Gary Allan Concert Tickets On Sale!
We were going to take a week off from mentioning anything about the Aviation Roundup on August 22 and 23 featuring the USAF Thunderbirds . . . But in viewing Gary Allan's top-10 hit Watching Airplanes (video above) . . . Well, the two subjects just tied together. Anyway, tickets for the June 4 Gary Allan concert in TJ's Corral are on sale and we hope you'll plan to attend! As for the other concerts we covered last week: the Merle Haggard concert on May 1 is sold out – Thank You to all who bought tickets as your support of our concerts helps us bring in more artists to the incredible mountain-view setting of TJ's Corral. A list of our six concerts lined up so far are at this link. In addition to the two concerts mentioned above, you can click through to information on The Davisson Brothers Band (June 12), Rodney Atkins (June 27), 38 Special (July 23) and Mo Bandy and TG Sheppard (August 8).
|The Outside Sign Shows Up Again - Now Inside in a Most Unusual Location!|
This is the most common question we hear these days at the Carson Valley Inn. The way things have been progressing in the last week, we are unofficially projecting we will be open before the end of April - a purposely vague projection because we will open as soon as we're ready! Some more things still have fall into place, but the rapid progress gives us cause for optimism.
In the next few days, you'll see more visible outside progress as some of the signage starts
going up and the paving begins on the lot immediately adjacent to the building. Inside,
carpeting will start being installed as soon as it arrives later this week or early
next week. The bar is just about completed and the booths for the restaurant have all
arrived . . . But there's much more still to do over the next couple of weeks.
There's that small matter of all the slots and videos to be delivered,
installed and connected. There are many more decorative and memorabilia-related items to go up on the walls and in the nooks and crannies.
|One of the Many Chalk Witticisms |
Over the Counter in Sharkey's Restaurant
The coordinated efforts of the many trades and subcontractors will soon give way to a well-choreographed "step over each other gingerly" performance by the various vendors whose products and services bring us down the home stretch towards the finish line of opening.
So why haven't we been touting all of the features of Sharkey's and profusely blabbing about how great it will be? The answer is simple: if you have never had the honor of watching Mike Pegram and his architect, Larry Henry, do a project like this, you just simply can't appreciate how much time, thought and creativity goes into taking advantage of every opportunity to make improvements along the way. What we might've announced as something "really cool" a couple of weeks ago has now been tweaked into an approach that even better preserves the history of the location, the legacy of Sharkey Begovich or the customer experience. So, just take our word that the final product will be unique, comfortable and an exceptional "no corners cut" addition to the core corner of Gardnerville!
5 Years Already??? Yep, it's actually been over 5 years since Mike Pegram and his partners bought the Carson Valley Inn. The first few months were a frenzy of remodeling, refurbishing, refreshing and rejuvenation . . . so we had the grand opening of the casino in April of 2010. Next week, we are celebrating our 5th Anniversary under Mike's ownership so please join us on Tuesday, April 14 for double points from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., free cake and champagne in the casino from 1 to 2 p.m. and again from 7 to 8 p.m., and free anniversary t-shirts distributed randomly throughout the day while they last. Then come back on Wednesday, April 15 for five times points from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Our resident entertainment manager Stew Stewart has been lining up some new acts for our Cabaret Lounge and two of them are performing this weekend.
- Jonathan "JB" Barton finishes up his four-day stint tonight.
- The Kool Shifters Band is in for one night Thursday with a great mix of music from the 60's, 70's, 80's, country, blues and swing.
- River Road takes the stage on Friday and Saturday nights entertaining with their diverse backgrounds in country, pop, rock, R&B and jazz.
- Steve Lord handles the early week gig Sunday through Wednesday.
- And just a little peek ahead: on Thursday, April 16 we will be featuring Karaoke with Anthony Janssen.
Breakfast Wars: Joey Crandall, the man behind carsonvalleytimes.com is at it again with another Food War – this time it's Breakfast Wars and two popular Katie's favorites are on the nomination ballot: Our Giant Ham Steak & Eggs and our Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs. These hard-to-beat specials are worthy of your vote by 5 p.m. this Friday, April 10. Sure we are biased, but your positive comments have been numerous!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Mike's Horses: Horse racing – not for the faint of heart . . . Mike had four horses scheduled to run at Santa Anita last weekend. One scratched, two finished out of the money, and one took first place. The light at the end of the tunnel? The winner's name was Gimme The Lute!!
- Best of Nevada: Voting ends April 17 so please indulge us this last request to give us your consideration in the Best Casino, Best Hotel and Best Restaurant (CV Steak) categories in the Nevada Magazine Best of Nevada poll.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the second set of three April kitchen utensils. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for gift baskets from the Blue Cow, ladies-only drink specials, a ladies-only slot tournament and more.
- Field Set for Free Roll Poker Tournament: The action starts Saturday at 11:30 a.m. and a full field of 40 will compete for $2,000 after qualifying in February and March. Just one of the many special games and promotions in our Poker Room!
- The April CVI Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday, April 14 with all entry fees and re-buys going to the prize fund. Sign-ups are from 5 to 6 p.m. and the tournament starts at 6:00 p.m. The tournament is open to all INN Club members and the prize pool is distributed to the top three finishers.
- Braised Buffalo Short Ribs in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Braised Buffalo Short Ribs; one and a half pounds of American Bison short ribs braised and slow cooked finished with natural pan sauce, served served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $29.00.
- We Thought You Should Know: Thursday is Name Yourself Day – apparently the one day of the year you can change your name for the day. Friday is Golfer’s Day when we celebrate, not the game itself, but the men and women who play it . . . including the few thousand golfers who stay at the CVI each season while playing our area courses and taking advantage of our group packages or special events like the upcoming Spring Stag. Sunday is Walk On Your Wild Side Day - a chance to do something no one would ever expect you to (like read all the way to the end of our weekly blog).
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!