Gary Allan Concert in JTs Corral: Country artist Gary Allan will appear in concert in TJ's Corral on Thursday, June 4! Allan has registered four #1 singles and his latest single "Hangover Tonight" is impacting radio stations across the nation. His top-10 hit "Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)" from his "Set You Free" album is in the video above. He has amassed seven gold albums so far, three of them certified platinum. Tickets will be on sale within a few weeks.
Best of Nevada: The Carson Valley Inn is very proud to have been voted the Best Casino in the 2014 best of Nevada poll taken by Nevada Magazine last spring. We won it for the category of "everywhere in the state except Reno/Sparks or Las Vegas" as each of those areas has their own award winner. The publication just announced the opening of voting for the 2015 awards and. . . Well, we'd feel even more honored to win it two years in a row! If you're feeling inclined to give us a favorable nod, we'd also appreciate your consideration in the Best Hotel and Best Restaurant (CV Steak) categories also. Take the 2015 poll here.
Panoramic Valley Views: Sounds like the beginning of a real estate listing for a home in the foothills! Actually, we're talking about the absolutely incredible and often breathtaking views from many of the groomed trails that surround the Carson Valley, both from the Pinenut Mountains to the east and the Sierra Nevada Range to the west. Many of these views are made possible to hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians thanks to the efforts of the Carson Valley Trails Association, "a non-profit, volunteer based organization working with partners to provide access to public lands through a recreational trail system for present and future generations to enjoy." Yet another option will be added to the list this Saturday with the dedication of the new Pinyon Trail, located east of Carson Valley and accessible off Pinenut Road. Many of the guests staying at the Carson Valley Inn enjoy the trail systems in our area and our hotel desk staff has maps to help make it easy to get to the trailheads. We encourage you to check out all of the trail maps, projects, events, photos and more available on the Carson Valley Trails Association website.
Final Four of a Different Kind: Nope, not basketball – that Final Four is still a few weeks away. However, the CV Steak Sampler Platter made the Final Four in App Wars - a poll in search of Carson Valley’s Signature Appetizer or Starter. Voting starts Monday by clicking on this link. Give us a shout out!
Sharkey's Casino Job Fair This Saturday: Just a reminder that hiring will begin for a number of positions at Sharkey's Casino during the Job Fair here at the Carson Valley Inn this Saturday, from 9 AM to 2 PM. The action will be in the Picon Room located just inside the hotel entrance to the left. Job Positions to be filled include Slot Floor Persons, Sports Book Writers, Security, Cleaning Attendants, Cashiers, Main Bank, Cook, Host, Servers and Bartenders.
No Wisecracks in This One: You may have read that we had a small fire on the Katie's cooking line late Monday night. No one was hurt, the suppression system functioned exactly as designed and there was no damage. Katie's was closed for about 17 hours while we replaced sprinkler heads, cleaned up, recharged the fire suppression system and got the green light from the Health Department and Fire Department. Our sincere thanks to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and the East Fork Fire and Paramedic District who responded very quickly to the alarm. While our fire suppression system did its job in extinguishing this fire almost immediately, it's heartening to know that we live in a community where this type of support is so readily available.
Active Weekend at CVI: The Carson Valley Arts Council and the Proscenium Players, Inc. are presenting "Polter-Heist: A Hauntingly Hilarious Show!" as a fundraising murder mystery dinner theater show in our Valley Ballroom this Friday. Seems the Bogeyman Outreach Organization (BOO), a support group for ghosts, is holding its annual convention and . . . . well we're just tellin' ya 'cause there may be some unusual characters roaming the halls outside our convention center. Moving on to Saturday night, we do not anticipate there will be any wild game creatures roaming the halls when Minden Rotary hosts its annual Beast Feast fundraiser. We offer our thanks to both of these organizations for choosing the Carson Valley Inn. If you're considering a fundraiser, business meeting, social gathering or any type of large event, please contact Carrie in our Sales department at 775-783-6673.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Merle Tickets – Almost! Still working out the final details on the seating chart with our online ticketing service . . . should have tickets on sale very soon for the Merle Haggard Concert on Friday, May 1 in TJ's Corral.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the third in a series four March Bakeware products. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Chocolate Shoppe gift baskets, ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Braised Buffalo Short Ribs This Friday in CV Steak: One and a half pounds of American Bison short ribs braised and slow-cooked, finished with natural pan sauce. Served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $29.00.
- St. Patrick's Day Tuesday, March 17: INN Club members earn 5X Points from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Cash and FreePlay Giveaways will be held at noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m.; $2 Green Bud Light draft will be served at the Cabaret Bar, a traditional Bag Pipe Salute will take place at 3 and 7 p.m. and Cabaret Lounge entertainment starts at 6 p.m. on St. Patrick's Day.
- Royal Flush Progressive Bonus Hits: Richard S gathered up $3,834 last Monday when he drew a Royal Flush in Clubs – just one of the many promotions and extras in our Poker Room!
- Blackjack Tournament Pays Out $1650: Last night's monthly tournament brought $825 to Joy T. for finishing first, $495 to Blaze H. for second and $330 to Gary H. for third. The next Monthly Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday, April 14 with all the entry fees and re-buys going to the prize fund.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Dale Poune is here tonight, 7se7en5 makes a one-night appearance tomorrow, After Dark entertains Friday & Saturday nights, and Steve Lord takes the stage Sunday through Wednesday nights.
- We Thought You Should Know: This Friday is Open An Umbrella Indoors Day. This is important in case you see someone opening an umbrella indoors or, and this is really a stretch, in case you want to know the proper indoor umbrella procedures on this day.