Following Up on Last Week’s Blog
- Some of the folks associated with the upcoming Eagles & Agriculture called to remind us that the exploring of our area and this heritage is not necessarily limited to January 24 – 27. You can always engage a Professional Guide on your time-table and enjoy a personalized and customized ranch and eagle tour led by some expert area guides.
- We don’t know if it was the story that ran in last week’s blog, or it was meant to happen anyway, but our Winter Sporting Clays Event filled to capacity last weekend. Thanks for an overwhelming response producing what will be our largest turnout ever for this event.
- And assuming it was the article that “Sold Out” the Winter Sporting Clays Event, we’re hoping to cast the same spell on our Spring Stag Golf Event at the end of April by mentioning it this week! There’s an optional practice round Thursday followed by an arrival reception on Thursday night. Play is at the Genoa Lakes courses on Friday and Saturday and there’s a closing banquet Saturday night! Either click here for all the info and a sign-up form, or call Greg today at 775-783-6615.
- And then our own folks turned on us when the CV Steak team demanded equal time (last week was Katie’s comments) for some of the many comments posted recently about our Nevada style steakhouse:
- My filet was so awesome, I actually cut it with my fork. I dare anyone to find a better one, AND I had the twice baked potato. Holy smokes, takes yum to another level. The house salad had a dressing that was perfection! Service was great. - Donna J
- Excellent food, huge portions and great service!! oh yeah, very reasonable prices! - Barbara G.
- My wife and I had a great
experience here on a recent anniversary. The meal was excellent - best-tasting
steak I've had in a very long time. Salad prepared at table-side. Sides all
great. Had a nice piece of cheesecake for desert - also great. Pretty
decent wine selection, maybe not as extensive as similar places in California,
but their offerings more than adequately covered the spectrum. And prices for
everything seemed pretty reasonable. Service was friendly, and neither too
frequent nor too rare. I'm kind of a hard grader, and I definitely recommend
this place when you're looking for a really nice steak meal. – Gary D.
Visitors Guide Filled with Info
|Have One Mailed to You, |
Or Download a Digital Copy
We tip our hat to the Carson Valley Visitors Authority, aka Visit Carson Valley, on the recent publication of their 2019 Visitors Guide. The award-winning appearance is just the beginning. In our opinion, the content is a “must-read” for new or even repeat visitors to our beautiful area. To request a copy be mailed to you, or to view and download the online version, simply click here! And speaking of the Carson Valley Visitors Authority, they also called us after reading the snowmobiling article in last week’s blog. They politely reminded us of the other winter activities in our area such as Snowshoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Biking and more. They put their arms around the whole subject under the label Winter Base Camp for Fun . . . check it out!
Special Events Coming Up at CVI
- Eagles and Agriculture: Last weekend in January with most of the events headquartered here at the Inn. To check on the few remaining events with openings, click here.
- Carson Valley Ducks Unlimited Dinner: Saturday, February 2 with sponsorship opportunities and tickets still available – all the info is here.
- Douglas County Republican Central Committee Lincoln Reagan Dinner: Sunday, February 17 featuring authors and commentators Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie. For ticket information click here.
- Douglas High School ROTC Ball: Friday, March 1. Honoring the high school students in this pre-military program.
- Minden Rotary Beast Feast: Saturday, March 9. All proceeds go the Children at Risk programs supported by Minden Rotary and more information is on this site.
- Sierra Lutheran High School “Gifts of Grace” Dinner: Saturday, March 23 with more information available on this web page.
- Douglas County Democrats Keep Nevada Blue Dinner: Saturday, March 30 and more information will be available here.
Very Useful Information
Guys, take this seriously: Valentine’s Day is only four weeks away!! A smart move would be to make reservations in CV Steak as soon as possible by calling 775-783-6650. Wait too long and . . . well, just do it now! As for our Valentine’s Day specials? We hope to have them for you next week for both Katie’s and CV Steak.
Marginally Useful Information
- Today is Nothing Day. Bet you can’t wait to read about how we are going to tie this to the CVI! Seems that Nothing Day has been commemorated since 1973 and the day is literally about doing nothing at all. Furthermore, there is absolutely no purpose or intended structure for this pointless celebration. As for tying it to the Carson Valley Inn as we so alluded . . . Well, we got nothing!
- Thursday is Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day. So if you’re letting loose of a resolution that was in any way, shape, or form keeping you from coming into the Carson Valley Inn so far in 2019, welcome back!
- Saturday is Popcorn Day. Being upfront, we cannot tie this Day to the CVI. However, some of us really do like popcorn so we thought everyone should know this is not an uncontrolled food . . . there is actually a Popcorn Board overseeing the whole subject of popcorn! What’s this mean to you? Probably back where we started this section: Nothing!
This Week in the Casino
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a Special Mirror Gift for the first 150 ladies. Also tonight, Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, raffles, a weekly drink special and free bingo for ladies playing in the casino.
- 4X Points Daytime Wednesdays: 4X Points from 4 AM to 4 PM so be sure to use your INN Club card and pad your points benefits rapidly!
- Cash & Getaway Giveaways Promotion Friday & Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for Cash, FreePlay and Trips!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in January. Watch your points accrue at quadruple the normal rate!
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members, swipe at the casino kiosk Mondays in January for a free reward each week. Check at Guest Services for complete details on the Your Rewards Mondays.
- And at the Sports Book:
- Progressive Pro PK’EM: The pot is $4,602 for this Sunday’s NFL Conference Championship Game. Pick all 15 props on the special $5 Parlay Card and the pot is yours (ties split)!
- On the Cabaret and Casino Screens: Plenty action with the NFL Playoffs ($2 domestic draft beer during the games), NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey, the Daytona 500 and Horseracing. Action on all of these events taken at the Sports & Race Book.
- Looking Ahead: Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NBA Championship, the 2019 World Series and the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian
Day with three
specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine
Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork
Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken
Chasseur for $6.99. The Thursday special is a Turkey Plate for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner
special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s
Sunday special is "The
Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed
potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10 PM. Monday we feature a Chicken Pot Pie with flaky crust for
$5.99 and Tuesday's special is Pork
Vera Cruz for $6.99.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak.for $26. This Friday it’s Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Tyler Stafford tonight, Left of Center makes their CVI debut Thursday thru Saturday, and the Roem Baur Duo next Tuesday and Wednesday. Named “Reno’s Best Songwriter 2013” Tyler Stafford is a homegrown talent. His songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon. Left of Center is one of Northern Nevada's top Country/Rock bands - need we say more! Roem Baur is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer. He ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll and has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC's The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!