- The $5,000 Progressive Pro PK'EM will be won this week! Our 15-pick card on Sunday’s game has the winner, over/under and 13 “props” such as first or last team to score, largest lead, margin of victory, etc. You can play this $5 card as often as you’d like at CVI, Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Casino and Slot World Casino. Whoever picks the most out of 15 wins the $5,000 Jackpot and any ties will be split! Be sure to hang on to your ticket because just like those lottery jackpot winners you read about, we do not know who has the winning ticket(s) – it’ up to you to check in with us starting Tuesday when the books open in our 4 casinos. As for those “giant” Super Game progressive jackpots advertised elsewhere: Just a friendly reminder there are thousands of players wagering at a few hundred locations around Nevada. We like our odds much better with just four casinos!
- So Who Will Throw More Touchdown Passes? Heck if we know . . . but we do know there are dozens of different proposition bets you can make on the Super Bowl at our sports book and all are related to the game itself. Will so-and-so score a touchdown? Will this person have more or less than 82.5 pass receiving yards? Which team will score first? How will they score? And so on. Six pages of money line bets plus 20+ different players to pick at different odds as to whether they will win the MVP or be the first to score a touchdown in the game!
- Halftime Wagering: If you don’t like the way the first half turns out based on your initial bets . . . or if you just have a gut feel about the second half, don’t pass up the opportunity to stop by the Sports Book at halftime. So many “fortunes” (OK, so this word is somewhat over-dramatic) were swung one way or another during halftime of the 2017 Super Bowl. In case you forgot, the Patriots came back from a seemingly insurmountably 28 – 9 halftime disadvantage to win 34 – 28. Tom Brady threw for 466 yards that year – do you remember the other Patriot who threw a pass (the pass fell incomplete)?
- $200 Super Sunday Football Grid in Our Poker Room: Win squares by making a Full House or higher in live action Texas Hold’ em or any hand of Tens Full or higher in Pineapple or Omaha. Grid numbers will be drawn on Sunday, February 4 when the board is full and the payout is $50 each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and for final score. You don’t have to be present to win, but winners do need to pick up your cash by the end of the business day Monday.
- You Can’t Escape It Sunday! Everywhere you look the game will be on . . . . from the big screen in our Cabaret Lounge to one of the many HD screens in the Casino, the Cabaret Lounge, the Casino Bar, the Table Games, the CV Steak Bar and in the Poker Room.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during the game in the Cabaret Lounge, at the Cabaret Bar and at the CV Steak Bar. If you get the munchies, we’ll be glad to bring your bar bites order to you at your seat!
- Drawings After the Game: Stop in the casino after the game for Hot Seat Drawings with the chance to win up to $1,000. Use your INN Club card while playing to be eligible!
Kenny Rice Started a Radio Show
Kenny Rice is a seasoned sportscaster who has appeared on ESPN, NBC, NBCSN and Mark Cuban’s HDNet. Best known for his horse racing reporting and coverage, he recently started The Kenny Rice Horse Racing Show. Who did he pick to be on his very first show when it debuted earlier this month? Mike Pegram, long-time horse racing icon and owner of the Carson Valley Inn, Bodines Casino, Sharkey’s Casino and SlotWorld Casino. Click the video image above for a peek into Mike's "take" on horse racing!
Last week we detailed Valentine’s Day Dining at the CVI which includes regular menus in CV Steak and Katie’s plus these Valentine’s Day Specials. Hopefully you are among the many who “got the message” and already made reservations in CV Steak! The Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s is also offering its regular menu plus two $14.99 Valentine’s Day specials from 4 to 10 PM: A Caprese Top Sirloin Steak and Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa. Both of these complete dinners include choice of soup or salad.
The annual Father/Daughter Sweetheart Dance is this Saturday at the Community Center and Sharkey's Jackpot Cafe is running a pre-dance special from 4 to 6 PM for daughter and dad! Just $20 includes choice of soup or salad and non-alcoholic beverages for both. Dad chooses his entrée from Meatloaf, Chicken Parmesan, Pork Chops or Salmon; daughter chooses from Spaghetti and Meatballs, Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese or Chicken Tenders ‘n’ Fries.
Anyone with a daughter will certainly relate to this short tidbit from our friends at The Change Companies in one of their Leading with Heart postings.The writers’ daughter overheard her parents’ conversation about Small Plates and her subsequent comments took them down a most unexpected path. It’s a one-minute read and we’re sure you will get a chuckle!
And Speaking of Small Plates
We do have a few guests who take the Small Plate approach to dinner in CV Steak. It works something like this: They start by each enjoying a selection from our Specialty Martini Menu. A tableside tossed salad comes next along with choosing a bottle of wine that seems fitting for the evening. They then “split” three or four appetizers and top it off with two of our scrumptious desserts. Kind of reminds you of the couple mentioned in the article link above from The Change Companies!
|Carrot Cake - We Make 'Em Here!!|
- Saturday is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. We are not a big fan of ice cream for breakfast but we understand that some people may enjoy this approach. So, here's a way to mix an early AM ice cream fetish with the traditional approach: ask for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on your stack of pancakes in Katie's! Sure, the server may look at you funny, but there is no reason why we can't do it for you!
- Sunday is Carrot Cake Day. We make ‘em here in our Bakery and you can enjoy anytime by the slice in Katie’s . . . or take home a whole Carrot Cake from the Katie’s Bakery Counter!
- Monday is Homemade Soup Day. Don’t feel like making soup at home? We’ve got the perfect answer to these chilly winter days: two housemaid soups served every day in Katie’s – we make them here, and not from a can or packaged mix.
- Monday is Stuffed Mushroom Day. We got thinking about the fact that stuffed mushrooms are traditionally mushroom caps stuffed with a mixture of the mushroom stems, cheese and spices. We don't serve stuffed mushrooms as such, but there is a great mushrooms stuffing in the Mushroom Ravioli available in CV Steak as an appetizer or an entrée!
This Week in the Casino
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Spatula Set for the first 150 ladies and Pampered Chef Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. You’ll also enjoy games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for ladies playing in the casino. And tonight is also our Sock Hop Dress-Up Contest with prizes for the top themed outfits and free drawing prize entries for everyone who makes an effort to dress up in the Sock Hop theme.
- 4X Points Daytime Wednesdays: 4X Points from 4 AM to 4 PM so be sure to use your INN Club card and build up your points benefits rapidly!
- Thursday & Friday: $20,000 Grand Prize Giveaways in our January Cash & Trips promotion with drawings at 6 & 8 PM both nights.
- Friday Bonus Multiplier Day: 5X Points on Video Reels and 3X Points on Video Poker from 5 AM to 5 PM.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots - watch your points grow at quadruple the normal rate!
- Hot Seats Monday: INN Club members, be sure to use your card while playing in the casino as we’ll have hot seat drawings hourly from 11 AM to 8 PM with the chance to win up to $500 each time.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken Chasseur for $6.99. The Thursday special is a Turkey Plate for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10 PM. Monday we feature Hungarian Goulash, pasta tossed together with ground beef & simmered in a rich tomato sauce for $6.99. Tuesday's special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice for $6.99.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak for $26. This Friday it’s Braised Buffalo Short Ribs for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – table side tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Cliff & Dave Duo tonight, Arizona Jones Thursday thru Sunday, and Tany Jane next Monday thru Wednesday. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread They provide an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll. Arizona Jones puts their rockin' spin on classic R& B hits from the 60's and 70's playing the hits from Aerosmith and Amy Winehouse to Wilson Pickett and ZZ Top . . . and many artists in between. With Arizona Jones, you never know who'll be singing louder, the audience or the band. Tany Jane plays a wide variety of music from many different genres and time periods, everything from old country to today's hits.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!