|On Valentine's Day Choose from These and Many Other |
Regular Menu Items or the Specials Described Below
Valentine’s Day Dining
As promised last week, here’s more information on the dining specials for Valentine’s Day at the CVI on Thursday, February 14. CV Steak will be open from 4:30 PM serving the regular menu plus these Valentine’s Day specials: the Beef Filet Oscar features a beef tenderloin topped with crab meat and asparagus, served with béarnaise sauce and a port wine glaze for $34. The Seafood Stuffed Fillet of Sole is a sole fillet wrapped around a combination of crab, scallops and shrimp for $30. The Sunset Special will not be served on Valentine’s Day and CV Steak reservations are strongly recommended by calling 775-783-6650. Katie’s is also serving all regular menu items on Valentine’s Day plus these two specials from 2:00 PM: Penne Pasta Shrimp & Vodka Sauce for $13.99 and New York Strip Diane for $16.99 - two New York Strips grilled with shallots, garlic and mushrooms and finished with a Dijon Brandy sauce. The regular Thursday Katie’s special will not be served on Valentine’s Day; seating is on a first-come basis.
|Watch Out - This Guy May Be in Our Lobby This Weekend!|
Photo by Nancy Hulsey, courtesy Eagles & AG
Raptors Running Rampant is what the 200+ participants in this weekend’s Eagles & Agriculture event are hoping to see as they gawk and gaze from local ranches, barns and highways. Now if you just want an up-close look at a falcon or owl, we suggest you keep your eyes open as you walk in and out of our hotel entrance this weekend. At various times you’re likely to see either – or even both – as the weekend’s activities unfold. And our thanks goes out to the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce for headquartering so many of this weekend’s “Eagles and Ag” activities here at the CVI!
|No, You Can't Deduct the Dog Under the New Tax Guidelines!|
Tax Time Rolling In
You’ve been asking about Win/Loss Statements for the tax year 2018 so here’s a quick reminder on how it works: we do need your signature on a signed request in order to run one of these reports. However, we make it easy for you using this form. And if you had winnings at more than one of our locations, you can check the appropriate locations (Carson Valley Inn, Bodines Casino, Sharkey’s Casino and SlotWorld Casino) and we’ll get all of your 2018 reports prepared. As a reminder, all we can report for you is play recorded while you’ve been using your Player Club card. Also a reminder that we cannot, and do not, offer any type of tax advice.
|Peach Pie Anyone?|
Some Food & Beverage Days of Note
- Today is Pie Day. Check this list of pies: Pumpkin, Peach, Apple, Lemon Meringue, Banana Cream, Chocolate Cream, and Boston Crème! We bake them all right here in our on-site bakery and you can enjoy them by the slice in Katie’s . . . or take home a whole pie (some are also available in the mini-pie size) from the Katie’s Bakery Counter. We don’t have every variety of pie every day, but that’s only because we sometimes can’t keep up with the demand. So, if you have a special occasion, be sure to order in advance.
- Thursday is Peanut Butter Day. Hmmm – how about Peanut Butter cookies?? Just $1.50 each or $6 for a box of six at the Katie’s Bakery Counter.
- Friday is Irish Coffee Day. With temperatures predicted to be from the mid-20s to the low 50s, might be a perfect day to stop by one of our casino bars and sip on an Irish Coffee while you ponder your next sports wager!
- Sunday is Chocolate Cake Day. Same pitch as for the pies above: Enjoy a slice in Katie’s anytime or take home a whole Chocolate Cake from the Katie’s Bakery Counter.
- Monday is Blueberry Pancake DayPancakes laced with blueberries for just $5.99!
- Join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Chocolate Shoppe Gift for the first 150 ladies and Tupperware Gift Baskets by Allison VanGrimbergen as hot seat prizes. You’ll also enjoy games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for ladies playing in the casino. And be sure to start gathering up your garb for next Wednesday's Sock Hop Dress up Contest.
- 4X Points Daytime Wednesdays: 4X Points from 4 AM to 4 PM so be sure to use your INN Club card and build up your points benefits rapidly!
- Cash & Trips Giveaways Promotion Friday & Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for Cash, FreePlay and Trips!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots - watch your points grow at quadruple the normal rate!
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members, swipe at the casino kiosk for a free reward each week.
- Poker Room Super Grid: starting this Sunday poker players win squares in our Big Game (you know what we mean) “Squares Grid” by making a Full House or higher in live action Texas Hold’ em or any hand of Tens Full or higher in Pineapple or Omaha. More on the payouts next week.
- And at the Sports Book:
- Progressive Pro PK’EM: The pot wasn’t won on Championship Sunday so watch next week’s blog for details on how we WILL payout the jackpot based on the NFL game scheduled for Sunday, February 3!
- On the Cabaret and Casino Screens: Plenty of sports to watch with the NFL Pro Bowl, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Place your bets on all of these events plus the Daytona 500 at the Sports & Race Book.
- Looking Ahead: Futures include winners of the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NBA Championship, the 2019 World Series and the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup!
- About the Super Bowl: You’ll have plenty of ways to increase the excitement of the game with wagers of all types. Check our blog next week for more information. Last we looked, we had the Patriots at -2½ and the over-under at 58 . . . but that can and will change as the action comes in.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken Chasseur for $6.99. The Thursday special is a Turkey Plate for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday we feature a Chicken Pot Pie with flaky crust for $5.99 and Tuesday's special is Pork Vera Cruz for $6.99.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak.for $26. This Friday it’s Veal Scaloppini with lemon and capers for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Roem Baur Duo tonight, Buddy Emmer Band Thursday thru Saturday, and the Cliff & Dave Duo next Tuesday and Wednesday. Roem Baur is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer. He ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll and has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC's The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences. The Buddy Emmer Band is a longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit. Their versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread They provide an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!