter and we’ll have more about that in next week’s blog!
|Game Wasn't Boring for Karen & Mark!!|
About Last Sunday’s Game
- Boring is in the Eye of the Beholder: Our guess is that Karen and Mark, weekend guests in for our Super Bowl Party in the Valley Ballroom, really didn’t have a feel one way or another about the game being boring. While they were here, they won slot jackpots of $1,200 and $10,408!
- $5,000 Progressive Pro PK’EM: Three people are going to each be $1,667 happier when they bring in their Pro PK’EM tickets from the Super Bowl game - that’s how many picked 13 out of the 15 prop bets correctly. No one picked more than 13 correctly and quite a few picked 12 correctly. All three of the tickets with 13 correct pics were sold at the Carson Valley Inn so bring ‘em in to the CVI Sports Book with your ID and we’ll verify the ticket and then walk you to Guest Services to collect your cash winnings!
- Prop Bets: The first of our many prop bets was decided at the coin toss when Tails came up for, get this, the fifth time in the last six years! And the last prop was determined when Julian Edelman was named MVP making a few of our customers quite happy as he paid 25 to 1. And one man almost made his wife ecstatic with one of the prop bets. She had insisted he place a bet on “no team scoring a touchdown” during the game. Being a good husband, he put down the $10 and into the fourth quarter it looked like he might just have a most unlikely winner. Those 100 to 1 odds would’ve made for a happy wife, happy life!
Links to Useful Information!
- Valentine’s Day Dining: At the CVI, CV Steak and Katie’s will be offering their regular menus plus these Valentine’s Day Specials. The Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s is also offering its regular menu plus two Valentine’s Day specials from 4 to 10 PM.
- Employment Opportunities: We are hiring at the Carson Valley Inn and Sharkey’s Casino here in Carson Valley and at Bodines Casino and SlotWorld Casino in Carson City. In our business, the "dull moments" are few and the "I thought I'd seen everything" moments keep the job lively! Get all the openings at all four locations by clicking here!
- 2018 Win/Loss Statements: Have you started your taxes and need a Win/Loss statement from one or more of our casinos? Download this form to make your request. We can provide you with a report for the play recorded while you used your Player’s Club card.
- Gift Cards: We're not suggesting a Carson Valley Inn Card be your first priority for a Valentine’s Day gift, but it just might make a nice inclusion into a Valentine’s Day Card! You can buy them in any denomination up to $500 and they are for sale at our hotel desk. Click here for all the information on how they can be used.
Some Special Days
- Friday is Laugh & Get Rich Day. We don’t know how rich you’ll get, but it might be a good day to try your luck at one of our $tinkin’ Rich video slots!
- Saturday is Pizza Day. Celebrate it as you may, but we’re heading to Bodines Casino for one of their made-to-order pizzas fresh-baked in Bodines’ special brick pizza oven!
- Monday is Plimsoll Day dedicated to the man who made commercial sailing safer. You can harken back to the old days of sailing by playing one of our Shake Your Booty, Jolly Roger or Treasure Voyage video slots! Or, you can support shipping by going shopping! We don’t make this stuff up, it's actually one of the suggested ways to celebrate Plimsoll Day as covered at this link!
- Monday is also Get Out Your Guitar Day. Good reason to remind you that, now that the NFL season is over, we are back to live entertainment seven nights a week in the Cabaret lounge where the most commonly seen instrument is definitely the guitar!
- Tuesday is Lost Penny Day. You can “find your penny” by jumping onto one of our two giant Bubble Gum videos and putting the penny in the “good luck” slot during the bonus round. Or you can really make a splash by winning the jackpot on our 4-property Penny Progressive!
This Week in the Casino
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a free Tea Kettle for the first 150 ladies and Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. You’ll also enjoy games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for ladies playing in the casino.
- Friday & Saturiday: drawings at 5, 7 & 9 PM both nights in our Cars and Cash Giveaways Promotion.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots - watch your points grow at quadruple the normal rate!
- Ladies Only Poker Tournament Sunday: Usually on the first Sunday of each month, we're doing it a week later this month due to last week’s big football game. Always interesting as the ladies take over the tournament table to match card smarts among themselves! The fun starts at 4 PM in the Poker Room.
- Hot Seats Monday: INN Club members, be sure to use your card while playing in the casino as we’ll have hot seat drawings hourly from 11 AM to 8 PM with the chance to win up to $500 each time.
- And at the Sports Book:
- On the Cabaret and Casino Screens: Plenty of sports to watch with NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Place your bets on all of these events plus the Daytona 500 at the Sports & Race Book.
- Looking Ahead: Futures include winners of the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NBA Championship, the 2019 World Series and the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken Chasseur for $6.99. The Thursday special is a Turkey Plate for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday we feature Hungarian Goulash, pasta tossed together with ground beef & simmered in a rich tomato sauce for $6.99. Tuesday's special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice for $6.99.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak.for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Elk Medallions for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf bread.
Tany Jane tonight, Decoy Thursday thru Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday and Steve Lord Tuesday and Wednesday. Tany Jane plays a wide variety of music from many different genres and time periods, everything from old country to today's hits. Decoy is one of Northern Nevada's leading cover bands known for their high-energy shows, excellent vocals and varied song list. An evening with Decoy includes the hits of artist such as Patsy Cline, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bruno Mars, Lynard Skynard, Cee Lo Green, Miranda Lambert, Sublime, Zach Brown Band, Led Zepplin, Journey, and more. Rock River is Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band presenting an evening of blues and other music! Steve Lord is a guitarist with dynamic vocals and a thousand songs performing an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!