Only 13 when her provocative "Delta Dawn" caused a nationwide stir and became a Top 10 country hit, Tanya Tucker has built one of the most successful and compelling careers in music. Considered one of the very few females of the "outlaw" country movement, she holds a Grammy award, two Country Music Association awards, Two Academy of Country Music awards, and three CMT Awards. 23 of her albums have landed in the country Top 40 chart since her 1972 debut, and she has amassed 10 #1 country singles, 33 that have reached the Top 5, and 41 in the Top 10. Catch her live in TJ's Corral on Friday, July 3!
Davisson Brothers Tickets on Sale:
|Loving Mary to open for Davisson Brothers|
In other CVI Concert News, Loving Mary will bring their mix of Rock, Country and a touch of Alternative to the TJ's Corral stage on June 12 to open for the The Davisson Brothers. The two groups of young country artists will combine for quite an entertaining start to the Carson Valley Days weekend and tickets are on sale now for just $22.50! Click here for the full lineup of all the concerts scheduled so far for TJ's corral.
|Silver Dollar Bar |
Taking Shape at Sharkey's
Plenty of Sports Book Action This Week:
- The NBA regular season winds up today and the playoffs start on Saturday when 16 teams vie for the 2015 championship. Current favorites are the Cavaliers and Warriors who are both posted as 8-5 odds in our sports book.
- In the NHL, the first round of the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs starts tonight and the odds-makers have the Blackhawks (4-1) and the Rangers (5-1) as the favorites.
- Major League Baseball games are also on the board every day and, with over a week of activity to draw upon, the action is starting to pick up, especially with our West Coast teams. Who is favored to win the World Series? The Dodgers at 5-1 followed by the Nationals at 7-1.
- What about the Super Bowl 2015? Try the Seahawks at 5-1 and the Patriots at 6-1.
- About odds: All odds shown above were as of Tuesday afternoon and they can and will change at any time so be sure to check the board at our Race & Sports Book.
- Don't think you have the "skills" to bet sports? Sometimes luck is just as successful so take advantage of today being Take a Wild Guess Day and, who knows, your SWAG may just best the experts!
Free Roll Poker Tournament Winners: Joe "13" ($575) and Fizze ($425) captured the top two spots in our Free Roll Tournament last Saturday as four full tables of qualifiers played for a piece of the $2000 in cash prizes which went in increments to the top-ten finishers. The participants also enjoy a deli spread, cake, beverages, souvenir hat and a great time! Please come down any time and enjoy the zany group of customers and employees who make our poker room simply the best in the area . . . whether you're a regular, a newcomer to our area, or just visiting while staying at the CVI.
The April CVI Blackjack Tournament on Tuesday night brought a $1,600+ prize fund consisting of all the fees and re-buys . . . and happy faces on the top three finishers: Richard Leigh ($800 for first), Richard Trott ($500 for second) and Teresa Sexton ($325 for third). Our next monthly Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday, May 12!
New Collegiate Boxing Champs Were Here at CVI: Congrats to University of Nevada-Reno for winning the men's national team title at the National Collegiate Boxing Association national championships in Sunrise, FL last Sunday. Four members of the Nevada Boxing Club won individual titles . . . and three of the four started their 2014/15 training here at the CVI in Exhibition matches in TJ's Corral last September. Kudos to Jarred Santo (132 pounds), JJ Mariano (139 pounds), Johnny Aguilar (156 pounds) and Garrett Felling (185 pounds). We are currently coordinating with the Nevada Boxing Club to bring back the exhibition boxing event in September of 2015 and will certainly let you know in our weekly blog as soon as we finalize the date.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night: We're taking tonight off due to 5X points today from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. as the finale of our Fifth Anniversary Celebration.
- Grilled Elk Medallions in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi; two 3 oz. elk tenderloin medallions grilled and finished with the demi and sundried cherries. Served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $30.00.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Steve Lord is here tonight, Karaoke with Anthony Janssen will bring plenty of audience performance opportunities on Thursday, The Blues Monsters entertain Friday and Saturday, and Greg Austin takes the stage Sunday through Wednesday.
- We Thought You Should Know: Thursday is Eggs Benedict Day – a perfect time to try a full or half order of Eggs Benedict in Katie's! Thursday is also Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day . . . if you do so; let us know how it went over with your boss!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!